Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Podolski and Shaquiri for example would have been an immense improvement on Chdli and or left side in general. Both went to a inferior league / club in January while all the ENIC appologists were shouting how we couldn't sign anyone in January and more worryingly - didn't need anyone.

When Pochettino arrived at the club last summer, these were the players he identified as shit put them for sell;
Andros Townsend, Aaron Lennon, Roberto Soldado, Nacer Chadli, Sandro, Etienne Capoue, Mousa Dembele, Michael Dawson, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Kyle Naughton and Vlad Chiriches
http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/13/totte...transfer-offers-for-these-11-players-4830746/

Now I could understand why he'd even put the likes of Dembele, Townsend & Chadli for sale because he knew back then they were shit and still does.

From that list 6 players still at the club but if you include Walker, Kaboul, Fazio, Paulinho, Stambouli and Adebarndoor then you have 12 fucking players that must be offloaded within the next 2/3 transfer windows.

Levy call a meeting get Baldini, Mitchell and Poch in a room get the fucxing mess sorted.
We have big issues to realise with the Stadium build.
Competing for top of the league is a must.
Must be sold -
1. Paulinho
2. Adebayor
3. Capoue
4. Kaboul
5. Chiriches

Extras to sold/released -
6. Carroll
7. Dembele
8. Cellabos
9. Friedel
other releases - Hall, Khumalo

Priority purchases -
1. Quality striker backup to Kane
2. Quality CM who would force Bentaleb/Mason to fight for a starting spot
3. Quality CB to be third choice forcing Fazio to improve
4. Winger who would push Chadli to the subs bench

Promotions from loans/academy - (i would use thee guys in EL, cups loaned out in Jan if possible)
5. Pritchard
6. McGee
7. Veljkovic
8. Ward
9. Onomah

Schalke CEO just said that 18 mil is the buyout clause for höwedes. He didn't really want to answer the question about a possible transfer to tottenham.

We also need a REAL winger. Not Chadli, not Townsend, not Lamela and especially not Eriksen. Somebody who has pace, can get a good cross in, and beats his opponent on a 1 vs 1. We have none of that. Left footed for the left position, and right footed for the right wing, none of that inverted winger bullshit. Bolasie/Shaqiri/Salah/Moses/Depay/Narsingh/Brahimi... just somebody with skill and speed.

We
Levy call a meeting get Baldini, Mitchell and Poch in a room get the fucxing mess sorted.
We have big issues to realise with the Stadium build.
Competing for top of the league is a must.
Must be sold -
1. Paulinho
2. Adebayor
3. Capoue
4. Kaboul
5. Chiriches

Extras to sold/released -
6. Carroll
7. Dembele
8. Cellabos
9. Friedel
other releases - Hall, Khumalo

Priority purchases -

Promotions from loans/academy - (i would use thee guys in EL, cups loaned out in Jan if possible)
5. Pritchard
6. McGee
7. Veljkovic
8. Ward
9. Onomah
We all agree with that but we all know it aint going to happen .

One massive issue I have with all the suggestions here is the back-up transfer!! You never should buy players who are going to be backups to the team. You buy players to improve your first team so that the current first team get pushed below and it is now upto them to improve to gain their starting spot. That way the overall quality of the squad improves. How many times will we keep making this mistake?

Aw, Harry Kane, he is the saviour of English football! He is unshakeable in the team. Don't we dare buy a striker better than him!

The bonus of our players getting better should be the challenge to find the next transfer to get even better! If we are looking to improve our striker situation (which is pretty shit thanks to Ade and Soldado), we are not doing ourselves any favours by signing Danny Ings just so he won't complain being backup to Harry.

As a logical thinking football fan with a normal amount of common sense, I can clearly see that we need to sign two strikers for this team. One striker should be better than Kane (even marginally is good) and one young striker with potential so that he can reach the Kane stage in 3-4 years as the third option for the starting slot. But that course of action might actually improve the fucking team and make us perhaps challenge for trophies, so NO! ENIC will never do that!

