Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Such an important player for us. Between him & Toby, we genuinely are missing two enormously influential lads. Can't wait to see them both back & in the team. It's only when they aren't available that the extent of their worth to the team becomes obvious.

6764014331_6e6806acbd.jpg

If Lamela is going to be out for an extended period, with surgery or whatnot, we really need to think about picking up some outside attacking cover in the upcoming transfer window. Could be painful for Levy and our pockets, but, I think it would go a long way towards keeping us in the top 4 this season. Surely some tough decisions are coming up in the Summer regarding Eriksen, Lamela, and Son, so I don't see why we should be worried about picking up someone with starter potential in that spot and loading up out depth chart a bit. I do hope that we get outside attacking talent though, and not just another CAM, which we probably have 1 too many of in the squad at present.

If Lamela is going to be out for an extended period, with surgery or whatnot, we really need to think about picking up some outside attacking cover in the upcoming transfer window. Could be painful for Levy and our pockets, but, I think it would go a long way towards keeping us in the top 4 this season. Surely some tough decisions are coming up in the Summer regarding Eriksen, Lamela, and Son, so I don't see why we should be worried about picking up someone with starter potential in that spot and loading up out depth chart a bit. I do hope that we get outside attacking talent though, and not just another CAM, which we probably have 1 too many of in the squad at present.

Or just play Nkoudou more. Was quite lively against Chelsea, and a large improvement on Son's 1% pass accuracy of late...

Or just play Nkoudou more. Was quite lively against Chelsea, and a large improvement on Son's 1% pass accuracy of late...

True- hopefully Poch can give him a start or two coming up so we can see how viable that option is during what is likely to be a cutthroat run-in later on this season. I like GKN's potential but I'm not yet convinced he can be a starting XI quality outside attacker this season.

Not that part- whats funny about wanting more outside attacking cover? Dead horse or something?

I think it's the fact that we've spent many many years in worse scenarios and expecting attacking cover in January, so the humorous thing is your expectation that we will.

Sorry bk, I was just laughing that you hoped we'd sign someone this January - last season we had the best chance to win the league since 1987 and were clearly screaming out for at least another striker, we ended up buying a 16 year old from non-league Ebfleet United

Another year saw us similarly desperate for reinforcements up front and in defence, only to see us "strengthen" through the addition of Louis bleeding Saha and Ryan fucking Nelsen

Expect to see us bring in an athletic-looking 17-year-old left back from Clapton FC on Jan 31st, to a chorus of "It's difficult to bring players in during the winter window" and "Maybe Sissoko can play as a false 9" from the usual suspects

Back
Top Bottom