Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quick return and reply! FUCK OFF Sherwood and Take Ferdinand, Ramsey, Lennon, Kaboul, Dawson, Rose, Siggy, Kane, Townsend, Chadli, Paulinho and your neanderthal football, 3 fucking decades old attitude with you! PRICK!

Read the actual quotes, not the sensationalist headlines/reporters interpretation of them

What really annoys me is that the second he moves to some spanish team we will see the real Paulinho, fucking show pony, type of player who does well when the going is good but fucks off when its not great. Bentaleb, Eriksen, Ade, Loris, even Naughton have all all least tried their best even if in Naughton's case thats not great.

I suppose as much as I have a go at Levy he is very good at getting good transfer value, see what we can get for Soldado, Paulinho, Demebele, Dawson, lennon, Kaboul and so on. Bet its going to be more buys and sells come transfer window, dread to think how many this time.

Classic spursy purchase, soft bellied inconsistent zero determination. The likes of utd and Liverpool before them and George graham at the scum always saw how weak many of our players were, no fight in them. Paulihno is classic - a Brazilian dumutrescu, a Brazilian acimovic, a Brazilian ballbag. What happened to the player we saw against Stoke? A 90min cameo in a season of shite. I suspect after he got clattered by Adam he thought he better ease off in order to make the World Cup. Not much help to us though.

There's a danger that individual players are blamed for this season. It's a club-wide collective failure.

People who've seen Paulinho on repeat viewings prior to joining Spurs rate him. I wouldn't blame anyone for failing to settle in this mess. Be disappointed if we get rid of any of the 7 in the summer.

Still trying to figure out what attribute Paulinho possesses that he is really good at.

A bit telling

When he actually plays he has some attributes that very few midfielders have. I haven't seen a midfielder in a Spurs shirt arrive into the box at the correct time as much as Paulinho does for a long time. Played in the correct system, Paulinho will get any team a good goal return from midfield. Unfortunately, his shooting is woeful and it looks like he will waste as many as he scores - but that's something he can improve on. He has also showed glimpses of ball control and first-time passing that very few of our other players posses, but obviously this has been very limited.

The downside is, he has also showed that he is quite a serious bottler of challenges so you can't give him too much defensive responsibility. He has also shown very little in the way of creating chances, so playing him further forward is also a struggle.

He is a bit of a conundrum, but I think a motivated Paulinho in a system that suits would be a very dangerous player. I'm just not sure if the motivation or system for him is going to be at Spurs.

To make it in the Prem you have to be physical or skilled, he's a little bit of both but ultimately he's neither. Doesn't have Sandro or Dembele physicality and doesn't make up for it with skill. He was said to be a Lampard type player but he hits the goal about 1 and 10 times.

Lampard had the same problems Paulinho has in not being a dynamic physical presence and creative force but he bagged 15+ plus goals every year and at least showed a healthy determination despite his physical limitations.

I don't expect Paulinho to be Lampard but showing that he gives a shit and not shanking 95% of his shots would be a start.

Back
Top Bottom