Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...no this was worse!!
Sanchez_selfie.jpg

Ol' Selfie-Sanchez can do no wrong... don't expect the media to 'hound' him any time soon...

Meanwhile, the media campaign to get all decisions overturned that have ever been given in favour of Dele Alli in his career will gather pace now...

Is that the new iSelfie?

An Apple product for the style-conscious selfie lover, where by it takes a Selfie of you holding your trendy fruit-based hipster tech.

Not sure how you can say Ali was poor yesterday? Granted the penalty was a bit dubious but I think this was only given as the ref knew he messed up with the Kung fu kick on walker.... but to say he wasn't very good? Did you watch the full match or just highlights?

Alli probably shaded MOM over Kane for me

He was back driving forward at their defence from midfield, it's almost impossible to defend against when he's touch is on.

"I want to help the club achieve things, win trophies and get in the Champions League, but when you feel like you are working hard, training hard and being professional, and then for some reason you are not playing, it is difficult," Defoe told Sky Sports News.

"It is frustrating. At the end of the day I am ambitious. I want to play in every game and score goals, especially when you score goals for a fantastic club like Tottenham. I have always been like that from the first day I walked through the door and I truly believe that if I am playing games I will score goals. I think my record shows that.

"It has been really, really hard to be honest. Players come and go, that is just football and it is out of my hands."

The 28-year-old insisted he remains committed to Tottenham, but admitted he may have to reconsider his future if he cannot get back in the team. "If you speak to any of the players and the fans, they will tell you that I am committed to the club," he said. "I love the club and I still get the same buzz that I did when I first walked out at White Hart Lane, which is important.

"But for me the main thing is playing football and if I am not playing football then I am not happy, because I love my football."

Absolutely nothing wrong in that for me. Did an interview and told the truth while giving his utmost respect to the club. Better than questioning tactics, the manager and the direction of the club.

I dont see it as whining, but some might. Cant please everyone I suppose.

great weekend this is Turning out for spurs, 2 teams above us dropping points, and with liverspuds defence exposed like that this afternoon surely this won't be the only time! :allitongue:

I dont get what you mean......my point is that if he was clipped, its not cheating

I looked an awful lot to me like he'd not necessarily been clipped, but more that he put his left leg out so that he made contact with Naughts.

So yes, there was contact, however it seemed a bit more like Alli had manufactured it.

Edit: Made GIF

giphy.gif

I looked an awful lot to me like he'd not necessarily been clipped, but more that he put his left leg out so that he made contact with Naughts.

So yes, there was contact, however it seemed a bit more like Alli had manufactured it.

Edit: Made GIF

giphy.gif
Well if he did, he's got eyes in the back of his head. From that clip he's looking at the ball at all times. Does he hang a trailing leg out tempting a nibble from Naughton? Looks like it. But it also looks like Naughton starts to slow down & puts his right foot in, perhaps to stop himself from clattering into Dele. It certainly isn't blatant from what I'm looking at & Im amazed at "fans" on here calling for him to get banned.

Well if he did, he's got eyes in the back of his head.

Or peripheral vision, as Naughton was in front/to the left of him.

Im amazed at "fans" on here calling for him to get banned.

You don't have to resort to petty things such as questioning what makes a real fan. No one wants to see diving and play acting in football, and you can't condone it by saying "well everyone else does it".

You're also pluralising 'fans' when it was one person who suggested punishment for consistent divers, not just one of our players in one incident.

Or peripheral vision, as Naughton was in front/to the left of him.

You don't have to resort to petty things such as questioning what makes a real fan. No one wants to see diving and play acting in football, and you can't condone it by saying "well everyone else does it".

You're also pluralising 'fans' when it was one person who suggested punishment for consistent divers, not just one of our players in one incident.
I've not condoned diving. I've said that there isn't enough there to say he definitely simulated it.
Do you think he should be banned for it?

Last edited:
I've not condoned diving. I've said that there isn't enough there to say he definitely simulated it.
Do you think he should be banned for it?

Not one said he should be banned for "it".

He has been like a Jenga tower this season, and has spent quite a lot of time simulating - that's without even taking that particular penalty incident into account.

There's no place for it in the game and it should be dealt with retrospectively by a panel in the same way that they do for violent conduct or whatever - if they chose, hypothetically, to punish any of our players for persistent simulation, it would be collateral damage for the greater good.

Enough valid points have been raised around it, but there's no point making a straw man about how all the "fans" are calling for him to be banned for winning a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom