Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The N'Jie effect:
13 games involved in.
TOTAL: 6 wins (46%) 5 draws (38%) 2 loss (14%)
In those games - Spurs scored 24 goals, conceded 11 goals - so a GD of +13 (Better than teams ≤5-20th)

In the Europa League
5 games W3 (60%) D1(20%) L1 (20%)
Goals scored 10 (2 per game)
Goals conceded 5 (1 per game)
GD = +5

To put into perspective a +5 GD, if that form is maintained in the Premier league you'd have a GD of +38

'We've got N'Jie, Clinton N'Jie' - stick that in your pipe Woolwich and West Ham fans.

The N'Jie effect:
13 games involved in.
TOTAL: 6 wins (46%) 5 draws (38%) 2 loss (14%)
In those games - Spurs scored 24 goals, conceded 11 goals - so a GD of +13 (Better than teams ≤5-20th)

In the Europa League
5 games W3 (60%) D1(20%) L1 (20%)
Goals scored 10 (2 per game)
Goals conceded 5 (1 per game)
GD = +5

To put into perspective a +5 GD, if that form is maintained in the Premier league you'd have a GD of +38

'We've got N'Jie, Clinton N'Jie' - stick that in your pipe Woolwich and West Ham fans.
funny-statistics.jpg

Fucking yes. He could we be our ace-in-the-hole for the run in if he can get fit quickly enough.

Offers a key rotation option for Kane (or indeed to bring Kane off earlier in a match) while also being fast as fuck. Really liked the look of him before his injury.

Admittedly, knee injuries are tough going, but fingers crossed he comes back well.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of N'jie. He looks like an intelligent player in the sense that he makes the right decisions. I'm not that worried about his touch as it's something that can be worked on. I'd be much more nervous if he was an unintelligent player with a good touch

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing more of N'jie. He looked like an intelligent player in the sense that he makes the right decisions. I'm not that worried about his touch as it's something that can be worked on. I'd be much more nervous if he was an unintelligent player with a good touch
or another transfer lister

I'm looking forward to seeing more of N'jie. He looks like an intelligent player in the sense that he makes the right decisions. I'm not that worried about his touch as it's something that can be worked on. I'd be much more nervous if he was an unintelligent player with a good touch
Completely agree, we bought him because we have done our scouting and believe we can improve his technique, he has a footballing brain and is naturally fast as fuck.

Will be an important player for us in the run in.

problem with clinton is that how often do we play football that involves getting the striker in behind and through on goal. Especially at home where our own management and players have admitted that the dimensions of the pitch make it easier for teams to defend without allowing space behind the back four.

He seemed very raw when he was playing and, whilst i'm not saying he won't ever be a great player for us, to expect him to come back and make a massive difference with less than 9 games to go is wildly optimistic in my eyes.

Before he got injured his main problem seemed to be coming to grips with how fast English fullbacks push up on him, he could barely get turned towards goal when he got the ball.

He is quick as hell, so he will be alright eventually. Don't consider him a centre forward though.

problem with clinton is that how often do we play football that involves getting the striker in behind and through on goal. Especially at home where our own management and players have admitted that the dimensions of the pitch make it easier for teams to defend without allowing space behind the back four.

He seemed very raw when he was playing and, whilst i'm not saying he won't ever be a great player for us, to expect him to come back and make a massive difference with less than 9 games to go is wildly optimistic in my eyes.
This is a very accurate and true assessment of him. I really think he may struggle with us and the way we play. His first touch is not very good and that isn't his game to be fair to him. The way we are dominating possession in our opponents half, we need quick passing and clever movement to break teams down. It's clear he has a lot of raw ability and natural gifts but I really don't see him playing much of a part in the run in. Happy to be proved wrong though.

He's an excellent option in the final 15-20 minutes of a tight game when you need pace and a break away goal. Hope he's back In and around the team sooner rather than later.

In my opinion the jury is still out. Not seen enough to suggest he will be a starter in the premiership this season but he still has time to prove he is worth starting. Otherwise he will continue as a sub.

Back
Top Bottom