Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The difference in squad depth was pretty sobering. Liverpool made 11 changes and essentially just swatted your equivalents aside. Even then they still had a £20m odd French international defender not even considered for selection for disciplinary reasons.

Pretty odd given you guys are the ones operating at Europe's top table.

They brought in a goalkeeper with over 200+ Premier League appearances and 17 caps for the Belgian national team.

An experienced centre half with over 400+ career appearances, partnering him with another experienced player with near 400 club appearences and Brazilian international. Spanish international coming in at left back.

£20,000,000+ summer signing in central midfield. England international and experienced Sturridge up top who has a near 1 in 2 record throughout his career.

They made changes, but they had much better depth to choose from when it comes to experience.

Whereas our change in depth showed an average age of 22 years old. Playing away from home at one of the best grounds in England.

Pococino has a no win decision , play our youth to see if they have the skill to step up.
Tonight we saw some players shine and others fail to impress.
Saturdays game against Leicester is more important than this Cup, and opinions were always raw over tonight's result.
Progress takes time and I believe this Manager WILL make us successful, so let's see the future as positive. COYS
who?

The difference in squad depth was pretty sobering. Liverpool made 11 changes and essentially just swatted your equivalents aside. Even then they still had a £20m odd French international defender not even considered for selection for disciplinary reasons.

Pretty odd given you guys are the ones operating at Europe's top table.
Niall Quinn, is that you?

How can you play a through ball to Janssen? He always has his back to the goal, and moves like a statue.

That's the only time he gets service, but he's constantly looking to move forward off the back line and we never seem to go for it, just recycle it back through the wings. None of our passing is threatening.

Dier has been off form all season. Not sure what's happened.
There are a couple of explanations I can think off. Still tired from last season perhaps with the Euro's included, just like Kane he played pretty much everything for Spurs because we had no back-up. Also mentally the Euro can't have been a good experience for the English lads, nor were the recent qualifyers under Southgate and Allardyce. Switching positions all the time can't be good for continuity either, he has played at RB, DM, CB and even CM alongside Wanyama, the latter position I think confused him and didn't suit him. And then he is actually facing strong competition from Wanyama, which might have a negative effect upon him. Also, last year he usually played alongside Dembele, but this year that hasn't happened a lot due to Dembele being suspended or injured, and Dier not always playing in midfield.

Pococino has a no win decision , play our youth to see if they have the skill to step up.
Tonight we saw some players shine and others fail to impress.
Saturdays game against Leicester is more important than this Cup, and opinions were always raw over tonight's result.
Progress takes time and I believe this Manager WILL make us successful, so let's see the future as positive. COYS

article-2242722-1657FE04000005DC-339_634x474.jpg

I know that bloke , likes to wear lots of medals .
Yeah, he was telling me about his VC when I excused myself. Very partial to scampi niknaks, or the modern day equivalent. I told him a joke about leopards, but he laughed in all the wrong places. I'm too friendly for my own good - everyone says so.

Back
Top Bottom