Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
I want Poch to stay, but it's clear things are faltering, he isn't able to motivate the players like he used to, tactics are stale. Several wantaways, some others have regressed.

The new signings getting fit has to help, and we need to move on anyone not here for the long haul as soon as possible.

I also fancy a change in the coaching staff, maybe a new defensive coach for a start.

I think a return to playing a hard tackling DM will help that end of things massively.... Not sure Jan & Toby's legs (or maybe lungs?) can handle a high line anymore either.

This is way too previous, but this is the interweb thing I guess so, although I'm against it in general, I think I could see an argument for it. Not worth my time at this stage though so good luck..

If there had to be someone else, and I don't even want to seriously consider it, the right man would be Julian Nagelsmann.

Maybe someday, but not now.

I genuinely can't see how anyone thinks this twat would be a good appointment for us. He would not work well with Levy and he doesn't work well at clubs with limited budgets. There's a slim chance he might get us some trophies in the couple of years he might stay, but he'd leave the club in a much worse state than it is now. It's just not worth it.

The problem with Mourinho, or any other "top" manger is
A) They will want massive wages, Poch can earn up to £8.5m a year (with bonuses) so not too big a deal.

B) They will also want a massive transfer kitty, which Levy won't go for.

If Jose is the answer then one is asking the wrong question.
Not really a winning team is what we want not the weak, timid shit currently being served up which has been going on all of last year so it's a problem.
All I want is poch to sort it but with his demeanor and lack of ideas it seems it may be beyond him we will have to wait and see.

Not really a winning team is what we want not the weak, timid shit currently being served up which has been going on all of last year so it's a problem.
All I want is poch to sort it but with his demeanor and lack of ideas it seems it may be beyond him we will have to wait and see.

Not at any cost, no....

I would rather back to back relegations to League 2 than winning the quadruple under that lowlife

The difficult moment we are going through doesn't mean that we have to lose our dignity

I think this team has this season remaining before it gets broken up, I don't think Harry Kane will stay with another trophyless season, We already know Jan, Toby and Eriksen contracts are winding down.

IF poch goes, there is no point bringing in a young manager with a vision like an Eddie Howe, we need an old head to try and get us a trophy before our "golden generation" are broken up.

That's why I'd take Mourinho as a short term solution to try and win a trophy, I'd take the negative football for a season or two.
I'd also look at Rafa Benitez for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom