Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sherwood:

Sherwood insisted: “I’ve said it previously - I pick players on what they are doing in training, not on reputations and price-tags. I can’t be worrying if the Brazil national manager wants him to play every week. I am going to do what is best for Tottenham, not any national manager.”

Sounds like AVB.

To make it in the Prem you have to be physical or skilled, he's a little bit of both but ultimately he's neither. Doesn't have Sandro or Dembele physicality and doesn't make up for it with skill. He was said to be a Lampard type player but he hits the goal about 1 and 10 times.

Lampard had the same problems Paulinho has in not being a dynamic physical presence and creative force but he bagged 15+ plus goals every year and at least showed a healthy determination despite his physical limitations.

I don't expect Paulinho to be Lampard but showing that he gives a shit and not shanking 95% of his shots would be a start.

You remember the stick Lampard got at West Ham?

Obviously at different stages or their development, but the leap to write our own players off is all a bit sad.

Sherwood:

Sherwood insisted: “I’ve said it previously - I pick players on what they are doing in training, not on reputations and price-tags. I can’t be worrying if the Brazil national manager wants him to play every week. I am going to do what is best for Tottenham, not any national manager.”
Disaster, really - fucking wow! Damage might be irreparable in the summer, boys - prepare for the worst

Fucking idiot

He's perfectly correct of course, but nevertheless it seems that Sherwood missed one crucial aspect of learning to hack it in the big league. Someone should have taught him his cliches...

Sherwood:

Sounds like AVB.

How anybody can argue with what Tim has said there is beyond me.

There is no other way to put it. Paulinho is shite.

I'm not having the 'he's shit', he wouldn't be a starter for Brazil otherwise. After the world cup we'll see in pre-season whether he is up for it. He'd get into my first team purely on that flick against Stoke when he played a blinder. Let us just compare his performances this season to Lennon's, different positions, but Lennon's have been 3 times as bad. The guy has scored 6 goals, that is more than any of our midfielders other than Eriksen.

I'd start him consistently so he can build up confidence.

Lloris

Walker - Kaboul - Chiriches - Vertonghen (fuck him, Rose is bad enough for me to risk pissing Jan off)

Sandro - Paulinho

Dembele - Eriksen - Lamela

Adebayor​

He's been surrounded by shite. Put a solid shape and lineup and give him a dedicated role and he can shine IMO. He's been running around like a headless chicken. You can't have a box to box midfielder and have wingbacks next to him leaving us wide open at the back. We have no shape, no direction and gameplan.

I think we drop our Brazilians at our peril.

Disaster, really - fucking wow! Damage might be irreparable in the summer, boys - prepare for the worst

Fucking idiot

The exact thing happened to Lamela under AVB. It resulted in none of our players with proven ability to learn to gel etc. Same thing with Capoue and Vlad. Our top talent rotted because a manager thinks he is a weasley Christina Gross, ve must vork harder.

I'm not Harrys biggest fan, but at least he said that he can spot when players are conning him by hitting stats like miles run etc, to actual graft. There is no finesse to Sherwood. Ledders career would have been cut by 3 years with blanket statements like that. Stupid dumb animal. Fucking blunt object. Lets hope Fryers isnt spotted doing an extra mile on the elliptical eh?

I'm not having the 'he's shit', he wouldn't be a starter for Brazil otherwise. After the world cup we'll see in pre-season whether he is up for it. He'd get into my first team purely on that flick against Stoke when he played a blinder. Let us just compare his performances this season to Lennon's, different positions, but Lennon's have been 3 times as bad. The guy has scored 6 goals, that is more than any of our midfielders other than Eriksen.

I'd start him consistently so he can build up confidence.

Lloris

Walker - Kaboul - Chiriches - Vertonghen (fuck him, Rose is bad enough for me to risk pissing Jan off)

Sandro - Paulinho

Dembele - Eriksen - Lamela

Adebayor​

Spot on. We have 6 games to play most of our signings, drop previous seasons loanees and failures like Lennon. Vert on the left is a good shout too. He wont be happy, but when is he? haha Perhaps he will be with the world cup on the horizon and that is his spot.

The funny thing is, even though it would be like a pre-preseason gel type of thing, they still cant possible do any worse than our current wing play debacle. Then put out the same beautiful bastards in preseason. Lets get a team, lets get them clicking.

The crazy thing is, Paulinho has score 11 in all comps this season, including Brazil.

6 goals in a squad coached by managers who have yet to make full use of the talent he brings from midfield (hell, the talent ANYONE brings from midfield)

I'm tellin ya, with the right coach in there this guy would be scoring bucketloads

Im quite convinced if we sell him this summer it will be no time at all before people lament him as 'the one that got away'.

Im quite convinced if we sell him this summer it will be no time at all before people lament him as 'the one that got away'.

Yep. He has been mismanaged. And to compound it, players around him are also being mismanaged (Naughton played on the left, Eriksen on the wing, Lamela on the wing, Dembele as a DM etc) so that impacts everyone around them. The biggest victims of this IMO is Soldado and Lamela.

Read was this guy says, all this guy talks about is Brazillian players, all of them. This is what he has to say on Paulinho's quality. He appears impartial as well:

I think a lot of our signings like lamela and paulinho have been blown away at the pace and physicality of the prem, this is not uncommon among foreign players it could be two or three years before we see the best of them if they stay. I could live with soldado and chadli leaving but chirches, lamela, paulinho, eriksen and capoue I really hope stay.

How anyone could even begin to assess the quality of our first team under Sherwood is a mystery, the whole season has been a bust but lately not one player has been at a level where we could see a future brightly.

The only exceptions to this are Eriksen (as taking direct free-kicks is, thankfully, nothing to do with his tactics) and Bentaleb, who is showing something other than technical skill in which we can see what he's capable of.

If the manager changes to someone decent in the summer, all the players will look like new - guaranteed. Paulinho is most definitely one of those.

Technically, he's responsible for the one moment which (arguably) led to AVB leaving. Depending on how much you like AVB and Suarez, he might win some brownie points for that?

article-2524046-1A20009800000578-862_634x459.jpg

A family member works at the golf club where Sir Les is a member and has said that Les is normally very quiet when it comes to talking about Spurs but the other day when they got chatting, he was very forthcoming about Paulinho and his attitude.

He said that a couple of days before the Benfica game, he came into training and was claiming that he had an eye infection and as such couldn't train, he was told he couldn't leave so he had to train in some capacity, he begrudgingly did, the next day he said the infection had spread to both eyes but was still made to train. Whilst training he hit the ground theatrically and feigned injury, before realising he hadn't been touched. Next time he was actually tackled he did the same things and sulked out of training.

Take from that what you will.

A family member works at the golf club where Sir Les is a member and has said that Les is normally very quiet when it comes to talking about Spurs but the other day when they got chatting, he was very forthcoming about Paulinho and his attitude.

He said that a couple of days before the Benfica game, he came into training and was claiming that he had an eye infection and as such couldn't train, he was told he couldn't leave so he had to train in some capacity, he begrudgingly did, the next day he said the infection had spread to both eyes but was still made to train. Whilst training he hit the ground theatrically and feigned injury, before realising he hadn't been touched. Next time he was actually tackled he did the same things and sulked out of training.

Bit of a shame if that's how it went down. Read some long interview about Paulinho's struggles in his life and the nasty racism etc he suffered abroad, had the idea he came out a warrior but this sounds weak as fuck.

He signed with the promise that he would be playing with Bale and was unhappy AVB (who one of the few people who can communicate with him in his native tongue) was fired. Not to mention he (along with Capoue) have fired back at Sherwood's borderline xenophobic jibes And continual criticism of players.Vertonghen looks miserable and the guy who actually gave a fuck on the pitch (Holtby) was shown the door. A weasel like les ferdinand who can't even teach our players to shoot a ball or take a corner would love to cover his tracks.I Don't buy your rumours

I'd sooner take from that that Les is as deluded and full of shit as Sherwood.

If only someone could provide any idea as to how the two least Spurs-like prats from one of our worse PL squads came to manage to work their way in charge I'd intrigued to know.

On the basis that it is true, there's irony...Grown man with a whole career behind him reveals inside information from the club that discredits one of our key players, whilst suggesting he's not professional. Hmm...

In reality though, which would concern you more about this story:

a) That a player suggested he was having difficulty with his vision and was told to get on with it anyway without, seemingly, being checked over.
b) That a seven-figure finite asset seemed to complaining of different injuries and at no point is there mention of any of the medical team intervening.

Giving the benefit of the doubt to your relative, I'd say that Mr Les Ferdinand -just like his twat of a cousin, is chatting shit.

242.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom