Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool, Woolwich, Villa, United, and now Swansea. Our businessmen are going on a rampage.
maybe it's all that analytics in recruitment they have brought in, money ball. Jenkins was not bad at getting a decent player that fitted for decent money but I heard they wanted to introduce analytics more as one of the used to do.
I also feel Bradley may be the wrong move as the only club he's had a go of in Europe was a French ligue 2 outfit and his win record was abysmal.
Could be wrong.
Maybe they should have not interfered with something that wasn't broke and maybe hired a decent coach with experience, and backed what players they wanted. There are a few out there who could do it at Swansea. Instead I think they went for a man they could identify with, and vice versa, who will be used to the American style of ownership/ recruitment methods.

maybe it's all that analytics in recruitment they have brought in, money ball. Jenkins was not bad at getting a decent player that fitted for decent money but I heard they wanted to introduce analytics more as one of the used to do.
I also feel Bradley may be the wrong move as the only club he's had a go of in Europe was a French ligue 2 outfit and his win record was abysmal.
Could be wrong.
Maybe they should have not interfered with something that wasn't broke and maybe hired a decent coach with experience, and backed what players they wanted. There are a few out there who could do it at Swansea. Instead I think they went for a man they could identify with, and vice versa, who will be used to the American style of ownership/ recruitment methods.

This is what happens when you bring a soccer coach in the PL.....:vert:

More movement, quicker passing. Kane's 2nd was last years Spurs on the counter. Quick first time passing.
Kane getting back into rhythm is key, that and players coming into form. He is so important to our style of play as a link between midfield. He pulls defenders out allowing others to get space in front. Good to see Eriksen taking more shots even if they weren't that good mostly, but it'll come.
I felt the score line flattered us a bit and we still are not razor sharp. However the signs are there that offensively we are getting better and moving up through the gears.
Sissoko did ok when he came on.
When lamela and Toby are available for selection and back to best hopefully we can put in a challenge for a top 4 spot.

Shame MOTD did not show Fabianzi's (spelling) yellow card more visibility. It was funny to see him have a hissy fit. That aside he was superb today....usually when a keeper has a worldie we lose 0-1 or end up 0-0.

A good day at the office today. Looked much more like Spurs from last season. Keep it up and we won't struggle for a top 4 spot. Even Sissoko contributed

WE ARE TOTTENHAM
WE ARE TOTTENHAM
SUPER TOTTENHAM
FROM THE LANE
WE ARE TOTTENHAM SUPER TOTTENHAM
WE ARE TOTTENHAM FROM THE LANE!!!!!

Had a couple of drinks :)

Dele; sort it out son, that was embarrasing.

Swansea; absolutely shocking, will go down playing like that.

Harry, starting to look really dangerous again :)

5 is a nice round number isn't it?

:eriksenlol:

Don't think a single player put a foot wrong. Felt sorry for Sigurdssen who was working his nuts off for them.

Thought Vertonghen was class, Alli was back to his cuntish self which I love and he had his best performance of the year because of it. Walker outstanding, again as too was Wanyama, again.

Atmosphere was tragic, must be because of those 3pm Sat kick offs.
Anyone else get the feeling Poch is working towards making a play for him to come back if Swansea go down?

So glad that we were so dominant and didn't win on the Dele goal. the high score line took that away as being the biggest talking point and focus of the game.

It's stating that people often call us pessimistic pricks who only post because we lose.

Then we win 5-0 and people hint there's so few posts because there's no "melting, pessimistic cunts" in the thread.

Expect there is, supposedly. So

Maybe the forum isn't just about you?....

Anyway, a much needed comfortable win.

Sissoko looked so scared of the ball apart from his assist, can everyone just get off his back? The scapegoating is pathetic and completely counterproductive - Eriksen also suffering from it.

I missed the penalty due to a shit stream so only saw it for the the first time on MotD.

Oh dear. That is the last time Dele ever gets a penalty decision in his favour.

I know the feeling... I was also in the toilet at HT and missed the 3rd goal... oh, that's not what you meant was it??

All this talk about Dele's penalty not being a penalty... as far as i'm aware, if the Ref gives it... it's a Penalty!
So if the powers that be wanna set a precedent and chalk that one off, then fine, i'll settle for 4-0...

but while you're at it, I'm pretty sure the Arse 'only' won 4-1 yesterday, as from what I, and everyone with a set of eyes in their head could see, was that Sanchez was about a week offside for the 5th goal... does that one not count either? Or maybe it does, 'cos the Referee gave it! Same diff!

Great performance and result. Son's goal is what we have been missing. In previous weeks that would have gone wide. Signs that our off form players are now getting back to last season's form.
I just hope that getting that penalty does not come back to haunt us with Ref's having seen that being very reluctant to give us penalties over the coming weeks. Dele needs to cut it out as in the long run as we found out with Bale, if you get the reputation of being a diver you do not get even genuine penalties.
Why was Janssen not on the bench? Hope he is not injured. No Toby again!
Good to see Sissoko get an assist.

I just hope that getting that penalty does not come back to haunt us with Ref's having seen that being very reluctant to give us penalties over the coming weeks. Dele needs to cut it out as in the long run as we found out with Bale, if you get the reputation of being a diver you do not get even genuine penalties.

I wouldn't worry - Alli is an England star, the FA sets different rules for their own players.

All this talk about Dele's penalty not being a penalty... as far as i'm aware, if the Ref gives it... it's a Penalty!
So if the powers that be wanna set a precedent and chalk that one off, then fine, i'll settle for 4-0...

but while you're at it, I'm pretty sure the Arse 'only' won 4-1 yesterday, as from what I, and everyone with a set of eyes in their head could see, was that Sanchez was about a week offside for the 5th goal... does that one not count either? Or maybe it does, 'cos the Referee gave it! Same diff!

Sanchez dive the other week was just as bad, if not worse

Back
Top Bottom