Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Latest but not sure when playing again.
Pochettino added: "Erik came back from Argentina on Monday [he flew home for personal reasons] and he's working hard to be available as quickly as possible, he's much better."

Can't see it..... any idea when he is back?
:pochfacepalm:
In Poch's most recent press conference, I believe he said that he is getting better but had to keep working on his fitness. Even when he is available, we won't see 60+ minutes out of him for quite a few games.

In Poch's most recent press conference, I believe he said that he is getting better but had to keep working on his fitness. Even when he is available, we won't see 60+ minutes out of him for quite a few games.

Let's hope we get to see him back in action next month!

Having gone back and watched the Battle of the Bridge, it's clear how much we are missing Lamela's pressing and creativity. Hope he's back on board soon.

Having gone back and watched the Battle of the Bridge, it's clear how much we are missing Lamela's pressing and creativity. Hope he's back on board soon.
Amid the carnage inflicted by Dier, Lamela probably produced my two favourite moments of that game.

His two footed sliding tackle on Hazard (I think, ediy: actually it was Fabregas as well) was beautiful filth and his stamp on Fabregas' hand as he pretended to look up at the crowd was evil genius.

Last edited:
Oh my. How wonderful that hand stamp on Flabbygas was at the battle of the bridge.

I will forever admire Lamela for that

That night. The players did to so many of those Chelsea cunts what 99% of us fans would want to do to them.

Dier, Mason, Demebele...smashing through them....Walker flicking snot into Costa's face.

Poch on the sidelines....

You can't win everything. But you can always fight your hardest not to lose.

Did it ever get confirmed what Vorm went so mental over at the end ?

Last edited:
With how well the 3-4-2-1 is working I'm curious how we will implement Lamela when he returns. In my opinion, he is such an important player but Eriksen and Dele are thriving in the new system. As of now, it seems like he will have to be a sub unless we go back to 4-2-3-1. Although, I believe Lamela coming in at 60-65 minutes could be a nightmare for opposing teams. He's so aggressive pressing and creates plenty of chances. I'm definitely excited to see him return.

With how well the 3-4-2-1 is working I'm curious how we will implement Lamela when he returns. In my opinion, he is such an important player but Eriksen and Dele are thriving in the new system. As of now, it seems like he will have to be a sub unless we go back to 4-2-3-1. Although, I believe Lamela coming in at 60-65 minutes could be a nightmare for opposing teams. He's so aggressive pressing and creates plenty of chances. I'm definitely excited to see him return.
Won't be too bad.

We could play with three at the back and a holding midfielder in front - then have a trio of attacking midfielders behind Kane (which would include Lamela). The only issue with that is Dembele missing out, but it depends on how injury-free he stays.

The very fact that we are all dying to know when Our man is back speaks volumes. Do we need more signings? Not too sure actually. Get Erik back & there are a few more teams we will butcher like that lot from wherever.

It's easy to forget the huge part Lamela played for us last season.

I never realized how many chances he created that should have/weren't finished off.

Back
Top Bottom