Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal.com Transfer Talk : Llorente ready for Spurs move
1554492_thumb.jpg

Fernando Llorente is ready to accept an offer from Tottenham and move to the Premier League. The Juventus forward is the subject of a £10 (€14) million bid from the north Londoners as they look to bolster their attack.
Source: Tuttosport
Thursday, July 9, 2015
He may be ready to accept, but I really hope we're not actually bidding.

If I am correctly reading between the lines (speculation) then Llorente and an other in to replace Ade and Robby. No problems with Llorente in the rotation / back up role and a younger faster guy to keep Harry on his toes / back up.

All the positives emerging from the club makes me worry there is some bad news around the corner .
I really have fingers crossed on the Hugo front.

Did you actually watch any Bilbao games back then, or are you just assuming stuff? Because there's a major flaw in your logic! Yes, he's a student of some of Bielsa's thinking. That doesn't mean, they approach everything the same way. For instance, Bielsa played two wingers as opposed to Poch's preference for inverted wide players. For me at least that makes a huge difference when talking about a target man striker....
yh and our full backs are the ones who provide the width. my point was more for his understanding of a pressing game

All the positives emerging from the club makes me worry there is some bad news around the corner .
I really have fingers crossed on the Hugo front.
Indeed, we've been burned enough times to never fully get excited...

Though at the moment, any shit heading our way looks more like it'd be Sod's law more than anything else. We're hardly spending excessively (or have been linked to any GKs) in a way that would indicate Hugo is definitely going.

Last edited:
yh and our full backs are the ones who provide the width. my point was more for his understanding of a pressing game

I like Walker & Rose offensively, but comparing them to actually playing wingers :dembelewtf:

I'd like our new strikers to fit into to the system both in terms of scoring goals and the pressing game. Asking too much? If an understanding of our pressing game, and not getting into scoring positions, is the criteria here, we're fine. In fact, we should be giving Soldado a new contract with a huge raise to keep him around:soldadolol:

Reckon now we have throne the NFL / new stadium about it might have an impact on attracting players?

Short answer no. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, with some youngsters, if they've got good advisors. A manager willing to give youth a fair shot at the first team, a new state-of-art training facility and the two things you mention indicating a club on the rise might be able to sway it our way for some big talents. But players looking to win trophies now, no way.

I like Walker & Rose offensively, but comparing them to actually playing wingers :dembelewtf:

I'd like our new strikers to fit into to the system both in terms of scoring goals and the pressing game. Asking too much? If an understanding of our pressing game, and not getting into scoring positions, is the criteria here, we're fine. In fact, we should be giving Soldado a new contract with a huge raise to keep him around:soldadolol:
i didnt compare them to actually being wingers.alot of our chances are still created from wide areas was my point. llorente has played the pressing game and scored goals soldado hasn't ur sarcastic comment is irrelevent compairing him to soldado there completely different.

Yorkshire_Spurs Yorkshire_Spurs As an aside to my previous post, it's interesting to see which of our players are getting excited about the stadium plans.

Bentaleb responds with:

Whereas Eriksen gives a far more general 'that looks great' statement about it. Almost like a player who sees themselves at Barcelona by then.

Nah I think that's genuine from Eriksen, he's come out previously and said he loves playing for Tottenham, probably just their different characters showing, I have no doubts that both of them see themselves at WHL (or whatever the new stadium is called) for the foreseeable future.

These cunts are gonna prove me wrong now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom