Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Odd.....maybe you dont remember seeing Defoe dropping deep to our corner flag to help in defence, and picking up the ball from the halfway line, running to the 18 yard box and smashing balls into the top corner.
One of the liveliest strikers who has ever played for Spurs.

An absolute energy package with enough left in the tank to make an explosive finish, with either foot at the end of it.

Soldado and Janssen could play in Pochs system....but not Defoe? Hilarious....I wonder if you think Berbatov (in his prime) would be good in this team?
I do, despite the fucker never being able run more than 5 meters.....I bet you do too. Which would make your Defoe analysis rather "fact redundant".
Add to this the fact that Advocaat played him as a defensive winger at Sunderland & this helped them avoid the drop from an almost impossible situation, & that tells you a bit more of Defoe's ability to adapt to formations, styles & tactics. It's absolute nonsense to suggest that talking about him is fact resistant romanticism if you can't provide a single fact to show why.

As for him not having the legs any more...he's still running around every Saturday in the PL, rarely injured & still banging them in for fun. He has started & played the whole 90 minutes in every game this season, except one.

Winner.

I've even pointed out that Defoe has spent his time at Sunderland doing more defending than Yedlin and Kaboul did, but it falls on deaf ears.

JD was a great player, and his vice has never been work rate, attitude or lack of goals. If anything, his selfishness in front of goal (which is a striker's trait) is not equal to his ability to shoot from 20+ yards out. He's not a Harry Kane or Alan Shearer type (who can score from anywhere), but he also scores goals that Kane and Shearer types don't, which are hard to define, but are first-touch instinctive swipes that end up in the end.

Think he's now scored in 16 different PL seasons, which is impressive in itself

Yep. Behind only Aguero and Kane in goals in 2016. No one is saying "buy him back!!!!".......but to try and say he could'nt do a job in this team is just absurd

Take Alli. He's been quite poor too this season, wasn't even too good against Swansea, but rarely gets a quip from anyone.

Not sure how you can say Ali was poor yesterday? Granted the penalty was a bit dubious but I think this was only given as the ref knew he messed up with the Kung fu kick on walker.... but to say he wasn't very good? Did you watch the full match or just highlights?

His constant diving is a disgrace. I would like to see retrospective 3 match bans for cheaters who do this.
There is absolutely no place for this behaviour at my football club. Ever.

article-2279233-000BBA2D00000258-457_468x362.jpg

Odd.....maybe you dont remember seeing Defoe dropping deep to our corner flag to help in defence, and picking up the ball from the halfway line, running to the 18 yard box and smashing balls into the top corner.
One of the liveliest strikers who has ever played for Spurs.

An absolute energy package with enough left in the tank to make an explosive finish, with either foot at the end of it.

Soldado and Janssen could play in Pochs system....but not Defoe? Hilarious....I wonder if you think Berbatov (in his prime) would be good in this team?
I do, despite the fucker never being able run more than 5 meters.....I bet you do too. Which would make your Defoe analysis rather "fact redundant".

Defoe being the kind of true footballer he is, i.eacutallu enjoys Playing every week in the most competitive league in the world, would never want to give that up to play second fiddle to Kane and be an off the bench impact sub.... i think while his fitness allows it he will want to continue to be a PL teams first choice striker, he is a old school kind of footballer who obviously enjoys the game and isn't in it just for the money.

Sanchez dive the other week was just as bad, if not worse
...no this was worse!!
Sanchez_selfie.jpg

Ol' Selfie-Sanchez can do no wrong... don't expect the media to 'hound' him any time soon...

Meanwhile, the media campaign to get all decisions overturned that have ever been given in favour of Dele Alli in his career will gather pace now...

As for him not having the legs any more...he's still running around every Saturday in the PL, rarely injured & still banging them in for fun. He has started & played the whole 90 minutes in every game this season, except one.

Exactly and he wouldn't get this at spurs.... big respect to the guy as he could be taking it easy now and chilling out with the likes of Robbie Keane in the states getting played mega money for Sunday league football, but instead he puts in a graft every week and has to live in Sunderland of all places!! Obviously still enjoys playing football!

Playing every week in the most competitive league in the world TM (c) SKY/EPL would never want to give that up to play second fiddle to Kane and be an off the bench impact sub.... i think while his fitness allows it he will want to continue to be a PL teams first choice striker, he is a old school kind of footballer who obviously enjoys the game and isn't in it just for the money.

FIXED!

It's subtle, granted... but it's FIXED now!

Defoe being the kind of true footballer he is, i.eacutallu enjoys Playing every week in the most competitive league in the world, would never want to give that up to play second fiddle to Kane and be an off the bench impact sub.... i think while his fitness allows it he will want to continue to be a PL teams first choice striker, he is a old school kind of footballer who obviously enjoys the game and isn't in it just for the money.

Saying that though he showed remarkable patience and professionalism sitting on our bench behind Adebayor and Soldado

Great performance and result. Son's goal is what we have been missing. In previous weeks that would have gone wide. Signs that our off form players are now getting back to last season's form..
So you could say, that Son's goal is what Son has been missing as well!!!
:sonlol:

Nice one Heung-Min... nice one Son... Nice one Heung-Min, let's 'ave anuvver one, oi!

If anyone can demonstrate that there was no contact between Dele & Naughton with some certainty, then fair enough. But I haven't seen one clip of the incident which proves it one way or the other. What I do know is that he made sure the ref noticed it.

On a slightly different note, we all agree it's bad to dive, yet nobody bats an eyelid when someone makes a tactical & cynical foul in the middle of the park to stop a promising attack- whether it's a clip of the heels, a pull of the shirt or a cruncher (as long as it's not a dangerous one). Instead it's heralded as taking a card for the team. It's surely still cheating, as diving is, but somehow accepted & even applauded. I'm as guilty as the next person of treating the 2 situations differently but in the cold light of day, I'm not sure why becuse they are both aspects of the game & both seek to obtain an unfair advantage by underhand means.

Eriksens 2nd is a very good goal actually

Unlike the first, which (according to Tony Gale on whatever stream I was listening to yesterday) he felt the goal should've been chalked off 'cos Eriksen pulled out of the header... (so that's 4-0)
...along with 'Galey' thinking the Pen should not be given, (3-0)
...oh and Son's coming to him too quickly so was more luck than judgement (2-0)
...and probably Harry Kane's second goal shouldn't have counted either as it came too soon after HT so wasn't fair on Swansea as it effectively ended the contest (1-0)
...likewise Eriksen's 2nd was so late in the game, no one was left in the ground to see it, so didn't really count (0-0)

I think Galey will be happy with the non-nonsense back-to-the-wall gritty 0-0 that Swansea managed yesterday!

Saying that though he showed remarkable patience and professionalism sitting on our bench behind Adebayor and Soldado

Sounds crazy don't it especially seeing him still banging them in now that he was 3rd choice behind Adebayor and solado!

I honestly thought last year was going to be his last before he retired to the states, but at 34 he is still showing he has got that natural goal scoring instinct! last season his goals kept Sunderland up So surely they would offer him the world not to leave in January if another club did come knocking, seeing as how important he is to there PL survival!

Back
Top Bottom