Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we 100% need 2 players who are good enough to play 1st team.

1 Striker who can play as a Lone Forward but also has the ability to play any of the attacking 3 positions. Basically an upgrade on N'Jie.
1) Lazcette 2) Batshuayi 3) Berehinio

A Central Midfielder who can play either of the deep Central Midfield Positions. That way we can rotate them with Dembele & Dier.
1) Schniederlin 2) Wittsell 3) Tielmans

If this is our squad going into next season I am confident we can challenge for the title again and compete in Europe and the Cups.

Lloris Vorm
Walker Trippier
Rose Davies
Alderwireld Vickers
Vertonghen Wimmer
Dier Tielmans
Dembele NB/RM/TC
Lamela Son
Alli AP/JO/HW
Eriksen Chadli
Kane Berehino

Dier can play RCB to avoid throwing Vickers in deep and Alli can come back to CM if you feel any of Bentaleb, Mason, Carroll are not up to it (my hope is Bentaleb gets back on track). One off Pritchard, Onomah or Winks should get an opportunity to prove themselves and it be great to see Onomah become the next break out player from the youth team.

If a top class winger becomes available like a Schurrle and the price is right you take him. Send one of the 3 AM's out on Loan or sell Chadli. If a good deal on a Right sided CB comes a long take him and send Vickers out. If you can find a better back up keeper to Lloris take him and sell Vorm. If a good deal for an experienced version of Dier who can play CB & DM take him and you look to cash out on 2/3 of Mason, Bentaleb or Carroll.

Given we hopefully should have CL football, much as I like Berahino I suspect we will be looking at targets like Batshuayi and Lacazette now.

Gomes got PSV to the QF.
[formation=4231, Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, BAE, Modric, Sandro, Lennon, Van Der Vaart, Piennar, Crouch][/formation]
Was the team for the final leg of that round, some pedigree in that....... saying that, they came up trumps against this
[formation=433, Abbiati, Nesta, Jankulovski, Silva, Abate, Flamini, Boeteng, Seedorf, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho][/formation]

Edit: Can't wait for more nights like that
_51605742_gallas_466x282getty.jpg
we were so lucky at home. not spursy at all that time. good times. i was just a kid at the time :(

Signed Berardi on Football Manager. Play him RM, he's certainly a talent. 6 goals and 7 assists in 17 games.

We were linked with him weren't we? Apparently a high asking few though.

Anyone who thinks one cm could replace either Dembele or dier is insane. They're two drastically different players. Schneiderlin could cover for dier but he wouldn't give us a quarter of what moussa does, meanwhile witsel would be a great alternative to moose but played beside him it's a scary prospect

Anyone who thinks one cm could replace either Dembele or dier is insane. They're two drastically different players. Schneiderlin could cover for dier but he wouldn't give us a quarter of what moussa does, meanwhile witsel would be a great alternative to moose but played beside him it's a scary prospect

We definitely need one CDM, whether it's to cover for the loss of Dier and maybe Dembele. I wouldn't be surprised if Pochettino recalls Ball from Rangers and gives him a go, he's had quite a good season in the Scottish Championship by all accounts. It would be another case of promoting from within, which the technical staff like to do. And no I am not an alt for SausageVince SausageVince I would like us to sign a quality CDM as well as try and develop another of our existing young players.

I am somewhat more updated on Spurs transfers then i am of EFC, for whatever reason.

West Ham are planning a massive spend on Michy to trump you all ends up. as in 30+million. Whereas you will more likely pay that for Lacazette and Umtiti.

Also little rumour around Liverpool that you have asked LFC for Benteke and Ibe. joint fee - don't know the truth, just pub chat

I am somewhat more updated on Spurs transfers then i am of EFC, for whatever reason.

West Ham are planning a massive spend on Michy to trump you all ends up. as in 30+million. Whereas you will more likely pay that for Lacazette and Umtiti.

Also little rumour around Liverpool that you have asked LFC for Benteke and Ibe. joint fee - don't know the truth, just pub chat
Bats is complete according to reliable ITK and the Benteke rumour is definitely not true, sounds like the Metro made that story up.

Not so sure about Benteke, he doesn't seem to press or track in the gegenpress that Klopp employs, he'll even less likely work in our system. Ibe would be more interesting though. Perhaps it more scouse talk as they want rid of Benteke.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Michy pitch up at the Spanners if they throw our hard earned tax money at him.

Not so sure about Benteke, he doesn't seem to press or track in the gegenpress that Klopp employs, he'll even less likely work in our system. Ibe would be more interesting though. Perhaps it more scouse talk as they want rid of Benteke.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Michy pitch up at the Spanners if they throw our hard earned tax money at him.

LFC fans want him to go to China, as with Balotelli. Ibe is interesting but i dont rate him that highly

And that is why they primarily spend their time on the bench and haven't come close to challenging our starters. That is what the players I've named can provide. Umtiti and Lacazette are already on our radar by all accounts.

Some of those players you've named were undoubted CL quality also, and certainly better than Carroll, Mason and Chadli.

You've named Robbie Keane?! One of our best ever strikers. Lennon and Benny as well were the nuts then.

If you're content to see Mason or Carroll come on in a CLQF then fair enough. I believe there are gettable upgrades out there.
We don't have many options on the bench and we need to improve there. Apart from Son, we have no one that can do much on the bench. Chadli might get the odd goal but he contributes little else.

did your ITK mention the west ham interest? seems they are rocking boats a bit.

thought Benteke might of been non starter. not what you need for Poch system anyway

It's all speculation although Batshuayi will probably want CL football, I think that's past West Ham now.

Schneiderlin primarily played in the role, Dembele has for us, under Poch at Soton. So why would you sign him to cover Dier?

Schneiderlin primarily played in the role, Dembele has for us, under Poch at Soton. So why would you sign him to cover Dier?

He played in that position, definitely not in that role. Schneiderlin isn't a great dribbler, he's not a good water carrier. Schneiderlin is more of a ball winner/passer than he is a ball carrier. Schneiderlin plays much more like Xabi Alonso, he's a very good defender as well as a good passer. He's much more similar to dier than he is Dembele in my opinion.

If we want someone to replace or be a back up for Dembele they need to be able to draw three or four players onto them before they release their pass or make their dribble.

Back
Top Bottom