Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I seem to recall Poch saying somewhere that he lets the players decide who takes a penalty rather than choose ahead of time. Case in point: it was Eriksen giving the penalty to Janssen against Gillingham as he was captaining the side that night.

Lamela earned the penalty and had the balls to insist on taking it. Annoying that he missed (and it wasn't the greatest kick) but no harm, no foul. Would rather have players with the courage to step up than shying away from responsibility.

Maybe give Son a chance next time instead though, eh?
:sonhmm:
Son taking pen next time is not issue here.
Team winning is. I am sure Son would take the team winning the league over himself becoming league goal leader everytime if given chance.
How did Lamela earn pen by the way when Ali earnd it on the same sopt?
doesnt really matter little things. important thing is team ball wins the championship. you can't just keep shooting at the defenders body while ignoring wide open teammates

He's not, unfortunately. Never has been comfortable with that amount of individual pressure.
Shame, I'd say the same for alli and lamela too. I never feel comfortable when either one of them have a lot time to think about something, they're much better with working on instinct.

Son taking pen next time is not issue here.
Team winning is. I am sure Son would take the team winning the league over himself becoming league goal leader everytime if given chance.
How did Lamela earn pen by the way when Ali earnd it on the same sopt?
doesnt really matter little things. important thing is team ball wins the championship. you can't just keep shooting at the defenders body while ignoring wide open teammates
Sorry, my mistake about that, I misremembered the foul that drew the penalty.

Theres to be "Asian Game" in couple of years. I think that is the best bet for Son to get exmpted. Team Korea just need to focus and win the last couple of matches over the usual final tournament opponents like Japan or Austrailia or Iran etc which is very doable. Even if it doesn't happen then I have a feeling team Son could find a way to postpone it? These millionaire athelets always do. But that's way down the road while w team ball Son has legit chance of becoming champion. He had it last year too but didn't happen what a shame. But amazingly credit to coach Pochetino he has again this year and probably next year as well. If he became two time champion with his teammates but failed get exempt? Id say you fucking go and serve lol

Players miss penalties all the time. Disputes between teammates happen to all teams. It's not a big deal, especially when we just played one of the best games I have watched in the past few years, if not more.
For our second goal though, when Lamela, Alli, and Son ran into five City's defenders, the trio did an amazing job. Lamela kept on running drawing Stones to him, Alli ran into that space Lamela created, and Son simply put a ball through the defenders. Seemingly effortless goal, but it sure was deadly.

From the North stand yesterday, imo he never looked like he was going to score. Worst type of pen, telegraphed, nice height, too close to keeper. Even I would have saved it if I'd gone the right way.

I'd like Toby to take them. Cool, and deadly accurate. (if Kane and Janssen not available).

He wasn't as bad as people say, but he wasn't nearly as fantastic either.

Workrate like Dele, Sonny, Eriksen is top notch and he fits in that front 4 like a glove, but let's be honest enough to say, that a whole lot didn't come off for him and that he was very wasteful in possession, chosing silly sollutions and losing the ball in silly places.

I'd say he was about on par for team average in what was a very convincing team performance, and I'd guess he is satisfied with that, and so is Poch. No need to try to talk him up to world class in what was merely an on-par game for him.

He wasn't as bad as people say, but he wasn't nearly as fantastic either.

Workrate like Dele, Sonny, Eriksen is top notch and he fits in that front 4 like a glove, but let's be honest enough to say, that a whole lot didn't come off for him and that he was very wasteful in possession, chosing silly sollutions and losing the ball in silly places.

I'd say he was about on par for team average in what was a very convincing team performance, and I'd guess he is satisfied with that, and so is Poch. No need to try to talk him up to world class in what was merely an on-par game for him.
He'll be fine but not the player to carry us. Even on the National Team, there is Messi, Aguero, Di Maria and then Lamela. Same pecking order for the Spurs, Kane, Dele, Son and then....maybe him and Erickson.

He'll be fine but not the player to carry us. Even on the National Team, there is Messi, Aguero, Di Maria and then Lamela. Same pecking order for the Spurs, Kane, Dele, Son and then....maybe him and Erickson.

Who the fuck is Erickson?

Seriously, two spelling mistakes in one of our biggest player's name. 7 letters. Can't be that hard?

Ah I think he could come to carry us, alright. This just wasn't the game to prove it.

He'll be fine.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Yes, it's petty but fuck me does it annoy me when people can't spell the names of our players.
Eriksen isn't exactly rocket science to spell, either.

Now Alderweireld is a mouthful of peanut butter and it isn't much easier to casually type, so I get that.

Back
Top Bottom