Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There were some good passes between Lamela and Son today. But Lamela needs to work on his right foot even though his assist came from his right. It looked like he was always a couple steps late or fast for many of his shots and passes today.
After he switched to left, he did much better than the first half.

There were some good passes between Lamela and Son today. But Lamela needs to work on his right foot even though his assist came from his right. It looked like he was always a couple steps late or fast for many of his shots and passes today.
After he switched to left, he did much better than the first half.
He only has one foot mate. I love him but I think the days of him improving on his weaker foot have long past. It's his biggest flaw and affects how he presses and tackles, as much as it affects how he plays with the ball. He rabonna's because he can only use one foot, nice way to get around his deficiency though.

He was phenomenal yesterday. Really looking like the confident bully of a player we were told we had signed.
icnt.gif

I was underwhelmed with his performance yesterday. Sure he got the assist, but he lost the ball a LOT. Passing accuracy is OK when's he's giving it to a team mate in space latterly or backwards, but there's a problem when he tries to thread through the incisive, attacking pass. Most of those type passes aren't really there and they end up going the other way.

I think our players including erik tend to hold onto the ball too long or pick the wrong pass. Nkoudou and son were wide open for a diagonal through-ball several times yet they (lamela, dele and eriksen) either went to the opposite side or tried to take on one player too-many. This was my only frustration with him and the other two yesterday.

I'm in the Lamela had a great game camp. He was much quicker at releasing his passes and attempting through balls than the others, and we became much more threatening once he was playing in the middle. I just wish that Pochettino had let him start there, and play behind Janssen to give Vincent more material to work with. I feel like he suffers from us playing with more creative wide midfielders as it leaves us with a central midfielder who doesn't look to give Janssen throughballs to use.

Coco does that, but hasn't been played in that position at the same time that Janssen has been on the pitch.

So what are we talking here? Son left, lamela middle and eriksen right or someone else on the right? I have no issue with eriksen playing the modric role because the bloke can pick a pass as well as anyone. We could then play gkn on the right as a proper winger?

So what are we talking here? Son left, lamela middle and eriksen right or someone else on the right? I have no issue with eriksen playing the modric role because the bloke can pick a pass as well as anyone. We could then play gkn on the right as a proper winger?
Dembele, Alli (I know he has a rough time now, but have faith in him. But then again maybe a bit of bench time might do him good)? :dembelewtf:

I would rest Dembele in games where we have ball a lot so we can be creative, but for CL, big teams in PL we need Dembele the Beast that he is.

He only has one foot mate. I love him but I think the days of him improving on his weaker foot have long past. It's his biggest flaw and affects how he presses and tackles, as much as it affects how he plays with the ball. He rabonna's because he can only use one foot, nice way to get around his deficiency though.
To be fair, this season he has used his right foot much more this season. I have noticed that. He has taken a few shots with his right that have been decent too.
I think he has been working on it. He as a right foot otherwise you couldn't weight a perfect pass with it.
I believe it can be improved.
Micky Hazard was really left footed, that turn he used to do, but could pass with his right and a fair distance. Maybe not too much of a decent shot though if I remember right.

To be fair, this season he has used his right foot much more this season. I have noticed that. He has taken a few shots with his right that have been decent too.
I think he has been working on it. He as a right foot otherwise you couldn't weight a perfect pass with it.
I believe it can be improved.
Micky Hazard was really left footed, that turn he used to do, but could pass with his right and a fair distance. Maybe not too much of a decent shot though if I remember right.
To me It just seems it dictates his shape more than any player I have seen, the angle he presses at for instance and how he tackles, he is often rolled by a player turning him onto his weaker foot. It sounds like I'm moaning I'm not, I love the kid and been banging his drum as a fully fledge fan boy since he arrived here. You are right he has used his right but his one footedness appears to me to be very pronounced, exaggerated by how he shapes up. But I've fully accepted it, it certainly ain't a problem, just an observation.

To me It just seems it dictates his shape more than any player I have seen, the angle he presses at for instance and how he tackles, he is often rolled by a player turning him onto his weaker foot. It sounds like I'm moaning I'm not, I love the kid and been banging his drum as a fully fledge fan boy since he arrived here. You are right he has used his right but his one footedness appears to me to be very pronounced, exaggerated by how he shapes up. But I've fully accepted it, it certainly ain't a problem, just an observation.
Lamela still getting into those positions inside the box and not getting found too.
It's a shame he isn't naturally two footed. He would be so much more of a better player.

I was underwhelmed with his performance yesterday. Sure he got the assist, but he lost the ball a LOT. Passing accuracy is OK when's he's giving it to a team mate in space latterly or backwards, but there's a problem when he tries to thread through the incisive, attacking pass. Most of those type passes aren't really there and they end up going the other way.

You have upset him now, just before one of the biggest games of the season.
Bert2000_s.0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom