Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disagree. He was a panic buy, and Levy got turned over. The fact that he's our most expensive player of all time is worthy of comment.

He's done nothing, before or since, to justify that outlay.
But he wasn't a panic buy. Were we're talking to him for "sometime".

His fee was high but that doesn't mean if he is any good or not. What should a £30m player play like? When we pay £4m or £8m or £15m have you allready worked out what they should play like bassed on their respective fees? and who calibrates this so we all know what to expect?

A fee is a fee and figure between parties it is no barometer on if a player fits into a team, league or style of play. Is Pogba 20 times better than Alli?

So basically like any other transfer then, we're committed to pay Newcastle 6 mil a year for 5 years = 30 mil.

If we sell him for next to nothing next season, or more likely loan him out, we still have to honour our commitment of 30 mil to Newcastle don't we or will they be kind enough to rip it up ?

I don't exactly know where the comfort of this 6 mil a year only is supposed to come from ?
No that's not what reported. Newcastle only get £30 if he stays full term.

His fee was high but that doesn't mean if he is any good or not. What should a £30m player play like? When we pay £4m or £8m or £15m have you allready worked out what they should play like bassed on their respective fees? and who calibrates this so we all know what to expect?

A fee is a fee and figure between parties it is no barometer on if a player fits into a team, league or style of play. Is Pogba 20 times better than Alli?

I disagree mate. The fee doubled overnight. We were turned over. He will prove to be the worst signing in our history.

There was no way we was talking to
Sissoko for "sometime" seeing that we had to nick him from Everton's grasp. He pretty much had the pen in his hand till we called.

I disagree mate. The fee doubled overnight. We were turned over. He will prove to be the worst signing in our history.
But that doesn't answer what you were expecting for the fee, or any other fee for that matter.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck what we paid. Only thing I'm interested in is if he is going to improve the team.

But that doesn't answer what you were expecting for the fee, or any other fee for that matter.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck what we paid. Only thing I'm interested in is if he is going to improve the team.
Well I don't, didn't, never will rate him. You carry on with your analysis, but he doesn't improve the team, and I object to you telling me that I don't know what I'm seeing.

I DON'T see it too mate. Wasn't over the moon when we signed him.

The whole point of my recent posts have been to highlight the massive over the top reaction from Spurs fans wading in with abuse. Especially when there are others players who have been either just as shit or just as meh.

Why does the price tag matter so much? To this day I don't think Lamela is worth £30m, but he is one of my first names on the team sheet.

Why does it matter what Newcastle fans said about him? Couldn't give a flying fuck. Do you think Schalke fans are giving a shit about the majority (not all) say about Bentaleb? Are Hull fans judging Mason bassed on the abuse thrown Masons way? What about how much they paid for him, are they judging him on that?

Anyway I'll leave it as the die is already cast, he is the chosen one, minds already made up, every sentance scrutinised eagerly searching for any excuse to pile in, the knives are not only already out, they have been sharpened and deep cuts already inflicted. It is odd that no one has the balls to slam into Poch for singing the biggest cunt to grace the WHL pitch. (My barbs not aimed at you personally fella, just having a general rant).
Aim your barbs wherever they need to go mate . You won't change my mind on him. Only he can do that. Putting to one side his "reputation", his "allegiances" & record transfer fee, do you really watch the highlights reel of the city game & think "fucking hell we've bagged a cracker here"?
If you do, fair enough. I respect your opinion.
I don't agree with you however.
Where does he fit into our best starting XI? Who loses their place for him? And why should they?

Anyways. Feck it. Life's too short.

Aim your barbs wherever they need to go mate . You won't change my mind on him. Only he can do that. Putting to one side his "reputation", his "allegiances" & record transfer fee, do you really watch the highlights reel of the city game & think "fucking hell we've bagged a cracker here"?
If you do, fair enough. I respect your opinion.
I don't agree with you however.
Where does he fit into our best starting XI? Who loses their place for him? And why should they?

Anyways. Feck it. Life's too short.
I haven't said any of those things about him. I wasnt over the moon about signing him. And I haven't seen anything from him that has changed my mind about that. I have never said we have signed a "cracker".

I've said he has been meh in all his games bar two. One where he was shit and one where he played well. Those performances have tracked the team as a whole and also key individuals too.

Just can't stand having to trawl through months of over the top spite and rage targeted at a player that is pre-judged 11 games into a season.

I guess that this is a combination of his average seeming performances, seeming to lose the ball or lack decent end product when he does make promising forays forward, combined with his fee and the thought 'who else might we have bought with 30 million. Names like Mane and Boufel spring to mind. This doesn't mean he can't improve and add something to the team, but surely the point of spending 30 million is to improve the first team.

Are we seriously still beating the drum if "we only pay £6m a season whilst he stays" thing?

It's bollocks - even the journo that reported it admitted as much.

We will have paid £30m over 5 annual instalments of £6m regardless of whether here's here or not

Last edited:
Just wanted to come on here and repeat the obvious, that Sissoko is a dreadful player. I'll still cheer for him until he goes of course, but I still find it astonishing that he is a spurs player to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom