Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do end up seeing JR, MS in The Lilywhite then I think we could well see 1, 2 even 3 of our current squad going in the opposite direction. We balance the books, wages etc. Soton get instant (not necessarily like for like) replacements, which go's part way in appeasing their fans.

If so, realistically who?
Imo Holtby/Carroll and Dembele

From the Guardian. Wilfried Boney could end up in Spurs next season for roughly £15M
Yay or Nay??

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/30/football-transfer-rumours-wilfried-bony-tottenham
Bloody hell if Levy gets Bony for 15 mill and Schneiderlin for 13 mill... That would just be :levywtf:

On a serious note though it would put the mass Levy haters onto his side for a bit which would be great. Then if Poch managed to beat West Ham well... For once we'd have everyone on the same side again! :levylol:

Bloody hell if Levy gets Bony for 15 mill and Schneiderlin for 13 mill... That would just be :levywtf:

On a serious note though it would put the mass Levy haters onto his side for a bit which would be great. Then if Poch managed to beat West Ham well... For once we'd have everyone on the same side again! :levylol:
Word!

Has anyone mentioned above the thought of Holtby going back with Schalke after the friendly? I'm just wondering as the ball continues to roll with these rumours people will have to make room for Schneiderlin, could see a Bentaleb loan to Saints maybe?
Who do you think will be leaving if it does happen?

Er, except for how he specifically gave a timeline for keeping them that leaves room to sell them this summer without contradicting himself. They've already stated that they can "build forward" by using money from a transfer.
It's carefully designed to look like it's unequivocal while still being deniable if he later goes against the clear intent of the statement.
Trust me on this -- I used to work in PR. This is how it's done.
Er, well I don't trust you on this, and don't get me started on the nonsense that is much PR :)
The words I quoted are entirely unequivocal, and people who can read can easily see it, despite whatever spin (and don't get me started on that either:)) any PR people want to put on it. If either are now sold he's gone back on his statement and many/most Saints fans will see it like that, so will much/most of the media and the PR boys will be pissing in the wind, not for the first time :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom