Yid no more

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Abandon+Thread+Another+one+of+my+random+GIF+edits+Slow+loading_117eee_1901834.gif

Sammy, do you use P*ki or N*gger?

If not, since when did you get on your high horse about that?

See how silly you sound?

And you started this with the erroneous, probably urban myth, about the origin of 'fag' to mean cigarette, which was disproven pretty promptly.

Others here have argued intelligently.

Origin of the word fag doesnt matter really. If a cigarette was called a n#gger, we wouldnt say it. So its about the power of the word, not just the fact its a term used ot describe a race/religion/sexual minority

The point Im trying to make is that you seem happy to judge whats ok to say and whats not - which is exactly what the people using the term Yid are doing.

I wouldnt say like to be called a n#gger, but I chant Yid Army.

You wouldnt chant Yid Army, but youd call a cigarette a fag.

Whats the difference? We're both hypocrites, just Im not preaching to anyone.

Leroy - love that!!

If you think 'Yid' is an offensive term don't use it, inside or outside the game. I stopped because it felt hypocritical to me.

Being horribly liberal I'll let you make your own minds up, I'm not going to start a campaign or tell a fellow Spurs fan how to support the club.

I think we need to come to the realisation that we can be proud that we took the badge of honour 40-50 years ago but things have changed a lot since that time. I hope we come to that point before we lose the moral high ground.

Don't insult out intelligence. Jesus Christ we know what the * means. We say "nigger" in our heads when we read it. Reminds me of that Louis CK bit.
No-one's insulting your intelligence. It's just standard practice. We all know what it means. It would be pointless even writing it if the reader didn't know what it means.

People get banned from websites and forums for using the full terms and it often gets filtered. It's no big deal.

How exactly does it insult your intelligence?

The problem is the violent nobheads really though isnt it?

The authorities need to come down harder on this kind of thing, or actually turn up when shit kicks off. God forbid actually anticipating and planning ahead to stop trouble preemptively.

Are we going to ban cars to stop car theives?
Spot on - how about the police forces in Rome and Lyon actually have some kind of presence in the known drinking areas the night before the match and on match day itself? That would have greatly reduced the risk of trouble. Everyone knows where people are gonna drink as firstly it's all over the internet, and those spots are well known anyway!

If ever Yid is used by Spurs fans in a derogatory manner towards Jews I will stop saying it. until then There is no problem with it in my eyes.

That is fine as arguments go, if everyone knows the context, it's what makes it legal according to Tottenham Hotspur itself when they last put out an official stance on it.

Would you say, sing or chant 'Yid' it if were outside a game?

The fact that thugs are attacking us, is very much our problem because it's leading to our fans getting injured, it's also getting us to be seen as a 'magnet for trouble'
I reckon Woolwich or Chelsea would have been attacked in Rome - as they are English clubs. Perhaps the same thing with Lyon, as well. Those that attacked are meant to be 'right wing' but they probably enjoy causing trouble for the sake of it and getting away scot free!

I reckon Woolwich or Chelsea would have been attacked in Rome - as they are English clubs. Perhaps the same thing with Lyon, as well. Those that attacked are meant to be 'right wing' but they probably enjoy causing trouble for the sake of it and getting away scot free!

You're probably right although I wonder about chelsea. They're known to have many right wingers in their ranks and apparently you see Chelsea flags at lazio games sometimes.

Actually reading the rest of your post properly I see what you mean

You're probably right although I wonder about chelsea. They're known to have many right wingers in their ranks and apparently you see Chelsea flags at lazio games sometimes.

Actually reading the rest of your post properly I see what you mean
Could an association with Lazio mean that they would be a target for Roma ultras that have nothing else to do on a wednesday night? Apparently Liverpool fans had some problems out in St. Petersburg last week as well - I don't think we can put this solely down to an anti-semitic attack when the English are known targets for ultras abroad

Yeah, good points. Perhaps there has been too much readiness to assume/accept one particular motivation, when the truth is violent cunts will use any excuse.

Back
Top Bottom