Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lets ignore Alli's penalty trip. Its part of the game and has been for many years. Everyones at it. , some are just better than others. The ref only gave it because he ignored the high kick on Walker a little earlier, he was making amends.

Liniker dived 1990 WC qt final against Cameroon - he openly admits it.

Lets ignore Alli's penalty trip. Its part of the game and has been for many years. Everyones at it. , some are just better than others. The ref only gave it because he ignored the high kick on Walker a little earlier, he was making amends.

Liniker dived 1990 WC qt final against Cameroon - he openly admits it.

On Match of the Day you had Lineker, Shearer and Sutton and none of them even thought the dive was worth mentioning. I guess it is just accepted now. In the City game Aguero stayed on his feet in one attack where he clearly should have gone over for the penalty.

Who would fit the "better" category? Proven PL goal scorer, knows the club inside out, wouldn't demand absurd wages. And maybe the system needs a tweak from time to time during matches. A different threat. He's scored loads of goals for us, has scored consistently wherever else he's played & is still scoring regularly in the PL for a frankly poor side. I don't get the JD hate. He was a player I loved watching for us, always posed a goal threat & apart from his lack of grasp of the offside rule from time to time, a talented lad.
I don't hate Defoe. I just find the blind, fact-resistant romanticism kind of boring.

Maybe the forum isn't just about you?....

Anyway, a much needed comfortable win.

Sissoko looked so scared of the ball apart from his assist, can everyone just get off his back? The scapegoating is pathetic and completely counterproductive - Eriksen also suffering from it.

The Son and Eriksen critics are awfully quiet.

That was about an easy a game as we've had for some time.. Poor poor opposition, they offered nothing..
If there is a negative from this game it was Dele's antics for the first goal. Naughton never touched him, he must cut that out of his game.
Apart from that, pretty faultless. Eriksen is making progress which was much needed.

The new stadium is taking shape nicely. going to be one hell of a new home..

Last edited:
Ok. What is the boring, blind and fact resistant romanticism here? Give us some facts about Defoe before you suggest that others opinions are fact resistant.
Suggesting he is fit for Poch pressing. Which is blatantly wrong, not even considering the fact, that Defoe has barely done any much pressing anywhere he played his entire career.

He doesn't fit into the football played and he doesn't have the legs for it either.

There really it little else to say of it.

Suggesting he is fit for Poch pressing. Which is blatantly wrong, not even considering the fact, that Defoe has barely done any much pressing anywhere he played his entire career.

He doesn't fit into the football played and he doesn't have the legs for it either.

Right. Ok. Those are facts are they? Or just an opinion?

The Son and Eriksen critics are awfully quiet.

I've criticised Eriksen of late but it has been fully justified, he has been awful for a few weeks now. You can't say he's been brilliant when it's clear to see that he hasn't..
Yesterday he showed some signs of improvement which I also commented on. I don't boo him in the ground or mention his poor form over and over again. I offer an honest opinion of each game and if he's had a bad game I mention it and then discuss who did have good game.

He was far from the finished article yesterday but had a better game than he's had recently which is a good sign as when he's on his game he is superb.

I've criticised Eriksen of late but it has been fully justified, he has been awful for a few weeks now. You can't say he's been brilliant when it's clear to see that he hasn't..
Yesterday he showed some signs of improvement which I also commented on. I don't boo him in the ground or mention his poor form over and over again. I offer an honest opinion of each game and if he's had a bad game I mention it and then discuss who did have good game.

He was far from the finished article yesterday but had a better game than he's had recently which is a good sign as when he's on his game he is superb.

Oh you are terribly right, he has been very poor. I don't challenge that at all. Perhaps I should clarify. What I refer to is rather the more colourful criticism of which in particular Son, Eriksen, Sissoko and Janssen have recieved plenty, and which is totally out of tune with how they have been actually performing.

Take Alli. He's been quite poor too this season, wasn't even too good against Swansea, but rarely gets a quip from anyone.

Odd.....maybe you dont remember seeing Defoe dropping deep to our corner flag to help in defence, and picking up the ball from the halfway line, running to the 18 yard box and smashing balls into the top corner.
One of the liveliest strikers who has ever played for Spurs.

An absolute energy package with enough left in the tank to make an explosive finish, with either foot at the end of it.

Soldado and Janssen could play in Pochs system....but not Defoe? Hilarious....I wonder if you think Berbatov (in his prime) would be good in this team?
I do, despite the fucker never being able run more than 5 meters.....I bet you do too. Which would make your Defoe analysis rather "fact redundant".

It's part of his game. I've heard he might have dived for the pen, haven't seen replays yet. That's the only thing I don't want him doing, hate diving. But being in someone's face, little digs and pushes I want to see it every game.

His constant diving is a disgrace. I would like to see retrospective 3 match bans for cheaters who do this.
There is absolutely no place for this behaviour at my football club. Ever.

Alli changed the game and the floodgates opened.
Desirable?....No
Do I give a shit? No

Pressure is off, and if he didnt go over, there would have been contact, just like Bale used to do to "avoid injury"

So what

Odd.....maybe you dont remember seeing Defoe dropping deep to our corner flag to help in defence, and picking up the ball from the halfway line, running to the 18 yard box and smashing balls into the top corner.
One of the liveliest strikers who has ever played for Spurs.

An absolute energy package with enough left in the tank to make an explosive finish, with either foot at the end of it.

Soldado and Janssen could play in Pochs system....but not Defoe? Hilarious....I wonder if you think Berbatov (in his prime) would be good in this team?
I do, despite the fucker never being able run more than 5 meters.....I bet you do too. Which would make your Defoe analysis rather "fact redundant".

Winner.

I've even pointed out that Defoe has spent his time at Sunderland doing more defending than Yedlin and Kaboul did, but it falls on deaf ears.

JD was a great player, and his vice has never been work rate, attitude or lack of goals. If anything, his selfishness in front of goal (which is a striker's trait) is not equal to his ability to shoot from 20+ yards out. He's not a Harry Kane or Alan Shearer type (who can score from anywhere), but he also scores goals that Kane and Shearer types don't, which are hard to define, but are first-touch instinctive swipes that end up in the net.

Think he's now scored in 16 different PL seasons, which is impressive in itself

Last edited:
On subject, does anyone else think that Wanyama is looking like a FIFA "career mode" player who forgot to put any skill points on shooting
:wanyama:

Back
Top Bottom