Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just wanted to come on here and repeat the obvious, that Sissoko is a dreadful player. I'll still cheer for him until he goes of course, but I still find it astonishing that he is a spurs player to be honest.

Agree. Last player I wanted, but as soon as he signed he was one of ours and I'll support him until such time that he shows he doesn't deserve it

I think we've signed a donkey with a terrible first touch a lack of composure and a touch of the "le sulk" attitude that some French players seem to have , I think his signing goes against the grain in terms of style of play transfer policy and ethos of the club and am 99% sure he was a panic buy. It goes with out saying that whatever he does in a Spurs shirt the fans will want to see him do it well but that doesn't mean you can't have a negative opinion of him.

I don't buy the "he's a Spurs player so we must like him" argument.
Look at Adebayor. Never accepted.
I believe the same will happen here with Sissoko. Only way to win us over is with 30M pound performances.
Not playing like Dave from Sunday league FC.

Me personally, can't stand the bloke.
Comparing him to Ade is embarrassing - and so is your attitude towards him

I'll make up my own mind about him not take the opinions of the Newcastle fans.
I've seen in him play for us in half a dozen games and he's not been great but we've not lost and as team ain't been playing well. Wanyama excepted the other signings have been shit as well. I know Jansen has huffed and puffed but he's been shocking.
I think we need to forget the price tag and forget the views of some bitter geordies that have been taking it in the ass for years.
The guys got a clean slate as far as I'm concerned and I expect him to improve as the team does.

I'll make up my own mind about him not take the opinions of the Newcastle fans.
I've seen in him play for us in half a dozen games and he's not been great but we've not lost and as team ain't been playing well. Wanyama excepted the other signings have been shit as well. I know Jansen has huffed and puffed but he's been shocking.
I think we need to forget the price tag and forget the views of some bitter geordies that have been taking it in the ass for years.
The guys got a clean slate as far as I'm concerned and I expect him to improve as the team does.

The Newcastle fans are irrelevant for me it was his poor level of performance for Newcastle that I witnessed that shaped my opinion.

To be honest he has looked seriously out of position playing on the wing. He might have pace but that's about it as far as wing-play goes. At the Euros he appeared to be playing in CM where he looked brilliant and was making strides forward in Dembele's fashion. I honestly thought that we had bought him as CM cover. He won't be first choice with Dembele and Wanyama securing the CM roles but he is more than adequate cover if and when Poch wants to rotate.

Yes, that's a lot of money for cover, I hear you say. But that's the stupidity of the market as well as the price you pay for buying a player five minutes before the transfer deadline. We were monitoring him before the Euros. Had we bought him back then, when we did Wanyama, his price wouldn't have been inflated as it was after his Euros performances.

At the end of the day the boy is struggling and has been man enough to admit it. Let's give him a chance while he wears the shirt.

Problem with Sissoko is that has no technical skills. He's poor man's Victor Moses. At least Moses scores once in awhile and give all on the pitch. Sissoko needs to be Shanghaied by January. I'm sure the Chinese would pay good money for him.

He's only played 5 games ( I think ) in premier league. One of those games he was very impressive in. In the others he was no better / worse than anyone else, so I am not seeing enough to make me hate.

Digging him out over anything at this stage is counter productive. If the negativity gets from the stands to the player it is not going to help him or us. We must try to keep a collective open mind and give him a chance. It's hard to do, but do we must.

His Newcastle form gets thrown at him a lot but he made 70+ appearances before last season even started and he was, from what I recall, impressive on the whole, who's to say we won't see more of that player than the guy who perhaps struggled in a shit situation with a shit team last season ? Bigger players than him had had the Geordie Mafia given them unwarranted gib from the inside of that goldfish bowl, what they say about anything I would give a massive pinch of salt to.

Even in the Champions League game sissoko was not any worse than anyone else, and from what I recall he always had his head up and wanted to get the ball going forward, not everyone was doing that & did he not have that run and shot that might have changed the outcome ? I did not see anyone else doing that. That's not to say one run saves anyone from a dreadful performance, but it would indicate a level of ability is there.

Give him time. If he's poor until May then we know a stambouli mistake has occurred at which point you jog the guy on. Before than, chill out and support the shirt he wears ( if not him )

I have seen nothing from him to indicate that things will change. He cannot pass, he cannot cross, he cannot shoot. At 27, he is unlikely to improve. If he does not improve by January, he needs to be moved on. This team has only once in a lifetime chance to go undefeated, and I do not see how he can be part of that. They need to bring in a proven player by January.

I have seen nothing from him to indicate that things will change. He cannot pass, he cannot cross, he cannot shoot. At 27, he is unlikely to improve. If he does not improve by January, he needs to be moved on. This team has only once in a lifetime chance to go undefeated, and I do not see how he can be part of that. They need to bring in a proven player by January.

Politely, no genuine Spurs supporter gives a fuck about going unbeaten for a season, largely because if we did it we'd finish fifth. It's a Woolwich thang. I guess you're a Son fanboi, no harm in that I suppose, but don't confuse Spurs with Woolwich, that way madness lies.

No, he does not need to be moved on by January. Needs a whole season not part of. And 'they' don't need to bring in anyone in January. Deal with it

Most idiotic thing I've read this week

Most idiotic thing I've read this week

Looks a right fucking troll mate your multi/troll alarms should be ringing, in his 8 posts so far:

Thinks Bentaleb better than sliced bread
Saying Sissoko poor mans Victor Moses
Bigging up Chelsea's formation
Poch can't be trusted with transfers
Disses Wimmer

Also has Blue Moon in his name!

Looks a right fucking troll mate your multi/troll alarms should be ringing, in his 8 posts so far:

Disses Wimmer

Half the people on here 'support' other clubs. That's why it's so shit these days.

Disses Wimmer

Probably a City cunt - can't be bothered with half these multi cunts lately, simply don't have the time

The Newcastle fans are irrelevant for me it was his poor level of performance for Newcastle that I witnessed that shaped my opinion.

Fuck off Superstar, take Joe Jobless, Spursinho, Scott with you and support someone else!

You're a waste of space!

:dembelefingers:

Fuck off Superstar, take Joe Jobless, Spursinho, Scott with you and support someone else!

You're a waste of space!

You're a waste of space!

You forgot to tell me I'm an oxygen theif!

I'm not interested, you can disagree with every post I ever make , you can randomly make bitchy little posts about me unprovoked but you won't get me down to you're level and there will be no tit for tat that you seem desperate for.

You're a silly little man with a silly little agenda to stalk me and its tedious , well done Devon you got your bite.

Cue a disagree or reference to Heung Min Son , as predictable as sunrise.

You forgot to tell me I'm an oxygen theif!

I'm not interested, you can disagree with every post I ever make , you can randomly make bitchy little posts about me unprovoked but you won't get me down to you're level and there will be no tit for tat that you seem desperate for.

You're a silly little man with a silly little agenda to stalk me and its tedious , well done Devon you got your bite.

Cue a disagree or reference to Heung Min Son , as predictable as sunrise.

How about 'little girly' your previous nickname?
Not by me I hasten to add!

Back
Top Bottom