Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reminds me of when Gibbs(?) got sent off by mistake in a game, then the FA removed his red and didn't ban Oxlaide-Chamberlain for the diving hand save that the red thought was a red.

Or am I remembering that wrong
no, thats spot on. I think the reason they gave(for not banning oxlade chamberlain) was because the shot was going wide so it wasnt a goal scoring opportunity.

As a northern Spur, I was completely dismayed when we signed this fella.
I regularly drink with a group of 6 magpies, to a man they didn't have a good word between them for our latest signing.
Levy panicked, simple as that, no way whatsoever this joker was Poch's choice.
Horrible player, can't believe he's here.
Levy panicked and spent 30 million?

LEVY panicked and spent 30 million?
Levy spends half hour judging whether or not to spend 60p on a toffee crisp.

Whatever the truth about us buying Sissoko is, there is no way it is "levy panicked and spent 30 million"

That's debatable given their performances when played. I like Josh, whilst I wouldn't say he has been poor, he hasn't shown his quality either. Sissoko has had one good game a few meh (like Josh) and at least one shocker.

I'm one of the biggest critics of Sissoko on here, but IMO 9/10 we'd be better off having him on the pitch over Onomah. I really want Onomah to turn good but I just don't understand what MP sees in him right now.

Levy panicked and spent 30 million?

LEVY panicked and spent 30 million?
Levy spends half hour judging whether or not to spend 60p on a toffee crisp.

Whatever the truth about us buying Sissoko is, there is no way it is "levy panicked and spent 30 million"

I'm not so sure. Levy likes to portray himself as a hard-nosed, calculating, sociopathic businessman. But he does have a tendency to make impulsive moves, especially when he is under pressure (mainly through his sacking and appointments of managers). More generally, Spurs have a tendency of wasting money on foreign players after they have had a good showing in a World Cup or European Championship.

Sissoko clearly has the ability, but his attitude stinks, which the Newcastle fans knew all too well, and someone at Spurs should have had the sense to listen to them before spunking 30 big ones up this arsehole.

I'm not so sure. Levy likes to portray himself as a hard-nosed, calculating, sociopathic businessman. But he does have a tendency to make impulsive moves, especially when he is under pressure (mainly through his sacking and appointments of managers). More generally, Spurs have a tendency of wasting money on foreign players after they have had a good showing in a World Cup or European Championship.

Sissoko clearly has the ability, but his attitude stinks, which the Newcastle fans knew all too well, and someone at Spurs should have had the sense to listen to them before spunking 30 big ones up this arsehole.
newcastle fans will never be happy unless they have a team , squad, players, and ownership that are all geordies. and then they will start moaning about the sponsor. Sissoko made it plain that he wanted to leave. thats enough for them to whine like stuck pigs. no, he probably didnt play well last year, but they went down with a whimper.
and again, i dont believe for one second that levy made a panic buy.(if someone wants to offer me any actual evidence, im happy to take it) wanna blame someone..blame Paul Mitchell. cos he was the head of recruitment

newcastle fans will never be happy unless they have a team , squad, players, and ownership that are all geordies. and then they will start moaning about the sponsor. Sissoko made it plain that he wanted to leave. thats enough for them to whine like stuck pigs. no, he probably didnt play well last year, but they went down with a whimper.
and again, i dont believe for one second that levy made a panic buy.(if someone wants to offer me any actual evidence, im happy to take it) wanna blame someone..blame Paul Mitchell. cos he was the head of recruitment
Report claims Daniel Levy wanted Moussa Sissoko, not Paul Mitchell

So you wanted him playing or on the bench? Why? Wants he done that's caught your eye? I thought everyone thinks he is shit, don't they?
A group of coaches are paid a lot of money to get the best out of the players. And their answer is to have Onomah on the bench. I saw what Sissoko can do v Man City and I saw what Onomah can do v Liverpool. So yes. I wanted Sissoko as the option. You don't have your record signing dropped from the squad when the squad is paper thin.

From what I've been told this is spot on.
Something going on behind the scenes with Sissoko at the moment.
Also it is confirmed that he is our highest paid player, hence a lot of the other players demanding bigger pay.

The whole transfer has unsettled the Squad. Whoever sanctioned it needs sacking.
Sometimes dealings in the world of football are just shockingly unprofessional.

A group of coaches are paid a lot of money to get the best out of the players. And their answer is to have Onomah on the bench. I saw what Sissoko can do v Man City and I saw what Onomah can do v Liverpool. So yes. I wanted Sissoko as the option. You don't have your record signing dropped from the squad when the squad is paper thin.

Two points here. I still don't buy this "Sissoko played well against City" rubbish. I watched the game avidly and it was Wanyama who was the stand out for me and others around me.
Secondly, Sissoko being in the squad yesterday would have changed precisely nothing. He isn't a game changer.

Unless he needs reigning in (if that's why he was omitted). Poch has put Sissoko ahead of Onomah, can't recall Onomah even playing in PL this season.

did you watch many newcastle games when they were not on the TV then?
I regularly drink with a group of Newcastle season ticket holders. To a man, they all say his good performances could be counted on one hand. They are utterly flabbergasted that anyone paid 30 million for him.
We shouldn't have gone anywhere near him in my opinion. It's a disaster of a signing as far as I'm concerned

Back
Top Bottom