Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd go with:

Lloris/Vorm
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier - Wanyama
Lamela - Alli - Eriksen
Kane
Subs: Lloris/Vorm, Davies, Wimmer, Sissoko, N'Koudou, Son, Janssen

People seem to forget that this time last season, Kane hadn't scored and we hadn't won a game. Let's not hit panic stations yet that we aren't playing at 100%.

I'd like to see us go 2 up top here and put pressure on their back line, but it'll be another midfield battle. Sissoko and N'Kouduo to come on from the bench.

Have Wanyama and Dier in the middle as Stoke do have some talent, especially in Arnie and Shaqiri. Bony is good on his day as well.

I think we'll see something along these lines:

Vorm
Trippier Toby Jan Davies
Wanyama Sissoko
Lamela Son Eriksen
Janssen

Bring N'Koudou on as an early sub for Eriksen and Dele as a sub for Lamela. Have Sissoko shift to the middle and have Son out wide.

That will allow us to play a strong team against Monaco midweek. I don't necessarily think we NEED to play our very strongest team against Monaco, but given the occasion I think we should. We've seen how much the atmosphere sours when Poch puts out weak sides in other competitions. It would be awful if our first match at Wembley had that cloud looming over it.

-----------------------------------Vorm-----------------------------------------
Walker------------Alderweireld-----Vertonghen------------------Rose
---------------------------Wanyama--Dier-----------------------------------
-------Lamela----------------------Alli---------------------------Eriksen---
--------------------------------------Kane--------------------------------------

subs: Lopez, Davies, Wimmer, Sisokko, N'Kodou, Son, Janssen

I think we'll see Son back in the starting XI this Saturday. Lamela plays for Argentine Wednesday night, so won't be back in the UK until late Thursday I presume, so he might be left out of this one. Sissoko and N'Kodou will be in the bench I expect along with Jansen and Wimmer.

Vorm
Walker, Toby, Verts, Rose
Dier, VW
Son, Dele, Eriksen
Kane

Subs: Lopez, Wimmer, Trippier, Sissoko, N'Kodou, Lamela, Jansen

Prediction - everyone will talk about how good our bench looks before kick off.

Back
Top Bottom