Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reserving judgement till more info re: penalty.

Worth bearing in mind that he regularly runs his heart out and gets stuck in for the team, he wanted to take the pen cos he thought he'd score, not cos he's selfish IMO.

Either way if Son written down as the taker then Lamela should be set straight for next time.

Apart from that he contributed heavily to today, very good performance.

Big shout to the miserable cunts that still need to harp on Lamela's pk miss after we ran circles around city.

Some people will never feel joy. I feel for them.

Thought he was good today - works ridiculously hard, some good passes in the final third. He did misplace a few passes in the centre of the field and they gladly didn't come to anything, which he needs to iron out of his game, but he was good.

The penalty situation is embarrassing for both Lamela and Son. I can only imagine Lamela is the main penalty taker or was designated penalty taker but Son thought he should have it considering his form etc - I personally would have given it to Alli due to how cool he is with his finishing and the fact he won it.

Love Erik but knew he was gonna miss that, why is eriksen not talked about as deputy penalty taker? He seems the type who would be good on pens

I see some of you are right in there with Poch since you know Lamela stole the penalty when it's about 50/50 that it was the other way around.

Important player for us who was just as good as the rest of the team today. Having a strong season in the shadow of others - just what the doctor ordered.

Onwards and upwards

His work rate was excellent as usual but possesion wise he was wasteful. He keeps doing the annoying thing of always trying to go inside when we look like we can counter, only to lose possesion in a dangerous part of the pitch. It cost us against monaco and he did it a few times today.

I see some of you are right in there with Poch since you know Lamela stole the penalty when it's about 50/50 that it was the other way around.

Important player for us who was just as good as the rest of the team today. Having a strong season in the shadow of others - just what the doctor ordered.

Onwards and upwards
I agree about the pen situation. Nobody knows who the designated pen taker was so theres no way somebody can be blamed until we find that out.

Shame about the pen... but at 2.15p.m today, 3-0 would've felt greedy... so I'm not gonna complain

Would been nice though, eh? Just to calm the nerves for the last half hour.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise, as at least we kept our concentration at 2-0, rather than switching off at 3-0 and risk conceding one... or two... or worse!

From Football365...
"But Pochettino played down the event, saying: “It happens in all teams. Everyone can miss a penalty. We will analyse, but it is not a big issue.

“The collective performance was strong. It is too early to take this into the table yet. We are still creating our philosophy.”"

In one Swansea game like two three seasons ago, Nathan Dyer a peppy midfield/winger was having a match of his season, had two goals going in the match and earned a penalty, but I guess the team kicker? Huan Guzman? I think was his name had similar argue over who takes the pen with Nathan Dyyer who wanted to take it and complete the hat trick. It probably was his first chance ever at that and still the last. I for sure thought Guzman would give it to Dyer, and the argue was much longer too than what we had today. Anyway Guzman ended up taking it. He made it and all but after that day I will always remember him as the one who just could’t give to his teammate.

The fucking irony is Steve Perryman came out and spoke at half time today. Asked what his greatest moments of his time here, he replied "There were two". "The first was the 1984 UEFA Cup final" and the one specific moment he brought up was the penalty miss by Danny Thomas. His greatest memory was when Spurs fans clapped and sung his name as he walked backed to the half way line after missing a penalty.

I seem to recall Poch saying somewhere that he lets the players decide who takes a penalty rather than choose ahead of time. Case in point: it was Eriksen giving the penalty to Janssen against Gillingham as he was captaining the side that night.

Lamela earned the penalty and had the balls to insist on taking it. Annoying that he missed (and it wasn't the greatest kick) but no harm, no foul. Would rather have players with the courage to step up than shying away from responsibility.

Maybe give Son a chance next time instead though, eh?
:sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom