Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The criticism that the squad is not strong enough is partly aimed at him which is why he reacted. I have no problem with that, but he must now do the talking on the pitch and show that he deserves to play even if it is as back up/sub rather than as our star most expensive player. This assumes he gets the chance as he is not getting much game time and with players coming back from injury this will reduce even more.

I fully admit to posting on this thread in an imbalanced emotional state after the Monaco match, but I do stand-by my fears that this guy is a total lemon. Never a good sign when the selling team is celebrating the players departure. Yes I know that has been well covered here, but so far I've seen nothing from him to quell those fears.

I fully admit to posting on this thread in an imbalanced emotional state after the Monaco match, but I do stand-by my fears that this guy is a total lemon. Never a good sign when the selling team is celebrating the players departure. Yes I know that has been well covered here, but so far I've seen nothing from him to quell those fears.
He is, He's barely a footballer, we should'nt have gone anywhere near this clown.
I'm expecting a lot of shit from the Levy Apologists, but how can even they defend this signing? , 30 million quid for a player who has failed in this league for 3.5 years, it's just embarrassing :(
There's no way Poch wanted this cunt, Levy once again failed and then pannicked at the end of the tranfer window.
A spectacular waste of money, depressing :(

Moussa The Joke. Oh.....?

Last edited:
He is, He's barely a footballer, we should'nt have gone anywhere near this clown.
I'm expecting a lot of shit from the Levy Apologists, but how can even they defend this signing? , 30 million quid for a player who has failed in this league for 3.5 years, it's just embarrassing :(
There's no way Poch wanted this cunt, Levy once again failed and then pannicked at the end of the tranfer window.

Except he wasn't.

He had been one of Newcastle's stand out performers over 3 seasons and they would have been relegated sooner without him. His 4th their was no different to others.

The reason why their lot hate him is because:
a) they think they're some massive club, despite not really winning anything significant since the mid 50's - as a result, they look to heap their hate on a scapegoat.
b) Sissoko was open in the press saying that he wanted to move to a bigger club, not one on the brink of relegation every season.

Combine the two together and you've got the answer. They can talk about form as much as they want, but no one looked good under McClaren.

What I don't understand is why we are playing him wide at times - he always looked good as a central battering ram, exactly like Dembele (who was also shite out wide)

Fuck off and die you dull gooner cunt

That's a bold statement. Do you have any way of backing that up? I mean, can you be absolutely certain the Poch didn't want him? Can you prove that Levy failed at...whatever it was he apparently failed at, or show how Levy managed to decide on a player for a position without the managers approval? Because I honestly don't think Levy has a personal database of players, their strengths, weaknesses and suitability, mainly because of the fact he employs scouts and men with black-boxes. But also because I believe Levy is more focused on the money side of things, you know like contracts, naming rights, new stadia and such.

That's a bold statement. Do you have any way of backing that up? I mean, can you be absolutely certain the Poch didn't want him? Can you prove that Levy failed at...whatever it was he apparently failed at, or show how Levy managed to decide on a player for a position without the managers approval? Because I honestly don't think Levy has a personal database of players, their strengths, weaknesses and suitability, mainly because of the fact he employs scouts and men with black-boxes. But also because I believe Levy is more focused on the money side of things, you know like contracts, naming rights, new stadia and such.

Don't worry, it's the casual fan's Schrödinger's Levy.

Levy is both a tight-fisted, money grabbing idiot who doesn't back the manager and only breaks even and a money wasting idiot who must have bought a player the manager couldn't have wanted, and should have got a better player for a fraction of the cost....

Way too early for that kind of assessment and I think it's as much Sissoko taking time to get to grips with what is wanted of him as it is Pochettino making clear how he wants him to play within our team structure.

Unbelievable how this transfer is panning out. The state of the squad and he can't even get a sub run. Pretty obvious this chap is not wanted by the manager. I posted above that I hoped That was not the case. However, it seems to be and In that situation what Fucking hope is there really ? as it indicates somewhat too clearly that Levy is meddling AGAIN.

It's a Bad situation and it's happened before and again. E.g. AVB did not want Ade or half of the dross he was landed with and that poor cunt got hung out to dry. Our board need to up their game massively. Not just Levy, All of them. Commercially can't knock em too hard. But their squad building leaves a lot to be desired.

Sissoko might be a mouth on legs but this situation is shocking. You do not break your transfer record and cunt a player off after 5 or so fucking games. It's 30 million your potentially burning.

We all see / witnessed how absolutely toilet Onomah was at Liverpool. Yet there we are @ Chelsea away and we have him sitting on the bench while a international player is dropped for "tactical" reasons from the whole squad......We had Trippier ahead of him for fuck sake. That's not what you do with a record buy and international player. It's gross incompetence.

Last edited:
Unbelievable how this transfer is panning out. The state of the squad and he can't even get a sub run. Pretty obvious this chap is not wanted by the manager. I posted above that I hoped That was not the case. However, it seems to be and In that situation what Fucking hope is there really ? as it indicates somewhat too clearly that Levy is meddling AGAIN.

It's a Bad situation and it's happened before and again. E.g. AVB did not want Ade or half of the dross he was landed with and that poor cunt got hung out to dry. Our board need to up their game massively. Not just Levy, All of them. Commercially can't knock em too hard. But their squad building leaves a lot to be desired.

Sissoko might be a mouth on legs but this situation is shocking. You do not break your transfer record and cunt a player off after 5 or so fucking games. It's 30 million your potentially burning.

We all see / witnessed how absolutely toilet Onomah was at Liverpool. Yet there we are @ Chelsea away and we have him sitting on the bench while a international player is dropped for "tactical" reasons from the whole squad......We had Trippier ahead of him for fuck sake. That's not what you do with a record buy and international player. It's gross incompetence.
So you wanted him playing or on the bench? Why? Wants he done that's caught your eye? I thought everyone thinks he is shit, don't they?

It was a lesson, putting him in his place. No player should speak to the press on behalf of the club on such an important matter as whether we play at Wembley or not. Simple as.

From what I've been told this is spot on.
Something going on behind the scenes with Sissoko at the moment.
Also it is confirmed that he is our highest paid player, hence a lot of the other players demanding bigger pay.

The whole transfer has unsettled the Squad. Whoever sanctioned it needs sacking.

Back
Top Bottom