Don't hide behind the "There are no better strikers within our reach and so ENIC are doing their best" excuse. This mistake has been done several times in the past. When Ade was doing well in his first season, we got fucking Saha who is no way near the first teamer who he should have been better than. When our defence was struggling due to injuries despite the talent of Gallas and King, we bought fucking Nelsen as an option. Do you really believe a club as big as us can't find transfers better than that when we were flying in the league?

That January transfer window was the death bell to our status as a threat. ENIC failed in that transfer window and it has been downhill ever since! And unless they own up to it and admit they did a mistake, they will not be able to improve us as a club.

We also need a REAL winger. Not Chadli, not Townsend, not Lamela and especially not Eriksen. Somebody who has pace, can get a good cross in, and beats his opponent on a 1 vs 1. We have none of that. Left footed for the left position, and right footed for the right wing, none of that inverted winger bullshit. Bolasie/Shaqiri/Salah/Moses/Depay/Narsingh/Brahimi... just somebody with skill and speed.

No.

We need 2.

Not only is the squad a mess, but like so many said last summer, the club in itself is also huge mess. A mere rewamp of the squad isn't enough, we need to work on it from the inside. I guess that's why we've seen more signings of staff than players.

This summer has to predominantly be about getting rid of the crud that Poch doesn't want. And then giving him a reasonable amount of freedom to get in those that he does.

What we don't need is levy spending all summer haggling over unrealistic sale prices for players while saying we have to sell before we can buy.

Probably wishful thinking that the latter won't happen!

Mussachio snapped his leg today, awful injury. Can't see him going anywhere this summer.

277CBDD400000578-3035766-As_he_closes_in_on_the_ball_and_the_sliding_opponent_his_right_f-a-8_1428845232203.jpg

I'd rather keep Ade than Soldado. He may have the wrong attitude and isn't a consistent performer, but Bobby is sadly just a no-hoper. He's had the time and the starts to prove himself, but it's just not happening. When he got subbed on the the cup final I knew the game was over for us. Add to that the difficulty of getting anyone to take Ade off us with the wages he's on, and I feel we're better keeping him as our back-up striker. Who'd you rather keep?

As for a third striker, with Ings and Austin I think our chances of signing either depend on whether they personally value playing for a big club over being guaranteed starters.

I had the same thought yesterday.

Priority purchases -

Partially agree but not with your priority ranking.
In my eyes the quality CM ist absolute top priority because that's the weak point and thus the reason for our instability in defence. In my eyes we need rather two than one new player there (Moutinho and Medel would be my preferred targets for a new CM but unfortunately not realistic :( )
Second priority has to be the man for the wings because right now we have exactly zero constantly good playing wingers. Optimally a player to add both creativity and speed to our midfield. We have been linked with Rafa Silva of Braga lately who is a quite Hazard-like type of player. Yannick Ferreira Carrasco might be worth a look too.
Striker at priority rank 3 and CB at 4.

Partially agree but not with your priority ranking.
In my eyes the quality CM ist absolute top priority because that's the weak point and thus the reason for our instability in defence. In my eyes we need rather two than one new player there (Moutinho and Medel would be my preferred targets for a new CM but unfortunately not realistic :( )
Second priority has to be the man for the wings because right now we have exactly zero constantly good playing wingers. Optimally a player to add both creativity and speed to our midfield. We have been linked with Rafa Silva of Braga lately who is a quite Hazard-like type of player. Yannick Ferreira Carrasco might be worth a look too.
Striker at priority rank 3 and CB at 4.
Yep agree our CM despite Bentaleb/Mason doing well, we are still too weak. I want some more power. Happy to go with your preferncing.
Lets get the trfs done right and quickly.

Well it has already been said we will not be spending big on players this summer and to say players like Capoue ade and Kabul need to be sold is easy we all know that they cannot even make the bench but they are on a big fat contract and u not heard any of them come out and moan shows what they are like.it will be up coming young English players that come in or players that are proven in the English league for a small fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom