Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's another one who is weighed down by his price tag. Had he been signed for £10m, he wouldn't have so much expectation from the fans I don't think.

He's been OK this season, not great. I can't say we need to see more from him as his game time is limited. I can only assume from recent squads that his attitude has changed in training and he is working his bollocks off to get into the team.

We should appreciate we have the quality of someone like him to come off the bench. A few years ago it was Acimovic!

He's another one who is weighed down by his price tag. Had he been signed for £10m, he wouldn't have so much expectation from the fans I don't think.

He's been OK this season, not great. I can't say we need to see more from him as his game time is limited. I can only assume from recent squads that his attitude has changed in training and he is working his bollocks off to get into the team.

We should appreciate we have the quality of someone like him to come off the bench. A few years ago it was Acimovic!
I don't think its anything to do with the price tag. More the fact everyone and their nan told us he was the brazillian lampard, a fantastic player and signing, and had been great in that tournament the summer before.
Yet since he's arrived, he's been mostly shit. We could have signed him for 1 million and it wouldn't be any different, except people would be adding "..but luckily he only cost a million" to the end of all the "paulinho's been shit" posts and tweets.

I don't think its anything to do with the price tag. More the fact everyone and their nan told us he was the brazillian lampard, a fantastic player and signing, and had been great in that tournament the summer before.
Yet since he's arrived, he's been mostly shit. We could have signed him for 1 million and it wouldn't be any different, except people would be adding "..but luckily he only cost a million" to the end of all the "paulinho's been shit" posts and tweets.
I don't see him as a hard worker, so it'll be interesting to see how he progresses under Poch. As I say, I'd be surprised if he hasn't been working his arse off in order to get the chances he's had recently. I suspect Poch aint the kinda guy to pick players purely due to number of games.

He'd rather field a hungry youngster than a lazy senior player.

Be great if we could get more from him.

a few? Acimovic signed for us almost 13 years ago now lol. i had totally forgotten about him until i read your post.

We have the EL game in Italy 3 days before the League Cup Final and I am not confident in a lot of our squad players like Paulinho to do a job. The midfield seemed to fail when he came on.

I have seen enough of him, lazy Capoue, Bobby, Ade and Kaboul to know we cannot trust them, Chirches is a hit or miss depending on the day, we really need to keep our first 14-15 players in top condition.

I am still hoping (not much hope) that we will sell a few, buy one or two players and pull one or two of our talented young players in and therefore have better covering options.

Things went downhill when he came in. Dembele was forced off through injury though, saves face for Pochettino.

Genuinely one of the worst players I've seen to where a Spurs shirt. We have had some cloggers too, but at least they might have tried hard if they were technically lacking. So the combination of a player that is technically shit and doesn't graft is the lowest of the low. I would rather we played with 10 men.

Genuinely one of the worst players I've seen to where a Spurs shirt. We have had some cloggers too, but at least they might have tried hard if they were technically lacking. So the combination of a player that is technically shit and doesn't graft is the lowest of the low. I would rather we played with 10 men.

I think I remember him pressing and harrying a little last night, which was a first.
When he came on it must have felt like the dippers felt on Tuesday when Balotelli came on.
Compare Mason's attitude and fight to his. Ship him out.

I think I remember him pressing and harrying a little last night, which was a first.
When he came on it must have felt like the dippers felt on Tuesday when Balotelli came on.

It's not just effort he is not as lazy as Etienne Capoue, he just doesn't have a football brain, always in the wrong position all the time.

A midfielder doesn't always have to be a great tackler but he does need to know how to hold shape, Shepard danger away from goal and track runners, Paulinho seems to behave as if this is a new concept most of the time yet it is an ability lower league players have. The team shape seemed to disappear when he came on.

Last edited:
IMO he can't do that well. When he attempts to close a player down he runs at the player at the wrong angle, he doesn't block off a pass, so the player he is closing down just passes it straight past him. 101 of football, how to close a player down, it's the first thing you learn because it requires no skill.

Back
Top Bottom