Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I regularly drink with a group of Newcastle season ticket holders. To a man, they all say his good performances could be counted on one hand. They are utterly flabbergasted that anyone paid 30 million for him.
We shouldn't have gone anywhere near him in my opinion. It's a disaster of a signing as far as I'm concerned
I refer you to my previous answer concerning geordie football supporters. they are the biggest melts of the lot

I wonder who's idea it was to sign this guy and Vin, genuinely wanna know
like every other club these days, its fairly clear we have a committee. recruitment staff, coaching staff and Levy for negotiations. (and Im betting recruitment advise the maximum fee to pay)

I wonder who's idea it was to sign this guy and Vin, genuinely wanna know

You're wondering whose idea it was to sign a young strong top scorer from the Dutch league?

It's always a gamble, but half the forum would be melting if he was lighting it up for the spammers.

It's not like we can blame him for not taking chances, as we just don't seem to be able to create much (although the Chelsea game was better).

You're wondering whose idea it was to sign a young strong top scorer from the Dutch league?

It's always a gamble, but half the forum would be melting if he was lighting it up for the spammers.

It's not like we can blame him for not taking chances, as we just don't seem to be able to create much (although the Chelsea game was better).
Yes as opposed to a proven striker from the prem or a more established star. Rolling the dice soldado style I guess but whatever sissoko tho that's a mystery especially being a record breaking signing.

Yes as opposed to a proven striker from the prem or a more established star. Rolling the dice soldado style I guess but whatever sissoko tho that's a mystery especially being a record breaking signing.

Like who?

Didn't we get a £30m bid for Sloth (Deeney) turned down by Watford? Even glass knees at liverpool is valued at £30m by the press.

I don't see who we could have bought, south of 25 and £20m.

All clubs buy players that do not live up to their transfer fee. The bigger the club the more that gets wasted. One of the biggest problems is that only 11 can start and it is getting players as back up or subs that not only perform are happy and will stay. Look at the Chelsea bench which is much stronger than ours yesterday. How many of them including
Ivanovic
Fàbregas
Oscar
Willian
Batshuayi
will put up with not playing regularly?
How long will Rooney put up with not playing?
I wanted Chadli to stay and he looks a better bet than our current back ups. However he was not happy and not performing as he did when a first team regular.
Sissoko has received a lot of criticism and no doubt Poch and Sissoko know that. None of us were really disappointed he was not included. Perhaps the reason for his omission was to take him out of the spotlight in a highly important derby and to try introducing him again in a lesser important match.

Like who?

Didn't we get a £30m bid for Sloth (Deeney) turned down by Watford? Even glass knees at liverpool is valued at £30m by the press.

I don't see who we could have bought, south of 25 and £20m.

The other Dembele now up in Scotland. Could have got him for half a mill and we were linked to him.
Otherwise, I'd still take a punt on Berahino, he is acting up because he doesn't get on with Pullis (which is fair enough, as Pullis is a knob), but with Poch's arm round his shoulder he could become a very good player. Could prob get him for 8 big ones now.

Both the Sissoko and Janssen signings were rather weird.

Poch clearly stated on quite a few occasions that we needed a pacey Sadie Mane type player in the squad to take us to the next level. He also stated that he was looking for pacey payers to add.

So how after all that did we watch the videos of Vincent Janssen and think he was the appropriate signing? Sissoko on the other hand is fast but he's not the Mane like player who can run with the ball. All a bit weird really.

We can argue about who wanted Sissoko etc. till we're blue in the face, no one will ever know.

What does seem pretty clear is that our player recruitment policy is an utter fucking shambles. Highly unlikely to see us do anything of note this January either

I doubt it's going to happen but I'd like to see Levy take an absolute back seat with a two man, Pochettino-DoF "committee" responsible for identifying the targets and the alternatives and the latter taking full charge of the negotiations.

The other Dembele now up in Scotland. Could have got him for half a mill and we were linked to him.
Otherwise, I'd still take a punt on Berahino, he is acting up because he doesn't get on with Pullis (which is fair enough, as Pullis is a knob), but with Poch's arm round his shoulder he could become a very good player. Could prob get him for 8 big ones now.

We tried for Berahino again - West Brom wouldn't sell him to anyone. As for Dembele, he rejected us and a few other top 6 teams.

I still think Berahino is pants - he can't get in their squad because he's chubbed up - not exactly a Poch kind of player, becoming Mido v2.0 instead.

We tried for Berahino again - West Brom wouldn't sell him to anyone. As for Dembele, he rejected us and a few other top 6 teams.

I still think Berahino is pants - he can't get in their squad because he's chubbed up - not exactly a Poch kind of player, becoming Mido v2.0 instead.
Dembele rejected us? Didn't we agree everything then veto the deal when Fulham refused to let him go in January.

It's clear Batshuyai was our number 1 striker target.

Dembele rejected us? Didn't we agree everything then veto the deal when Fulham refused to let him go in January.

It's clear Batshuyai was our number 1 striker target.

No, it was reported in several different angles, but put simply, Fulham didn't want to sell him before the end of the season, and Dembele wanted to wait until he was "free" to negotiate a better deal with more options.

Regardless, he isn't and wasn't a proven PL player.

That's the only way Spurs can get quality players though, by taking a gamble, as a proven quality PL striker would smash our wage structure. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

That's the point I was making a few posts above - even average PL strikers are ridiculously priced.

That's the point I was making a few posts above - even average PL strikers are ridiculously priced.
That's why I think it's worth taking a punt on Berahino in January. The longer he spends in McDonalds the cheaper he will be. Plus the resale value could be a lot higher as a young English player, so that might keep Levy happy.
But I agree these are fucking crazy prices and it puts me off football full stop.

Back
Top Bottom