Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

B8sZIHoCMAAL1Om.png

:pochsmirk:

Thought he was poor first half. Improved in the second.

Needs to start being more adventurous with his passing and also start tracking runners. He's quite poor defensively at times.

The thing I don't understand is he finally gets a start and a fairly free role you would think he would try and make something happen but he just passed the ball back to our cbs all day bizarre really

He doesn't have the confidence to do anything else. When you think you're a shit player, you tend not to try to push yourself because you can look a bit of a dick if it doesn't come off.

Near the end of the game Paulinho had a shot which went miles wide and high and Poch clapped him for it. Just trying to get his confidence up, he's performing way below his potential, which in itself is already quite low.

We were pretty awesome today and Paulinho was anonymous at best says it all really

except he led the team in tackles :paulinhobored:

he also seen more of the ball than anyone else on the pitch and had the second best pass completion rate

I'd say he did a pretty good job at helping dictate the tempo and showed that he can actually tackle

I was worried when I saw he was playing deeper beside Mason but he was solid enough and showed some bottle out there today

definite signs of improvement imo

Last edited:

Means absolutely nothing without context; if Rose made 1 off the line tackle he's statistically done shit, but in reality done great. There's an interesting article here (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9417963/the-science-of-scouting-defenders) about how stats can lead you to believe the wrong thing, which is why it's always ridiculous when someone rolls out a number as an argument.

Even putting aside how useless a number is without context, he had a free roll today and a lot of the tackles made were because of this. The opposition players were stopped by someone pressing them, turned around to get out of trouble and ran into Pauli. Credit for him making a 2 v 1 situation, but the numbers flatter.

Means absolutely nothing without context; if Rose made 1 off the line tackle he's statistically done shit, but in reality done great. There's an interesting article here (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9417963/the-science-of-scouting-defenders) about how stats can lead you to believe the wrong thing, which is why it's always ridiculous when someone rolls out a number as an argument.

Even putting aside how useless a number is without context, he had a free roll today and a lot of the tackles made were because of this. The opposition players were stopped by someone pressing them, turned around to get out of trouble and ran into Pauli. Credit for him making a 2 v 1 situation, but the numbers flatter.

fack off you smarmy two faced cunt :avbfu:

fack off you smarmy two faced cunt :avbfu:

Two faced? Just hear to discuss my perceived reality of a situation. Not here to make bum chums and 'football fwends'.

I like how your original post has gained an extra 6 lines :dawsonlol:

He wasn't bad today, nor was he as great as any stat might suggest. We bought him as a goal scoring central midfielder who was dangerous. His pass rate or tackle rate are largely irrelevant to his role.

How many shots did he have today? How many on target? How many assists? His impact on the game was minimal, which isn't bad or great. Agree he's improving bit by bit though.

People seriously under estimate what low confidence can do to a player. From having a poor first touch, to being afraid to take risks passing, to avoiding getting out of position to get on the ball, poor shooting etc.

Paulinho is technically at the very least a decent player. He's not shit at all. With a good run there's not reason why Poch can't make him competent.

he also seen more of the ball than anyone else on the pitch and had the second best pass completion rate

I'd say he did a pretty good job at helping dictate the tempo and showed that he can actually tackle

I was worried when I saw he was playing deeper beside Mason but he was solid enough and showed some bottle out there today

definite signs of improvement imo
Personally I don't think he had anything to do with our tempo I honestly can't remember him Making a vital pass or tackle he was basically a passenger not saying he was shit but as per usual he was virtually anonymous

saw paulinho make at least three decent tackles in the second half. thought it was one of the best halves he's played for us.
And yet, it was still nothing special. I hardly noticed he was playing in the second half. When one of your best halves in a spurs shirt was still just ok then you know you've got a poor player.

Missed the game today and watched a replay of it. Read through the match thread before watching the game and saw people saying Paulinho was good and I don't really agree. I guess I only noticed him doing bad things a few times which is a decent game for Paulinho tbf.

Personally I don't think he had anything to do with our tempo I honestly can't remember him Making a vital pass or tackle he was basically a passenger not saying he was shit but as per usual he was virtually anonymous

vital passes have very little to do with setting the tempo as we move up the pitch

And yet, it was still nothing special. I hardly noticed he was playing in the second half. When one of your best halves in a spurs shirt was still just ok then you know you've got a poor player.

saying you barely noticed he was playing or the like says ALOT more about you than it does about his performance :kaneshh:

Back
Top Bottom