Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
My one overriding concern is that should neither player be signed, do we have a legitimate back up plan? Do the players who's positions were clearly being marked as 'up for grabs' now consider themselves surplus to requirements regardless of if they are bought or not? And have we shown our hand financially to other clubs?

I hope these are the two bought in but worry who will, if they aren't.
That's what worries me, if this one runs and runs will we take our eye off the ball and any other relevant cliche then we could miss out elsewhere.

Lennon can shit over American teams. So can soldado. Lennon isnt another player under poch. The players he was playing against were other players.

Top 4? Not so much. I've said it many times. I hope poch does not get mugged by Lennon in preseason.

In fact lennons first game he was pretty shit. IMO a lot of fans are kneejerking over recent involvements with goals. Something that was a rarity in the prem.
If Poch is getting mugged then after a prem game or 2 he'll realise the truth, it's not like he'll be obliged to make Lennon a regular starter. Not like there's not enough competition for Lennon either.
At the moment Lennon is doing what is asked of him very well. If he stops then he'll be dropped.

It gets more ridiculous by the day.

Especially with Chelsea refusing to print Lukaku or Courtois on kits at the club shop...are you kidding me, mourinho is full on retard.
images

I don't think Southampton has a choice other than to sell MS. Keeping around an unhappy player doesn't help the team rebuild. Also, his stock will probably never be higher so now is the time to take the money and run. The only way they keep him is if they do so on the principal of "we said he's not for sale and we're keeping to it"

I feel like I must be missing something for not wanting either of these two.

What's really annoying is that we don't even seem to be in the running for Lukaku. Even at £30m I'd say he's good - 21 years old and dominant in the prem.

I also hold out a pipe dream that we'll try for Isco...or Depay or Draxler (altho i suspect there's crack in that pipe)

Everton actually getting Lukaku? Lots of clubs doing good business this summer.

Lukaku is a very good player, but the reason for not getting him is rather simple: he doesn't defend. Poch and his previous players have said on many occasions that the striker is often the one who "triggers the full press," so if we have a player who doesn't even defend from the position, it's less likely they'll be adaptable to Poch's high press tactics. Bony conversely, does defend quite a bit, which to me explains our interest if it's true.

IMO though, I don't think there's any truth to us actively pursuing a striker at this point. I don't think we'll be selling Ade or Soldado this window unless someone in Spain became desperate and is talking of anteing up, but I don't think it likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom