Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clinton is Tottenham Hotspur player, I want him to do well. Can never understand our own supporters hoping that players fail. Not seen enough of him to make a decision either way, lets hope he gets important game time and is a contributor. If anything he offers another option to Kane, Son, Lamela and Chadli.

He's very raw and definitely a work in progress. At this stage we can hope he can make an impact off the bench and his pace and unpredictability will trouble tiring defences. Poch is good at improving players so in a few years time he could be a very good player.

His legs could come in very useful in the run in. Quick, direct...just what defenders don't want late in games towards the end of a season.

Performances like his cameo v. City at home would go down a treat.

'he's direct and runs at players' didn't lennon and townsend do this? Starting to remind me of Harry Redknapp rhetoric, go in and runnn around a bit and cause some 'trouble'. He hasn't had a consistent run and i am hoping he comes back quick and gives us an option in the run in

'he's direct and runs at players' didn't lennon and townsend do this?
No. They both ran at the corner flag and ran out of options. Both so one-footed it was scarily easy to predict where they were going.

N'Jie has not had a chance to prove he is different, but I personally think he will.

I agree with Maccer. Saw Clinton play against Monaco and he looked terrible to me.
Can't understand why we bought him. He's too lightweight.

Been thinking up songs on the way to Heathrow.

We've got N'Jie, Clinton N'Jie
I just don't think you understand
He's faster than Usain
He's gonna score again
Because he's the best striker in the Land*

*Apart from Kane :kanehand:

Has played 360 minutes of football for Tottenham and he's written off as crap. Good thing you're not in charge, I bet the likes of Kane and Lamela would be long gone

Just as well you didn't put money on that bet, you're wrong.

If N'Jie turns out to be decent, I will return to this thread and say I was wrong.

Of course I won't expect the same honesty from those that disagree, forums don't work like that do they?

Just as well you didn't put money on that bet, you're wrong.

If N'Jie turns out to be decent, I will return to this thread and say I was wrong.

Of course I won't expect the same honesty from those that disagree, forums don't work like that do they?
He's right though. Clinton simply hasn't played enough to be declared crap. It's fact. I remember how many fans wanted rid of Bale because we never won for ages when he played, and that was after much more game time. Same with the players already name checked. It's just silly to write him off at the moment when he's been injured. Clearly we saw something in him when scouting him. He needs the benefit of the doubt. Same with Son.

Last edited:
From the little I've seen of him, which is every Spurs game he's played he looks pretty poor to me.

You can't learn touch and he seems to have very little of that. He may have got a bit more time and room in France and maybe this helped him. But even the clubs president we bought him from expressed amazement we bought him for so much money and questioned had we bought the right player. From what I've seen I agree with him.

Time will tell but I'm pretty certain he won't be making the grade in this league for us or for anyone.

Happy to be proved wrong and will come back on here for a prolonged period of self-flagellation if I am.

I suspect my whip will be staying in it's draw though.

In regard to this of course.

From the little I've seen of him, which is every Spurs game he's played he looks pretty poor to me.

You can't learn touch and he seems to have very little of that. He may have got a bit more time and room in France and maybe this helped him. But even the clubs president we bought him from expressed amazement we bought him for so much money and questioned had we bought the right player. From what I've seen I agree with him.

Time will tell but I'm pretty certain he won't be making the grade in this league for us or for anyone.

Happy to be proved wrong and will come back on here for a prolonged period of self-flagellation if I am.

I suspect my whip will be staying in it's draw though.

In regard to this of course.
He looked good against City and will probably excel in games where we play on the counter - I'd imagine if he'd have had the opportunity to start against lower league opposition, like Chadli and Son have we'd have a proper indication how good he is.

Back
Top Bottom