Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagrees on my post... I do wish to point out that I don't want Eriksen to leave us for pastures new. There's a difference between thinking something won't happen and not wanting it to happen.

Seeing Bentaleb's tweet filled me with a lot of optimism to be honest.
:bentalebscream:

i didnt compare them to actually being wingers.alot of our chances are still created from wide areas was my point. llorente has played the pressing game and scored goals soldado hasn't ur sarcastic comment is irrelevent compairing him to soldado there completely different.

Stop making blatantly wrong statements to fit the square peg that is Llrorente into the round hole that is Poch's style, and I'll stop being sarcastic.

I don't know your definition of " a lot", but last season we had the 3rd most possession in the PL, ie. the third most time on the ball to whip in crosses. Yet we had the only the tied 12th most (or tied 7th least) crosses per game. Further we had 6th most short passes, and tied 14th most (or tied 6th least) long passes.

Our whole game plan is not set up to work it wide for crosses. In fact, Poch main mantra is looking for the incisive vertical pass, rather than the horizontal one.

Spurs media team have their passwords.

And in any case, half this squad wont be here by the time the new stadium opens. Not being negative, just a fact of football unfortunately.

Stop making blatantly wrong statements to fit the square peg that is Llrorente into the round hole that is Poch's style, and I'll stop being sarcastic.

I don't know your definition of " a lot", but last season we had the 3rd most possession in the PL, ie. the third most time on the ball to whip in crosses. Yet we had the only the tied 12th most (or tied 7th least) crosses per game. Further we had 6th most short passes, and tied 14th most (or tied 6th least) long passes.

Our whole game plan is not set up to work it wide for crosses. In fact, Poch main mantra is looking for the incisive vertical pass, rather than the horizontal one.
True but if I am right Llorente is reasonable technically adept so should be versitile enough to work in the existing system and offer a tweak and will be a rotational option or impact sub. Perhaps plan B might become a reality.

Nnnnnnnnzzzzooooonnnnnzzzziiii
Heard on the radio this afternoon; Sevilla have put have a €30million release clause in his contract. Just let that sink in for a minute. THIRTY MILLION EUROS. 3.0.

Obe0ooA.jpg

Timo Werner for one. Ciro Immobile comes to mind as a possibility too, since apparently Dortmund aren't completely in love with him. I like Berahino too, but he definitely costs more. Callum Wilson is another one I'd look at as a third striker. Definitely cheap, and no worries about age or acclimatising to the playing conditi

i know under poch we look for more vertical passes but we still create about 30% of our chances from wide areas which is decent enough and llorente is pretty decent on the deck to sit there and say he is a square peg in a round whole is crap. hes an alternative, something bit different to what we have and afterall if were linked to him poch obviously thinks he can offer something in his round hole your the only square peg around here mate

True but if I am right Llorente is reasonable technically adept so should be versitile enough to work in the existing system and offer a tweak and will be a rotational option or impact sub. Perhaps plan B might become a reality.

Work yes, excel no. But that's just my opinion. I'm not trying to be a cunt here - on purpose anyway - and I respect that reasoning more so than wing play. Like I said in another post, if Poch thinks, he can make Llorente (or any other big striker work), then in Poch I trust. I just highly doubt that's the case.

If we're looking to bring in a 30 year-old striker, it should be someone who fits like a glove (Tevez comes to mind as someone missed). Otherwise I'd much prefer someone in their early twenties, who can develop into the kind of player to take us to the next, rather than a stopgap that might work.

i know under poch we look for more vertical passes but we still create about 30% of our chances from wide areas which is decent enough and llorente is pretty decent on the deck to sit there and say he is a square peg in a round whole is crap. hes an alternative, something bit different to what we have and afterall if were linked to him poch obviously thinks he can offer something in his round hole your the only square peg around here mate

I'll go ahead and assume that your 30% is valid. I'll still prefer someone with their best skills in areas needed for the method by which, we create 70% of our chances, but hey I'm strange and square like that.....

If Poch thinks, everyone of the, I don't know how many hundreds, players we've been linked with has something to offer, then I'm all of a sudden worried about his judgement! Not everyone linked is someone the manager actually wants. Is this your first transfer window?

Work yes, excel no. But that's just my opinion. I'm not trying to be a cunt here - on purpose anyway - and I respect that reasoning more so than wing play. Like I said in another post, if Poch thinks, he can make Llorente (or any other big striker work), then in Poch I trust. I just highly doubt that's the case.

If we're looking to bring in a 30 year-old striker, it should be someone who fits like a glove (Tevez comes to mind as someone missed). Otherwise I'd much prefer someone in their early twenties, who can develop into the kind of player to take us to the next, rather than a stopgap that might work.

Don't get me wrong I get the point but if as one third of our stricking options (black box signing to come...) we could do a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom