Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is quite beautiful though.

Where is that from please?
images

Just a little shout to people who don't like argument, if there was none, what would this place be like?

"yeah he's great, yes he is, I think so too, me as well, I agree etc.... Nobody wants that, surely?

image.png
Jayc1 Jayc1 BentalebWho BentalebWho Do you two come separately? You should let us know. The disagree twins, but you never know why. Click click.
Jeez. No doubt I'll get a load of badly spelled abuse from J&B. keep it up kids. The ball went that way - woof woof. Wankers - and I'm so right about that. Smelly teenagers that don't wash. "Oh no, what a terrible thing to say, we're really clever, We made you look stupid". Fuck off you horrible cunts. Shit sad.

Last edited:
Jeez. No doubt I'll get a load of badly spelled abuse from J&B. keep it up kids. The ball went that way - woof woof. Wankers - and I'm so right about that. Smelly teenagers that don't wash. "Oh no, what a terrible thing to say, we're really clever, We made you look stupid". Fuck off you horrible cunts. Shit sad.
image.png
Same over here unfortunately[/QUOTE]

image.png
Same over here unfortunately

Thank you for backing us up Yac..basically proved we have no "motive" behind our "disagrees" we simply just share similar views on a lot of topics.

image.png
Jayc1 Jayc1 BentalebWho BentalebWho Do you two come separately? You should let us know. The disagree twins, but you never know why. Click click. Wankers.

I clicked disagree, you replied and me and BentalebWho BentalebWho both rated it funny. You got two disagrees and two funnys, what harm is done? You come back a day later after seemingly putting it to bed and slag us off?

I thought you wanted to agree to disagree anyway.

Story of your life Jospeh, right there. No surprise it was 1 AM and you were most likely drunk, again. Stop fishing for a fight.

image.png
Same over here unfortunately

Don't even start. You go through every single post I make to neg it for no reason and you're then fucking whinging when someone negs you back. A clear troll who contributes absolutely nothing.

2vwe3o4.png

Last edited:
You think Im out of touch yet you dont know the last time I was at a game, or how often Im in England around Spurs fans among my friends and family.

See Joe, I might type a lot on a forum, but I live my actual life in the real world. I dont need to prove anything to anyone...I dont need to say Ive been here, or Im going there. This isnt The Cubs, or show and tell to me.

I share my experiences with real people. This is a bit of fun, and a place to chew some fat, be a prick, have a bit of a laugh and basically chat shit. It means nothing at the end of the day.

And play the Woolwich hate card too hard? Nah, I cant play it hard enough...like I said, if people are ok with them, thats their problem, not mine.

Jennings was one of our greatest players. The only problem is, he is also one of theirs.

Turn a blind eye to that if you want....I really dont give a fuck. I thought you wanted to agree to disagree anyway.
Hang on. You have a go at Joe Clash Joe Clash for making assumptions about your actual life and yet your whole argument against Pat Jennings is based on assumptions that you made. You don't know what the offers were like from ManU, Villa or Ipswich ... they could have been half his wages and a spot on the bench for all you know right? If his only real offer was from Woolwich, why should he put the feelings of fans over providing for his family?

Oh and before you go on about how his wages were 99 times the average wage at the time, he had a limited time left to play in his career. Sure, it turned out to be longer then average but at 32yo he couldn't have been thinking about which club he was going to play the next 8 years at. Most likely (an assumption, I know), he would have been thinking about one contract and then seeing how things went from there.

I've always been amazed at the fan reaction to contract decisions that players make. Do you honestly think Bale was looking at his Real Madrid contract and weighing up whether 300k a week is worth the flack he might get on the Spurs message boards from sammyspurs sammyspurs , Joe Clash Joe Clash or Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante ?

Last edited:
I clicked disagree, you replied and me and BentalebWho BentalebWho both rated it funny. You got two disagrees and two funnys, what harm is done? You come back a day later after seemingly putting it to bed and slag us off?

Story of your life Jospeh, right there. No surprise it was 1 AM and you were most likely drunk, again. Stop fishing for a fight.

Don't even start. You go through every single post I make to neg it for no reason and you're then fucking whinging when someone negs you back. A clear troll who contributes absolutely nothing.

2vwe3o4.png
Jesus fucking christ. I didn't even know this guy was involved in the negging. Left me well and truly alone.

Hang on. You have a go at Joe Clash for making assumptions about your actual life and yet your whole argument against Pat Jennings is based on assumptions that you made.

Nope. Its not an assumption that he was wanted at Villa, Utd and Ipswich, its a fact.

You don't know what the offers were like from ManU, Villa or Ipswich ... they could have been half his wages and a spot on the bench for all you know right?

Maybe. Or maybe we can assume that he would have been paid on average, what the average top footballer was paid at the time. That makes sense to me.

If his only real offer was from Woolwich, why should he put the feelings of fans over providing for his family?

So....while telling me I have no idea what the Utd offers were, you talk about the only "real offer" coming from Woolwich.
What is your assumption based on...the assumption that had he joined Utd, Villa or Ipswich, his family would have suffered, and if he joined Woolwich, they would have been fine? Ive said above, my assumption is a logical one, based on what footballers were paid at the time.

So again...what is your assumption based on, other than denial because you like him.

Oh and before you go on about how his wages were 99 times the average wage at the time, he had a limited time left to play in his career.

Yet you dont know what the offers were. He might have been on less at Woolwich, but didnt fancy travelling or moving house so took it. I think thats possible, because I base my assumption on that whereever he went, he would have been paid 4-5 times the average wage anyway.....as thats what top footballers were paid at the time.

Sure, it turned out to be longer then average but at 32yo he couldn't have been thinking about which club he was going to play the next 8 years at. Most likely (an assumption, I know), he would have been thinking about one contract and then seeing how things went from there.

As I said, many, many times....I believe he would have been offered a decent contract at the other clubs too.
You know why I believe that? I base it on the average wage top footballers were offered at the time. He was a 32 year old keeper.
If people are going to slate Spurs for thinking he was at the end of his career, it makes no sense to then start agreeing that 32 was old for a keeper and Jennings also thought his career was coming to an end.

The whole point was that Jennings hadnt even peaked yet, and was forced out. He said himself that his best years were at age 36/37....yes, while a gooner. Legend.

I've always been amazed at the fan reaction to contract decisions that players make. Do you honestly think Bale was looking at his Real Madrid contract and weighing up whether 300k a week is worth the flack he might get on the Spurs message

Of course Bale didnt give a fuck about us. Which is why Im happy to call him a lying cunt while others hero worship him. Its really hilarious that you have just talked yourself into a position where you will look very silly if you were to slate Sol Campbell for what he did...I mean...do you think he gives a shit what you thought of his move? So by your own argument, that makes it ok to you.

Go ahead...if Eriksen joins Woolwich you can all pat him on the back too, I couldnt give a fuck.

Hang on. You have a go at Joe Clash Joe Clash for making assumptions about your actual life and yet your whole argument against Pat Jennings is based on assumptions that you made. You don't know what the offers were like from ManU, Villa or Ipswich ... they could have been half his wages and a spot on the bench for all you know right? If his only real offer was from Woolwich, why should he put the feelings of fans over providing for his family?

Oh and before you go on about how his wages were 99 times the average wage at the time, he had a limited time left to play in his career. Sure, it turned out to be longer then average but at 32yo he couldn't have been thinking about which club he was going to play the next 8 years at. Most likely (an assumption, I know), he would have been thinking about one contract and then seeing how things went from there.

I've always been amazed at the fan reaction to contract decisions that players make. Do you honestly think Bale was looking at his Real Madrid contract and weighing up whether 300k a week is worth the flack he might get on the Spurs message boards from sammyspurs sammyspurs , Joe Clash Joe Clash or Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante ?
Yet people hate on Bale for doing it and still support Jennings...what?

Nope. Its not an assumption that he was wanted at Villa, Utd and Ipswich, its a fact.

Maybe. Or maybe we can assume that he would have been paid on average, what the average top footballer was paid at the time. That makes sense to me.

So....while telling me I have no idea what the Utd offers were, you talk about the only "real offer" coming from Woolwich.
What is your assumption based on...the assumption that had he joined Utd, Villa or Ipswich, his family would have suffered, and if he joined Woolwich, they would have been fine? Ive said above, my assumption is a logical one, based on what footballers were paid at the time.

So again...what is your assumption based on, other than denial because you like him.

Yet you dont know what the offers were. He might have been on less at Woolwich, but didnt fancy travelling or moving house so took it. I think thats possible, because I base my assumption on that whereever he went, he would have been paid 4-5 times the average wage anyway.....as thats what top footballers were paid at the time.

As I said, many, many times....I believe he would have been offered a decent contract at the other clubs too.
You know why I believe that? I base it on the average wage top footballers were offered at the time. He was a 32 year old keeper.
If people are going to slate Spurs for thinking he was at the end of his career, it makes no sense to then start agreeing that 32 was old for a keeper and Jennings also thought his career was coming to an end.

The whole point was that Jennings hadnt even peaked yet, and was forced out. He said himself that his best years were at age 36/37....yes, while a gooner. Legend.

Of course Bale didnt give a fuck about us. Which is why Im happy to call him a lying cunt while others hero worship him. Its really hilarious that you have just talked yourself into a position where you will look very silly if you were to slate Sol Campbell for what he did...I mean...do you think he gives a shit what you thought of his move? So by your own argument, that makes it ok to you.

Go ahead...if Eriksen joins Woolwich you can all pat him on the back too, I couldnt give a fuck.

Just got in ahead of me..what a poor argument..

Yet people hate on Bale for doing it and still support Jennings...what?

People seem to think there has to be some intellect behind my animosity.

There is none. Its stupid. It goes no deeper than, he left Spurs to join Woolwich.

Thats it, and for me, thats enough. If people dont get that, I find it pretty odd. Its one thing to forgive him and put it behind you....but quite another to claim what he did was ok.

All this talk defending Jennings due to money....

If you were offered the chance to support Woolwich, to wear their shirt and sing their songs and you'd be paid to do it, would you?

Almost every person on this board just said no, irrespective of their circumstances. Jennings said yes.

You can dress it up however you like, with laughable statements about money and being worried for his long term future, the reality is he wanted to fuck over Tottenham and did it in the best way possible. Even if the stories over money were the case, he's then chosen money over his club which is just as bad.

Back
Top Bottom