Isco - the player we need

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually joined her because I am so excited about Harry Winks - -I know everybody thinks he's on the same level as our past mids (I loved Darren Caskey) - I really think we have our cog. So for all the abuse because I am not convinced about Dembele and Eriksen - just in my opinion - I want to see Winks in the heart of our operations. - and in my fantasy world we would have HW with Delle and when we are in the new place, with plenty of money - Isco.
Not convinced by dembele fucking hell ive heard it all now

we have had some of the best mildfield players in the world - we have had Gazza and Hoddle. We now have the best team we've ever had. I am a spurs fan - so fuck me - I have an opinion - is that alllowed here? My opininion, it may be wrong - and I don't think that would make me a cunt but anyway - is that we need a world class midfielder. So I suggested Isco. Apparently that makes me the fucking cuntiest cunt in the world - plenty of you have made that point - i may as well be sol campbell's lover. wtf happened? how the fuck is it such a big problem to suggest a different opinion here?

We get bogged down when teams play 10-0 and I feel like Eriksen can't crack through -that doesn't actually mean I am a troll or a spurs hater. Just that I have an opinion - which is probably wrong - but we're on the internet - isn't that the point - we get the freedom to give our opinion?
Mate, this is an unmoderated forum. It attracts the dross that other sites won't stand. You need to expect a certain amount of trolling.

Just go on offering your opinion. Either people will warm to you or they don't, and there are still those who will engage with you.

'The' Spurs , just curious where you picked that one up?
Sometimes if you are writing about THFC it just doesn't make sense to say 'spurs' - even in our song ' and the spurs go marching in'

I never knew that there was a thing which said - this person is only a real spurs fan if he never uses the word 'the'

Serg1980 seriously - stop acting the god damn victim. If you can't handle the level here then fine, fuck off. The cunt offs get much worse after a defeat, and that itself is nothing compared to when there's a fucking international break. It may not be the Royal Opera House here, but most people on here are alright and just having a bit of a laugh. We even have a fair few septics on here, admittedly chasing after a love affair in the hope of a British passport.

There is very little moderation on here other that the semi democratic sin binning. Any and all views are allowed, as are criticism and insults. It's one of the last bastions of free speech. Go with it - or fuck off.

So now I know - "Oh when THE spurs go marching in" - they are cunts too right? They fucked up their own point? I hope you never sing that song and fuck up your own point and create waste of time songs.

That song only references "The Spurs" because it literally is the gospel hymn "When the Saints Go Marching In" with the word "Saints" substituted for "Spurs".

Literally no other reason.

In short, you're being a bit thick and digging a hole.

Stop being so negative - Isco has not forced his way into the Real team. He would not command wages above Harry or D - . 100 or 150 max. Why the negativity? If we are going to go for the league and then the champions league - why wouldn't we go for a player like this?

Zidane might like him - but he doesn't like him enough to make him a central part of real - unfortunately for us - he already has Luka in the middle and GB .

Why is it so far fetched? The past year Real have been listening to offers for him but nobody has gone for it.

There is a 0.01% possibility of it happening. However as Spurs fans we know when we get linked to these types of players it's to sell copy or get clicks.
0.01% possibility? That's nonsense. I've heard this so many times, and then when a player like VDV comes along all of a sudden the tune changes.

I think the chances are slim, but the way you're talking is as if it's almost impossible. I don't agree with that at all since we are arguably showing we can be consistent title challengers and worth more to a player like that, who needs game time, than we used to be. Plus the original rumours were a loan, which might mean we'd not pay all his wages or a huge fee.

So, unlikely, but only 0.01%? Nah, can't agree with that.

All the same difference. I want Bale to retire just so I can stop hearing certain people still have hope he'll come back and save the day.
Again, why is this so unrealistic? If he ever starts to wind down at RM I don't see it as impossible. In fact I could very well see him coming back top the PL. It'd be those fans wanting him back though that'd face being disappointed that he'd no longer be the player they remembered.

0.01% possibility? That's nonsense. I've heard this so many times, and then when a player like VDV comes along all of a sudden the tune changes.

I think the chances are slim, but the way you're talking is as if it's almost impossible. I don't agree with that at all since we are arguably showing we can be consistent title challengers and worth more to a player like that, who needs game time, than we used to be. Plus the original rumours were a loan, which might mean we'd not pay all his wages or a huge fee.

So, unlikely, but only 0.01%? Nah, can't agree with that.

I was using Poch's quote from last week about the possibility of a signing in January. Isco is likely a 50-50 in honesty if we get CL again, Real don't offer him a new deal then why not? We're becoming a more attractive proposition. Obviously will end up being down to money as well.

That song only references "The Spurs" because it literally is the gospel hymn "When the Saints Go Marching In" with the word "Saints" substituted for "Spurs".

Literally no other reason.

In short, you're being a bit thick and digging a hole.
For all you know he's a new fan (the pointers are there) and possibly foreign. It is a more common mistake than you're letting on, and only long term fan arrogance would castigate a new fan for making this mistake and not yet learning why it looks bad.

Serg1980 where are you from and how long have you been a fan?

We are already on the next level.

We have never been on this level - we have an amazing team.

Clearly most people here disagree with me about what we need - but the point is - we have never been this high - and so close to the top of not just England but Europe too.

my opinion - which is very unpopular here - is that we might just scratch it this season and get second - but if Levy would pish the boat out and get a couple of world class creatives - we could wim the league and even the champions league.

Just an opinion

Back
Top Bottom