A v Newcastle - BOUNCEBACKABILITY #BoycottSpurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation=433, Lloris, Yedlin, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Townsend/ Lamela, Kane, Rose][/formation]

None of our wingers have been doing much recently, so give Rose a chance up there.

Edit: I assuming Walker is out for a wee while? What's the news on his injury?

[formation=433, Lloris, Yedlin, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Townsend/ Lamela, Kane, Rose][/formation]

None of our wingers have been doing much recently, so give Rose a chance up there.

That's actually not bad idea. Could see Rose getting a lot of goals if played in that sort of area. Be an interesting experiment.

He did start out as at left midfield, and seemed pretty reluctant about being moved back if I remember correctly. Plus you have the benefit of Davies getting some game time as I think he could still turn out to be better than Rose, at least defensively. Very much doubt it will happen though.

Danny Rose is a pretty good utility man. He played left midfield for us previously, he played right midfield for us on his debut against Woolwich, he played central midfield when he was in our academy and was pretty good before he got a long term injury and now as we know he's a pretty good left back.

But let's keep him at left back. It'd be nice to experiment, but it's also nice to get some sort of flow going. I'd rather just see Rose attacking behind a roaming Eriksen whilst Dembele links midfield and attack and we see the hard working Lamela helping out an inexperienced pacey wing back in Yedlin, who's a more like for like replacement for Walker then anyone else we have.

Mike Ashley is basically 'levy lite', been treating newcastle like a feeder club for the elite and buying cheap french players

I'm not quite sure what people want from football club owners;

- Oligarch or Sheikh = bad because their money makes winning false and hollow
- Risdale or Storrie = bad because of reckless spending beyond their clubs means
- Ashley or Levy = bad because they run their clubs to break even

I know it's nowhere near as simplistic as this, but it seems like the perfect owner would need to be involved in a very elaborate tax avoidance/fraud scheme like Rangers or Parma to keep the average fan happy.

When Gutierrez came on last night it suddenly clicked which Spursy event will occur in this match.

First goal for Newcastle since his op. Its written. And I won't begrudge him it either.

You're really grasping at straws. That's a lineup I'd like to see. Will it work? I dont know.

Your point being?

My point being that you would like to see a line up that the manager will never play, meaning that you would rather he didnt pick his preferred 11...which means that by your own argument "you think you know better"...Mug

My point being that you would like to see a line up that the manager will never play, meaning that you would rather he didnt pick his preferred 11...which means that by your own argument "you think you know better"...Mug

Nope. I would like to see that line-up, but I won't pretend to know if it'll be better than whatever Poch decides. Doesn't really fit your argument, does it now, sweety.

I would like to see that line-up, but I won't pretend to know if it'll be better than whatever Poch decides.

You have decided that you would prefer to see your line up to what he is putting out..... in your own words, you think you know better than Poch.

Unless you you think you would like to see a line up that you think will be worse than his.

You have decided that you would prefer to see your line up to what he is putting out..... in your own words, you think you know better than Poch.

Unless you you think you would like to see a line up that you think will be worse than his.

You're desperate. :kaboullol:

Objectively I think that line-up seems the best.

But I have no clue as to their mental status, their physical condition, contribution in training etc. etc. - our manager does. Therefore he can make the more educated choice.

Now go back a page and tell me how that fits your initial point.

I always find it amusing when a hardcore Poch backer, who slates people for getting on his back puts out a line up they want to see, but one Poch will NEVER play in a million years.

Then when someone argues he is not using the squad, they excuse it and say "he doesnt have the players"..

:avbshit:
Hardcore Pochbacker ... New forum name I think.

Back
Top Bottom