Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that player is likely to be both much younger, and easier to find than many think.
Nestle-pulls-Kit-Kat-Pedo-Bear-image-from-Facebook.png

That doesn't make him worthwhile, it just means he isn't completely incompetent. That's not the threshold we're working under here.

Can we find someone better than Llorente for this team, as a third striker, for less money, who would score more? I think so. I think that player is likely to be both much younger, and easier to find than many think.

I'll go out on a limp and suggest someone, I'm pretty sure hasn't been mentioned, even though I'm likely to get slaughtered.

How about Michu? I know taking on a Swansea reject is way, way, way, way of what should be on our radar. I never understood how his form dropped so badly. I was pretty much as impressed by his movements off the ball, as I've been with anyone outside the very top teams, and I've got a definite feeling that he would be a hit feeding off our AMs. I'm thinking as a third choice more than immidiate back-up to Kane, to be clear, but still......

Flame away :walkercry:

I'll go out on a limp and suggest someone, I'm pretty sure hasn't been mentioned, even though I'm likely to get slaughtered.

How about Michu? I know taking on a Swansea reject is way, way, way, way of what should be on our radar. I never understood how his form dropped so badly. I was pretty much as impressed by his movements off the ball, as I've been with anyone outside the very top teams, and I've got a definite feeling that he would be a hit feeding off our AMs. I'm thinking as a third choice more than immidiate back-up to Kane, to be clear, but still......

One season wonder, and injury prone I believe.

Too old, too injured, not actually a striker I think sums him up right now.

Mick Who ???

I haven't looked at how much each is being shopped for but can we afford 2 of the 3 out of Austin, Berahino, and Llorente? I think all of those would be content to come off the bench on reasonable wages at Spurs and I would be happy with 2 of them competing with each other for the second spot. In reality, I expect that come September we will have signed 2 forwards that aren't even among these 3 or on anyone's radar. Alternatively, I would be happy with anyone who can play wide and thus increase their utility across multiple competitions, i.e. Jay Rodriguez before the injury.

That doesn't make him worthwhile, it just means he isn't completely incompetent. That's not the threshold we're working under here.

Can we find someone better than Llorente for this team, as a third striker, for less money, who would score more? I think so. I think that player is likely to be both much younger, and easier to find than many think.
possibly, i too would prefer if it were someone younger. in all honesty i dont really think this will happen anyway but if it were i think it would be a smart move

who would u prefer to be coming as back up/competition for kane instead who would cost less and score more?

possibly, i too would prefer if it were someone younger. in all honesty i dont really think this will happen anyway but if it were i think it would be a smart move

who would u prefer to be coming as back up/competition for kane instead who would cost less and score more?

Why in the world would we want someone who costs less and scores more? That would be insanity! Insanity, I tells ya :adewtf: Wait.......what???? :chadliwtf:

Timo Werner for one. Ciro Immobile comes to mind as a possibility too, since apparently Dortmund aren't completely in love with him. I like Berahino too, but he definitely costs more. Callum Wilson is another one I'd look at as a third striker. Definitely cheap, and no worries about age or acclimatising to the playing conditions.

Goal.com Transfer Talk : Llorente ready for Spurs move
1554492_thumb.jpg

Fernando Llorente is ready to accept an offer from Tottenham and move to the Premier League. The Juventus forward is the subject of a £10 (€14) million bid from the north Londoners as they look to bolster their attack.
Source: Tuttosport
Thursday, July 9, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom