Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Atmosphere has surprised me (positively) this season, even with the massive gap.
The best thing about our support over the last couple of years is that it has been "supportive". So if we have been playing poorly there has been genuine attempts to try to lift the team. If oppo have scored there has been an attempt to get behind them. Only time I can think of when it was embarrassing was when there were audible boos at halftime when we played Newcastle (I think) at home last year. Towards the end of last season there were also a lot of micro pennis's who couldn't take the pressure of s title challenge and transmitted that tension onto the pitch too. But I feel by and large WHL is a great place to enjoy s football match.

Last edited:
The best thing about our support over the last couple of years is that it has been "supportive". So if we have been playing poorly there has been genuine attempts to try to lift the team. If oppo have scored there has been an attempt to get behind them. Only time I can think of when it was embarrassing was when there were audible boos at halftime when we played Newcastle (I think) at game last year. Towards the end of last season there were also a lot of micro pennis's who couldn't take the pressure of s title challenge and transmitted that tension onto the pitch too. But I feel by and large WHL is a great place to enjoy s football match.

Thats why its up to us to make the NDP the unofficial New Lane....I might be biased obviously but by and large I think there is something special about this club, that our fans feel. 1984 UEFA Cup, 1991....it all still feels like yesterday....61 a lot of us were'nt even born, but you feel that era in your bones.

Other fans just dont understand our pride, and it grates them......the irony to try and mock our pride on the basis we havent won anything for ages. Like they cant understand that we are not glory hunters, and while the likes of City and Chelsea were playing in front of 9000 in their dark years, we were still taking 25 to full capacity in ours.

Anyway, to get to the point, I think we will make the new ground as special as WHL, because we are Tottenham Hotspur. Fuck whats going on at West Ham, with their shit support and ground, and Woolwich fans had a Library looooooong before they moved to The Emirates.

Spurs fans of their day are the best in the country, home and away.

Late to the party.

A righteous tonking....just what we needed.

Son's goal is now in the running for best of the season.

The commentator on NBC was also gushing over our new stadium, said he'd been given a look at the plans. Said "it is as proper a football stadium as they come."

That made me feel nice.

Now let's make something happen at wembley for gods sake.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom