Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneiderlin is far better than Sandro. The latter is put on a ridiculous pedestal by Spurs fans, he is nowhere near as good as a lot of us think he is. Schneiderlin can tackle just as well as Sandro, his distribution and ball retention is far superior and he is much more likely to create a chance than "Beast" (cringe). He would be a superb signing for anything between £12 million and £20 million.

:adesalute:

MDA95OA.gif

:pochsmirk:

Last edited:
iv been confused about this transfer this morning if it happens, its great that were signing him but i would have preferred other areas to be strengthened.

Poch played Schneiderlin alongside a def/holding player most of last season in wanyama until injured and then it was cook. if he adopts the same here that would mean the Schneider playing alongside a capoue/sandro but leave Paulinho/Dembele/Bentalab/Carroll/ even Holtby all down the pecking order. on the assumption of the 4-2-3-1

unless dembele can move to the LF position i can see him leaving and Paulinho wont be happy sitting on the bench every week.

Schneiderlin is far better than Sandro. The latter is put on a ridiculous pedestal by Spurs fans, he is nowhere near as good as a lot of us think he is. Schneiderlin can tackle just as well as Sandro, his distribution and ball retention is far superior and he is much more likely to create a chance than "Beast" (cringe). He would be a superb signing for anything between £12 million and £20 million.

Sandro's level of play took a dip when he returned from that injury. Prior to that he was genuinely that brilliant. The season he paired with Dembele most games they were an amazing pair.
He never really got back into the swing of things. However he is still one of the best DM's in the PL.

Morgan definitely has more going forward, but I don't think comparing last year's stats tells the wholes tory nor gives Sandro the credit he actually deserves.

I don't particularly think Sandro is fit for this system, but don't discount his talent level. I think he's around am 18m dollar player, at least I don't believe Levy would sell him for much less. It's also likely should he move to Italy, that he will be dominant in that league, especially for a team like Napoli.

Yeah, he's a good player but you know what - I didn't exactly hear people lauding him throughout last year as some kind of ubertalent. If you went purely on the hype generated by the player sales in the closed season then you'd think Southampton massively underperformed considering they have players in Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Shaw, Lambert, Schneiderlin and Rodriguez that apparently are going to enhance the clubs who finished significantly above them (hell, even we got 13 points more) and decent other players in the shape of Wanyama, Gaston Ramirez, Dani Osvaldo and Nathaniel Clyne.

So if these players are apparently so good, we've ended up with a manager that failed to gel them into a title winning team! Oh, the horror!

Schneiderlin might well be a very very good player, but he's been at Southampton since he was 18 and he's what... 25 now? Hardly erupting onto the scene, but it's undeniable that his performances for the last two seasons suggest he's really improved both the defensive and offensive sides of his game. Would I like him at the club? Sure. Would I like to see us pay a significant premium at the cost of turfing out proven top-class performers like Dembele, Sandro or Capoue? Hell no.

iv been confused about this transfer this morning if it happens, its great that were signing him but i would have preferred other areas to be strengthened.

Poch played Schneiderlin alongside a def/holding player most of last season in wanyama until injured and then it was cook. if he adopts the same here that would mean the Schneider playing alongside a capoue/sandro but leave Paulinho/Dembele/Bentalab/Carroll/ even Holtby all down the pecking order. on the assumption of the 4-2-3-1

unless dembele can move to the LF position i can see him leaving and Paulinho wont be happy sitting on the bench every week.

I think it's rather apparent by this purchase that at least one of those is on the out. I think it's Sandro given all the links, and also as you say if he's set to play him alongside the CDM then he's pushing a massive number of players back in the pecking order.

I think it's rather apparent by this purchase that at least one of those is on the out. I think it's Sandro given all the links, and also as you say if he's set to play him alongside the CDM then he's pushing a massive number of players back in the pecking order.

I hope we would move one of our regular CMs, because Schneiderlin doubles as a DLP and CDM. Put him next to Sandro/Capoue and that gives us very strong cover for our back 4 against tougher teams.

I hope we would move one of our regular CMs, because Schneiderlin doubles as a DLP and CDM. Put him next to Sandro/Capoue and that gives us very strong cover for our back 4 against tougher teams.

It's true, he does double. I do think we'll see that at times with him alongside the CDM. But I don't think it's the primary intent for bringing him in unless we're planning on selling two (including one of the CMs), which is certainly possible.

My guess is Sandro is headed out, and possibly Dembele.

It's true, he does double. I do think we'll see that at times with him alongside the CDM. But I don't think it's the primary intent for bringing him in unless we're planning on selling two (including one of the CMs), which is certainly possible.

My guess is Sandro is headed out, and possibly Dembele.

It's tough to think he who would be on the outs.... The most obvious answers are Holtby and Sandro because i think we'd ask too much for Paulinho and Dembele. I would rather keep Mason over Carroll right now. Signing Rodriguez and Schneiderlin should set off some selling.

Why are linked with this overpriced average player anyway?

Both Capoue and Sandro are better options, imv and on our books already - why waste fees, agents' commission, etc. to bring a player who doesn't improve us in the slightest in a position we're well covered. Make no sense.

Fuck this Saints bullshit media wank-off reacharound and the dog-tired Poch connection!

No - we don't want your average players!

It's tough to think he who would be on the outs.... The most obvious answers are Holtby and Sandro because i think we'd ask too much for Paulinho and Dembele. I would rather keep Mason over Carroll right now. Signing Rodriguez and Schneiderlin should set off some selling.

I don't think we'd ask too much for Dembele considering his hip issues, which is why my guess is him on the out. I would prefer Paulinho to be the one departing, but I don't think it'll be the case unless someone antes up big.

Also really don't think Holtby's going anywhere, and the media links are nothing but a perpetuation of the old links from when Holtby was seen as Eriksen's backup and I've no doubt they may have heard rumblings of interest from other clubs. It seems to me Poch quite likes the kid, and comments from the player's agent seem to also imply this (an agent wouldn't be suggesting stability if there was even a chance he could find a move).

Both Capoue and Sandro are better options, imv and on our books already - why waste fees, agents' commission, etc. to bring a player who doesn't improve us in the slightest in a position we're well covered. Make no sense.

Fuck this Saints bullshit media wank-off reacharound and the dog-tired Poch connection!

If this is true, and I'm not saying it isn't, has the thought Sandro may want out not occurred to you? Why must we assume we're pushing out a player who was once so great and so beloved by the fans, to bring in such an average player, and especially along with all those fees you mention?

"average" :pochserious:

Also really don't think Holtby's going anywhere, and the media links are nothing but a perpetuation of the old links from when Holtby was seen as Eriksen's backup and I've no doubt they may have heard rumblings of interest from other clubs.
With all due respect - you've used the exact same 'links' to determine Sandro is on his way out

I don't think we'd ask too much for Dembele considering his hip issues, which is why my guess is him on the out. I would prefer Paulinho to be the one departing, but I don't think it'll be the case unless someone antes up big.

Also really don't think Holtby's going anywhere, and the media links are nothing but a perpetuation of the old links from when Holtby was seen as Eriksen's backup and I've no doubt they may have heard rumblings of interest from other clubs. It seems to me Poch quite likes the kid, and comments from the player's agent seem to also imply this (an agent wouldn't be suggesting stability if there was even a chance he could find a move).

Totally agree. Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom