Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm just a simple old man and don't really know as much about this football thing as a lot of you learned contributors.

In my ignorance, I thought, in the first half, we were moving the defensive set up of the opposition around the field, pulling them this way and that, sapping their energy, putting pressure on their emotional ability to concentrate. Stupidly, I thought they were visibly wilting after about 40 minutes and I was, silly me, confident that the foundations had been laid for the collapse of their defensive walls in the second half. Obviously, it was just coincidence that they did, in fact, collapse in the second half.

I'll try and be more attentive to what's actually happening in future.
It'd okay old man, you were just fooled by tactical genius Emrey's four dimensional chess genuis. We have someone here can explain it to you. Bring a pad and paper though...

I'm just a simple old man and don't really know as much about this football thing as a lot of you learned contributors.

In my ignorance, I thought, in the first half, we were moving the defensive set up of the opposition around the field, pulling them this way and that, sapping their energy, putting pressure on their emotional ability to concentrate. Stupidly, I thought they were visibly wilting after about 40 minutes and I was, silly me, confident that the foundations had been laid for the collapse of their defensive walls in the second half. Obviously, it was just coincidence that they did, in fact, collapse in the second half.

From one ignorant, simple, silly old fool to another - that's how I saw it too :)

Baby Boomers Dancing GIF

Love this post 😆

Yep Bardy the one I have any time for. I'm not even going to point out how horrendous their take on Bissouma was( I've lied I am) he was a rapist who should not have been signed, the tactical expert was so offended he would not do an analysis on his game after the signing was confirmed. Rich Im playing left wing probably 80% of my game ideologically speaking. But it was the most performative intellectual dangerous virtue signalling I have ever seen. All that aside the Sarr blindspot almost feels willfull like they can't see past a stereotype. I get they like Gallagher but look at what's infront of you for god sake!!

Muppets

10mins on the game itself and all they analysed was Unai's bad tactics 😆
Yep and then Carragher asked why Villa gave us so much respect when they have a better team than us.

He then went on to try and claim Klopp (one PL title) is better than Pep (five PL titles) with a straight face...

I can't take Sky seriously any more fucking awful coverage and insight

Back
Top Bottom