Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched the city game intently and not once did I think wow sissoko.
I was more amazed with Wanyama.
And the highlights reel starts with him falling over! It's strange how you get a vibe about a player from day one. I had no enthusiasm for his signature on deadline day but hoped I would be shown up for being a clueless cunt (again). I haven't seen anything about him that makes me think "there's a useful player in there just waiting to get out"- unlike Janssen in spite of his less than impressive goal return so far.

The geordies couldn't wait to get him out of their club & were delighted with the fee (& rightly so) which immediately rings the alarm bell about the player.
He has performed poorly imo & if the City game is an example of an excellent performance then I'm not seeing it- even from the highlights reel.

He then gets himself sent off for the most needless of reasons against Bournemouth.

I'm still waiting to be shown up when he starts trailblazing his way through defences. But in my honest opinion, he's got his big contract & is now saying the things on twatter that he is being advised to say. If what he says is genuine, then he comes back from his suspension & starts lighting it up for his new club. I hope he does. But I'm far from convinced that we have bought a £30 million talent.

And the highlights reel starts with him falling over! It's strange how you get a vibe about a player from day one. I had no enthusiasm for his signature on deadline day but hoped I would be shown up for being a clueless cunt (again). I haven't seen anything about him that makes me think "there's a useful player in there just waiting to get out"- unlike Janssen in spite of his less than impressive goal return so far.

The geordies couldn't wait to get him out of their club & were delighted with the fee (& rightly so) which immediately rings the alarm bell about the player.
He has performed poorly imo & if the City game is an example of an excellent performance then I'm not seeing it- even from the highlights reel.

He then gets himself sent off for the most needless of reasons against Bournemouth.

I'm still waiting to be shown up when he starts trailblazing his way through defences. But in my honest opinion, he's got his big contract & is now saying the things on twatter that he is being advised to say. If what he says is genuine, then he comes back from his suspension & starts lighting it up for his new club. I hope he does. But I'm far from convinced that we have bought a £30 million talent.
He wasn't sent off.

Ok. You're quite right. He's still missing 3 games for being (& this is a generous interpretation) a headless chicken.
I thought he was a touch unlucky, if it wasn't for Arter rolling around the floor and then getting in his face trying to get him sent off I doubt anyone wouldn't have bothered. In real time absolutely no thought anything of it. Only replays showed an elbow, looked more clumsy than deliberate. But why should that bother people, if he is a gooner loveing, crock of a footballer missing 3 games should be a delight that he doesn't get to play for us.

We have lost a bit of our cuntishness that we had last year. I think Alli's game has suffered because of it, I prefer the Alli of last year, the one that left a foot in, that threw a ball in the oppo's face. The whole team hasn't played with that edge this season. Arter was their player who had this edge, flying into tackles, getting in our faces. We didn't match it. With this in mind, if it was deliberate I'd say well done, and shake his hand. I don't remember Arter having the same influence after that.

Yes. We are paying £6m per year over 5yrs (if he stays).
That's a good deal in fairness. Copyright levy 2016. What do we actually pay if he goes to woolwich? A £6 million mistake is part of football. If true, we can fire him off and only lose £6 million? That's got to be an incentive for him to pull his finger out because he could be fucked off after a year. Sounds too good to be true. I so want to see that marauding killer that Raised his profile so mightily at the euros. The bloke I'm seeing isn't a shadow of that player. I'm even crossing my pubes that the real Sissoko please stands up.

I thought he was a touch unlucky, if it wasn't for Arter rolling around the floor and then getting in his face trying to get him sent off I doubt anyone wouldn't have bothered. In real time absolutely no thought anything of it. Only replays showed an elbow, looked more clumsy than deliberate. But why should that bother people, if he is a gooner loveing, crock of a footballer missing 3 games should be a delight that he doesn't get to play for us.

We have lost a bit of our cuntishness that we had last year. I think Alli's game has suffered because of it, I prefer the Alli of last year, the one that left a foot in, that threw a ball in the oppo's face. The whole team hasn't played with that edge this season. Arter was their player who had this edge, flying into tackles, getting in our faces. We didn't match it. With this in mind, if it was deliberate I'd say well done, and shake his hand. I don't remember Arter having the same influence after that.
Clumsy is the word I've been searching for to describe him. (It's my age mate)

That fact alone pleases me that he isn't currently playing- a dodgy spark plug in a V12 still makes it run like shit. His gooner allegiance doesn't endear him to me, nor does the fact that his former club's fans (relegated) were happy when he left. Getting riled by a perennial cunt like Costa (Dembele) is one thing from a seasoned pro, getting riled by someone few people outside of Bournemouth have heard of is, in my view, another. I can't shake my scepticism about him, no matter what logical argument is put before me. I genuinely hope he comes back fired up & ready to add value to the team. But I've seen nothing that would make me think "well that's £30 million well spent". He should have shown great promise coming to a top 3 team, given his PL experience. You may see it but I don't so far. And I'm a sucker for giving time to our new signings as previous posts attest. The whole package leaves me cold. We will see I guess

Clumsy is the word I've been searching for to describe him. (It's my age mate)

That fact alone pleases me that he isn't currently playing- a dodgy spark plug in a V12 still makes it run like shit. His gooner allegiance doesn't endear him to me, nor does the fact that his former club's fans (relegated) were happy when he left. Getting riled by a perennial cunt like Costa (Dembele) is one thing from a seasoned pro, getting riled by someone few people outside of Bournemouth have heard of is, in my view, another. I can't shake my scepticism about him, no matter what logical argument is put before me. I genuinely hope he comes back fired up & ready to add value to the team. But I've seen nothing that would make me think "well that's £30 million well spent". He should have shown great promise coming to a top 3 team, given his PL experience. You may see it but I don't so far. And I'm a sucker for giving time to our new signings as previous posts attest. The whole package leaves me cold. We will see I guess
I DON'T see it too mate. Wasn't over the moon when we signed him.

The whole point of my recent posts have been to highlight the massive over the top reaction from Spurs fans wading in with abuse. Especially when there are others players who have been either just as shit or just as meh.

Why does the price tag matter so much? To this day I don't think Lamela is worth £30m, but he is one of my first names on the team sheet.

Why does it matter what Newcastle fans said about him? Couldn't give a flying fuck. Do you think Schalke fans are giving a shit about the majority (not all) say about Bentaleb? Are Hull fans judging Mason bassed on the abuse thrown Masons way? What about how much they paid for him, are they judging him on that?

Anyway I'll leave it as the die is already cast, he is the chosen one, minds already made up, every sentance scrutinised eagerly searching for any excuse to pile in, the knives are not only already out, they have been sharpened and deep cuts already inflicted. It is odd that no one has the balls to slam into Poch for singing the biggest cunt to grace the WHL pitch. (My barbs not aimed at you personally fella, just having a general rant).

If I hear the Lamela argument one more time I'm going to go berserk.
Lamela was signed at a young age, 22 I think? Correct if wrong. So still wasn't at peak. He also had never played in the premier league before!
Stop comparisons with Lamela people.

Sissoko has played in Prem for a year or two before and is also 27!

If I hear the Lamela argument one more time I'm going to go berserk.
Lamela was signed at a young age, 22 I think? Correct if wrong. So still wasn't at peak. He also had never played in the premier league before!
Stop comparisons with Lamela people.

Sissoko has played in Prem for a year or two before and is also 27!
The point is the same, being judged on the fee. Why bring it up the fee? What we pay for someone doesn't matter if a player is shit or not.

The point is the same, being judged on the fee. Why bring it up the fee? What we pay for someone doesn't matter if a player is shit or not.
Disagree. He was a panic buy, and Levy got turned over. The fact that he's our most expensive player of all time is worthy of comment.

He's done nothing, before or since, to justify that outlay.

Yes. We are paying £6m per year over 5yrs (if he stays).

So basically like any other transfer then, we're committed to pay Newcastle 6 mil a year for 5 years = 30 mil.

If we sell him for next to nothing next season, or more likely loan him out, we still have to honour our commitment of 30 mil to Newcastle don't we or will they be kind enough to rip it up ?

I don't exactly know where the comfort of this 6 mil a year only is supposed to come from ?

So basically like any other transfer then, we're committed to pay Newcastle 6 mil a year for 5 years = 30 mil.

If we sell him for next to nothing next season, or more likely loan him out, we still have to honour our commitment of 30 mil to Newcastle don't we or will they be kind enough to rip it up ?

I don't exactly know where the comfort of this 6 mil a year only is supposed to come from ?

I think the way people understood it was if we sell him next summer. We've only paid £6,000,000 and no longer owe Newcastle any more money.

Back
Top Bottom