Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMO he can't do that well. When he attempts to close a player down he runs at the player at the wrong angle, he doesn't block off a pass, so the player he is closing down just passes it straight past him. 101 of football, how to close a player down, it's the first thing you learn because it requires no skill.

It was incredible to watch last night, my mate laughs that he is a better footballer than Paulinho, he is certainly a more intelligent one, god knows how he gets in the Brazil team.

There was this kid who used to play football for my team when I was about 14 years old who was quick but brain dead, when we were attacking he would run back to our goal, when we were defending he would go forward, my dad used to joke that he needed him on remote control, he reminds me of Paulinho.

Paulinho chickened out of a tackle towards the end last night - one which wasn't even that vicious. It was completely unforgivable. Fair enough if you're having a bad day and for whatever reason passes, touch etc are not quite working out. But you put a shift in and you battle for your team and the club. If Lamela - lighter and less physical - can do it then Paulinho fucking can.

I think his days are numbered at Spurs . He's just not making the grade. It's a shame because we all had high hopes for him. But it seems more & more obvious that we bought a dud.
He's not the only one I expect a massive clear out this summer. Paulinho, Soldado, Ade, Capoue all not good enough by some stretch. What a shame we wasted that Bale money I would add Lamela to the list but he has time on his side

He's not the only one I expect a massive clear out this summer. Paulinho, Soldado, Ade, Capoue all not good enough by some stretch. What a shame we wasted that Bale money I would add Lamela to the list but he has time on his side

I see good things in much of Lamela's game but still needs to improve his decision making. Is he worth 30 mil, no but I wouldn't label him under the deadwood either.

Paulinho chickened out of a tackle towards the end last night - one which wasn't even that vicious. It was completely unforgivable. Fair enough if you're having a bad day and for whatever reason passes, touch etc are not quite working out. But you put a shift in and you battle for your team and the club. If Lamela - lighter and less physical - can do it then Paulinho fucking can.

Mate, this is the guy that was fucking terrified of the ball during a freekick. He's the most cowardly player I've ever seen, not only does he pussy out of every tackle but he tends to raise his foot high and endanger others too.

Just to ask, what did he do to deserve those 3 points? I think you're being kind. He was the worst player on the pitch, and we were against a league one side...

Maybe your right but he did make one or two nice passes and er...........

I didn't think he played that badly to be honest. He clearly isn't in our best team, but today he put in a shift. Won the ball back a fair bit and got involved when we had the ball, I'm not a fan of his at all but today he wasn't bad.

He wasn't shite today but he wasn't good. His passing was sideways with no real going forward and his defencive work was minimal. And that was probably his best game in a year, it's not something personal against him I just can't see him living up to his potential in England.

I didn't think he played that badly to be honest. He clearly isn't in our best team, but today he put in a shift. Won the ball back a fair bit and got involved when we had the ball, I'm not a fan of his at all but today he wasn't bad.
He gave the ball away constantly, got bullied on the ball and let berahino run straight through the defence so many times.

Back
Top Bottom