Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been nothing concrete on Sandro bar the usual media re-hashing of old stories from what I've seen so far

With all due respect, you also completely ignore ITK and rumblings from other boards. That's fine and I don't blame you, but I can assure you I'm not basing my speculation on this matter from the Daily Mail, which reported Holtby was set to move to Villa last week along with Daws.

Why are linked with this overpriced average player anyway?

Both Capoue and Sandro are better options, imv and on our books already - why waste fees, agents' commission, etc. to bring a player who doesn't improve us in the slightest in a position we're well covered. Make no sense.

Fuck this Saints bullshit media wank-off reacharound and the dog-tired Poch connection!

No - we don't want your average players!
I see no problem with trying to get players that Pochettino knows, trusts and wants to continue working with.

Yes - nowhere near Sandro at his best, imv

But wait - he played for Poch so he must be good and Saints players are hip this summer
Sandro isn't anywhere near Sandro at his best.

Why wouldn't you want a player who has performed under Pochettino already? and yes, anyone who thinks Schneiderlin is a good player must be brainwashed by the hype.

I see no problem with trying to get players that Pochettino knows, trusts and wants to continue working with.

Agreed, and especially considering Schneiderlin himself said it took about six months before the players felt they had fully implemented Poch's strategies. Having at least one of the Saints players could theoretically shorten that transition period significantly, and as much as I'm not a keen fan having two in the form of both a CM as well as a forward would furthermore cut this time period down in having instructional assistance more tailored to each set of positions.

With all due respect, you also completely ignore ITK and rumblings from other boards. That's fine and I don't blame you, but I can assure you I'm not basing my speculation on this matter from the Daily Mail, which reported Holtby was set to move to Villa last week along with Daws.
There is no such thing as ITK - the 'true' ITKs are may be 3-4 bits of info on a once-off basis during the window and often never come again. The self-proclaimed pree-teen cunts who spout bullshit every day (even though they've been proven wrong every window) have no clue, trust me mate.

I want to see Paulinho play under Poch's system to get a better idea of what I'm about to say is true. That being said, for all of the shit I give Paulinho, after watching our North American Tour it seems as if he could actually do well in this manner of squad. He would make sense as a sub for Schneiderlin. That doesn't mean I'm not still extremely wary of the guy, but interested to see how Poch integrates his style into the system.

EDIT: Meant to quote cahspur cahspur when he was talking about players that could be leaving.

Does he improve us over Capoue and Sandro?
If that's Pochettino's view after working a season with Schneiderlin and seeing Sandro and Capoue in training then I think that's part of his job to try and get him on board. All hypothetical at this point of course! Personally I think Schneiderlin has more aspects to his game than the two you're mentioning, but that's not relevant really.

There is no such thing as ITK - the 'true' ITKs are may be 3-4 bits of info on a once-off basis during the window and often never come again. The self-proclaimed pree-teen cunts who spout bullshit every day (even though they've been proven wrong every window) have no clue, trust me mate.

As I've always said, you can practically ignore when one ITKer says one thing about one person. Entirely useless. But when there's quite a few pointing in a direction, and signs elsewhere indicating along that same direction, it's worth taking notice and applying context. It makes sense to at least consider the possibility within context than simply insisting it's all entirely wrong altogether. There is a sensible middle ground between believing every word of ITK and not believing a word of it.

I know you want Sandro to stay, ideally I do too if there was a hint we could keep him fit. But in this situation, he's probably the single-most heavily evidenced player to be leaving this summer. If I'm wrong, by all means feel free to dog my shit over it. But unless something changes or we see otherwise, I think he's on the out.

Who do you think we're replacing with Schneiderlin?

If that's Pochettino's view after working a season with Schneiderlin and seeing Sandro and Capoue in training then I think that's part of his job to try and get him on board. All hypothetical at this point of course! Personally I think Schneiderlin has more aspects to his game than the two you're mentioning, but that's not relevant really.

There is absolutely more to all of this than meets the eye. It could be that Poch is worried about Sandro's fitness, it could be that Sandro has shown an unwillingness to conform to Poch's style, etc. We all know that Schneiderlin performed the way he needed to perform under Poch, and none of us have seen Sandro play for him (yet). For me that goes a long way.

Also, being surrounded by players that are better than you on a daily basis almost always makes said player better.

I want to see Paulinho play under Poch's system to get a better idea of what I'm about to say is true. That being said, for all of the shit I give Paulinho, after watching our North American Tour it seems as if he could actually do well in this manner of squad. He would make sense as a sub for Schneiderlin. That doesn't mean I'm not still extremely wary of the guy, but interested to see how Poch integrates his style into the system.

EDIT: Meant to quote cahspur cahspur when he was talking about players that could be leaving.

Yeah I'm with ya on this man. I'm intrigued to see how it will work, but interestingly enough it does seem Poch has very much preferred a vertical passer from deep. Paulinho has an excellent gift in his ability to find space in the box which would wreck havoc in a box with the rotation of the forwards, but unless he significantly adds a more forward-thinking and transitional element to his game he's going to be left behind. Looking forward to seeing if Poch can drag that change out of him.

Personally don't believe he will though as it's too much of a change, as he'd be quite literally changing the guy's game a full fuggin 90 degrees. But we'll see.

Every time I clicked on Twitter something interesting seems to have just happened...

Also to the fuckers saying welcome to Spurs/Liverpool/Woolwich,
fuck-fuck-off-funny-gif-hangover-Favim.com-368894.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom