Isco - the player we need

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seriously, you do come across as a bit of a child. You make your opinions. Fine. Some people disagree with you and challenge you - and no it isn't the fucking One Show so maybe the language is a bit more colourful - and you throw a fucking fit and melt like a middle class gooner chump crying because someone said his picnic basket was a bit shit. Don't just rock up all of a sudden and expect adoration or lots of cuddles. Seriously. Stick to C Beebies and the One Show.
Up next on The One Show, Audere talks to us about his new book Aleppo: my year in the bin, and ArcSpace hits the streets of North London to find out what maggot gooner cunts are wearing on the high street. Stay tuned. We'll be back after Totti with the weather.

Full disclosure...

My in-laws have an apartment in Benalmádena, we go down there a fair bit. I have a scenario whereby I'm strolling along the promenade, bump into Isco, we go for a caña, chat Spurs and Spain, become best buddies...

Seriously tho, signing him is not as massively far-fetched as you may think. Madrid tend to sell cheap. Yes, Zidane's a fan but Madrid have to be seen to be continuously buying the latest, shiniest toy in the shop. They'll mainly be in the market for a new striker, someone like Aubameyang, but skillful ball-playing central midfielders have a far higher cache here than in England, in general, expect to see Madrid and FCB looking to buy in that department. The talk here is that Isco wants guarantees of a pretty-much guaranteed first team spot, he's unlikely to get it. Plus wages could well be affordable, he's a low earner at the minute, £38,000 after tax or thereabouts.

Sorry to stray off-message re the definite article debate. For what its worth we're always El Tottenham, Los Spurs in Spanish. Most teams carry the masculine article here (el Madrid, el Barça, el Málaga), the exception being Real Sociedad. "Sociedad" is a feminine noun, so they're "La Real", informally "La Reala". Cool eh?

YIDS
I'm in el Malaga right now. Any suggestions?

I took the wee man for a holiday - arrived the day before yesterday. Taking a two year old on holiday is no joke. I'm fucked.

Must say, though, that market in central Malaga is probably better than the big one in Barca (imo), and the sausages are world class. I think the Spanish know more about processing pork than any other human civilisation.

No SS, three pages of people explaining why it's wrong and his only adaption is to put swear words into it.

It's not "long term fan arrogance", it's anti-plastic tourist shit. You see it all the time, someone new bounds on here, blind to any opinion except their own, starts loads of new threads based on a FIFA storyline, then goes menstrual when he gets corrected.

It's times like this I miss having Arcspace to sniff out multis.
His own excluded of course

I rocked up thinking i could have a conversation. - an exchange of opinions. I was actually excited to find somewhere I could talk about THFC . For you that means I am a baby on the one show or something like that.

This is not a place for a free exchange of views about THFC - it's pretty extreme - if I even call our team THE spurs - I will be called out.

Not sure what the point of your aggression is or how it will help THFC -

whatever COYS
Whose multi are you ?

I took the wee man for a holiday - arrived the day before yesterday. Taking a two year old on holiday is no joke. I'm fucked.

Must say, though, that market in central Malaga is probably better than the big one in Barca (imo), and the sausages are world class. I think the Spanish know more about processing pork than any other human civilisation.
Processing pork is honestly Spain's greatest contribution to humanity. My family is only part-Spanish (Cubans), and my grandmother's pork is still the greatest food I've ever tasted.

Personally, I think the Spanish did this out of spite, out of their hatred towards Muslims (who of course hate pork) after la reconquista, but of course I can't prove this, and I was laughed at when I suggested it at Thanksgiving in Key Biscayne like 5 years ago.

Processing pork is honestly Spain's greatest contribution to humanity. My family is only part-Spanish (Cubans), and my grandmother's pork is still the greatest food I've ever tasted.

Personally, I think the Spanish did this out of spite, out of their hatred towards Muslims (who of course hate pork) after la reconquista, but of course I can't prove this, and I was laughed at when I suggested it at Thanksgiving in Key Biscayne like 5 years ago.
It does seem like a concerted and lasting insult. If that is the nature of Spanish pork origins then hats off to them, they have really shown some staying power in this department. They'll be selling the best sausages in Malaga Mercado long after we've forgotten President Trump's executive orders.

We are not inferior to real - he's only on 60 a week - i agree he may notbe better than Dembele - they are very similar - but our squad would be much better with them both in it

Your 'arsey' is me trying to be honest

oh you clever people - you have worked me all out. I will go menstralllll myself away. Sniff out my mutis. I will go playall i did was say that in my opinion Eriksen and Dembele are not so great and if we are going to orogress we might want to improve.
Dear Serg, we've moved on to the merits of Spanish sausages. One must wind one's neck in.

We are not inferior to real - he's only on 60 a week - i agree he may notbe better than Dembele - they are very similar - but our squad would be much better with them both in it

giphy.gif

Madrid: 32 league titles, 11 CLs, most popular club worldwide, 600 million euros per year in revenue
Spurs: ....not anywhere near that many trophies, fans, or anywhere near that much cash

Come on. Objectively speaking, there's no contest. As a CM, you're right, he isn't better than Dembele....but Dembele is getting old. As an AM, he's on par with Eriksen. As a winger, he's certainly better. If, in some wacky scenario, Isco wants to play for Spurs, Levy/Poch better give him whatever the hell he wants, because he'd be the best attacking player on the team and could really elevate the whole team to the next level.

Not convinced by dembele fucking hell ive heard it all now
well how many premier league and champions league managers are so convinced by him. You're the expert - why has he never played in a champions league or premier league winning team - because you think all those managers from all those teams offered so much money for him?
ffs

why does everybody here think it would be so weird for Isco to play for Spurs??? We are challenging for the title - he's struggling to get into the RM team. His wages are quite low (60.000). We've had the best players in the world here - and he's not on that level yet - so what's the inferiority complex?

We can get him into the team and it would take us up a notch. It's not fanciful -its basic transfer stuff.

We are spurs (ok we are THE spurs) - we are the best young team in England- rivalling the best young team in Europe (might be Dortmund right now - but we can give them a fight ) - Isco has spent years being not loved Zidane likes him but doesn't make him central to RM- and he can come here and combine with Dele and Harry - - I can't see many teams in Europe matching us.

I think you've behaved abominably and deserve more than you're already getting.
back up you
I like how this ill-begotten thread's been derailed. Found new life it has hmm?

Anyway, could it be that when referring to "the Spurs", with the definite article, it's being done in an exclusive way, when referring to "Spurs" alone, it's done in an inclusive way? Furthermore, use of the "the" definite article prior to "spurs" (i.e. "the spurs") helps differentiate from situations where use of the "spurs" word alone would be gramatically correct but contextually ambiguous.

For example, are you more likely to say "I love Spurs" (inclusive) or "I love the Spurs" (exclusive) or "I am a cunt"?

As another example, would you be more inclined to say "I am a Spurs fan" or "I am a the Spurs fan", conversely, would you say "I am a fan of the Spurs" or "I am a fan of Spurs" or "Am I a cunt"? Well, it would be correct to say "I am a Spurs fan" just as it would to say "I love the Spurs".

tl;dr I am talking the bollocks, I am a the cunt; but I like talking about Spurs as The Definite Article.
You're not talking bollocks - this is the truth - I think you understand - finally someone understands - I am a the spurs . come on you the spurs!!!!!!!COYTS!!!!!

The castle's decent and has nice views as I remember, so's the Picasso Museum if you're after a bit of culture. If you fancy an excursion, Ronda is spectacular (the drive there is as well), Mijas is nearer and also nice, both traditional Andalusian villages.

Last edited:
Up next on The One Show, Audere talks to us about his new book Aleppo: my year in the bin, and ArcSpace hits the streets of North London to find out what maggot gooner cunts are wearing on the high street. Stay tuned. We'll be back after Totti with the weather.

Totti doing the weather :pochfacepalm: he'll be telling us all its pissing down outside when the suns out

Back
Top Bottom