Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soooooooo, would he count as homegrown :kanehand:

He's the only player in the Poch era, where I was truly gutted when he left, and still am to some extent. He just had an aura of a nasty streak, a never say die combined with arrogance in, for a long while at least, a healthy mix which I just loved.

Soooooooo, would he count as homegrown :kanehand:

He's the only player in the Poch era, where I was truly gutted when he left, and still am to some extent. He just had an aura of a nasty streak, a never say die combined with arrogance in, for a long while at least, a healthy mix which I just loved.
He does.

For sure, and for him to want to stay in contact too.

True, and am I correct in thinking that this is the first we're hearing of this?

I had the clear impression that things ended on very bad terms. Which they still might have, but Bentaleb has softened as he matured. Which then in turn would mean he, not Poch, would have to have been the first to pick up the phone, once he got to that place. Good for him, if he did.

Yeah - always liked Bentaleb.

Solid midfield player from the academy who was blessed with unreal stamina and superb technique. No idea what happened between him and Pochettino as he seemed like he was well loved during the 14/15 season - though lets be honest, he was only getting games because Poch didn't know how to unlock Dembele yet.

Definitely seems to have matured. Nice to see he's getting some relative game time and success in a struggling team. Would I want him back? If Pochettino thought he'd add something to this team, sure why not? He counts as home grown, he's from our academy and he would have no doubt improved from the young kid who was here 3 years ago.

Matic, Luiz, Pogba, Drogba, Fowler, Keane, Defoe, Crouch, Sheringham.

Plenty of teams have re-signed players they've got rid of in the past. I cant see him being too expensive either, certainly not much more than what we actually sold him for.

sddefault.jpg

Average player with a shit attitude. Never want to see him back at our club. He can rot in Germany with his entourage of ego-stroking wankers. Utter prick.
Clearly, the "entourage" stuff was bollocks if you read the Pitt-Brooke interview. It was all about Bentaleb and what he thought, no one else.

FWIW: I love Bentaleb's attitude, it clearly went over the top which led to him not seeing eye to eye with Poch, but it's part of the challenge when you've got to a) Big the players' confidence up, at 19yrs old he had Sherwood and then Poch praising him. Sherwood coming out about how competitive he was, getting upset if he loses in training and then using that as an example of the right attitude. I'm sure Poch also said stuff too. b) He was taking the team talks before and half time, such was his attitude. 19yrs old and he's doing that, that's fucking unbelievable! c) The downside is that at 19yrs he's no doubt walking on air, thinking he's the next big thing, it's not all his own fault. d) No doubt the disagreements happened when Poch is trying to now tell him to keep his feet on the ground, this can be a bit confusing when you've been told how good you are and leading the team talks etc (Edwards being told he's like Messi is another example).

In a testosterone-fueled environment, it's hard to get the balance right sometimes, I say it's made even harder the younger you are too. But if he can hold his hands up and admit he was wrong then bingo, he's right where his attitude should be.

I'd have him back (if he's any good, still haven't seen him play since he left) in a heartbeat.

Clearly, the "entourage" stuff was bollocks if you read the Pitt-Brooke interview. It was all about Bentaleb and what he thought, no one else.

FWIW: I love Bentaleb's attitude, it clearly went over the top which led to him not seeing eye to eye with Poch, but it's part of the challenge when you've got to a) Big the players' confidence up, at 19yrs old he had Sherwood and then Poch praising him. Sherwood coming out about how competitive he was, getting upset if he loses in training and then using that as an example of the right attitude. I'm sure Poch also said stuff too. b) He was taking the team talks before and half time, such was his attitude. 19yrs old and he's doing that, that's fucking unbelievable! c) The downside is that at 19yrs he's no doubt walking on air, thinking he's the next big thing, it's not all his own fault. d) No doubt the disagreements happened when Poch is trying to now tell him to keep his feet on the ground, this can be a bit confusing when you've been told how good you are and leading the team talks etc (Edwards being told he's like Messi is another example).

In a testosterone-fueled environment, it's hard to get the balance right sometimes, I say it's made even harder the younger you are too. But if he can hold his hands up and admit he was wrong then bingo, he's right where his attitude should be.

I'd have him back (if he's any good, still haven't seen him play since he left) in a heartbeat.

He's shit. Might as well look to get Tom Carroll back.

Average player with a shit attitude. Never want to see him back at our club. He can rot in Germany with his entourage of ego-stroking wankers. Utter prick.

Did you read the interview? The boy's grown up. I'm sure you did things you now regret when you were 18/19, I know I sure did. The fact that he's come out and stated it publicly shows his attitude has changed.

Players evolve, we can't judge them all on their 19 year old selves.

Did you read the interview? The boy's grown up. I'm sure you did things you now regret when you were 18/19, I know I sure did. The fact that he's come out and stated it publicly shows his attitude has changed.

Players evolve, we can't judge them all on their 19 year old selves.

Yeah I read the interview. I still think he's a cunt. Probably just desparately trying to slime his way back into a decent team that has completely outgrown him.

Considering just a year ago he was pulling the same shit at Schalke, probably giving him too much credit for growing up.

That said, I'd have him back. Decent price, still young, HG. He'd probably lose out to Winks in the summer and turn back into a trouble-cunt, though.

Bollocks. He was mostly woeful. Got steamrolled regularly. A below average player with a massive ego, he can fuck off and rot.
He was absolutely fantastic and was at the heart of our midfield in some of our most memorable wins (still to this day IMO). He had a poor pass in his game that cost us on a handful of occasions but no different than we have today and at 19 well I'll live with those for many a year until he learnt more about the game.

He was absolutely fantastic and was at the heart of our midfield in some of our most memorable wins (still to this day IMO). He had a poor pass in his game that cost us on a handful of occasions but no different than we have today and at 19 well I'll live with those for many a year until he learnt more about the game.

You have a distorted memory. He was shit. Put a good cross in to Kane in the NLD, but that’s about it. Terrible footballer.

Back
Top Bottom