Would you support a walk out ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you support a walk out on the 23rd minute

• Total voters
If things don't drastically improve, drastic action's needed. We also need numbers to be effective.

If it does happen let's wait until after Kane's broke the record please because we all know how Spursy it be to do a walk out protest and miss a quick fire double šŸ˜‚

Turning the back is far better than any walkout. It says "I'm a fan and I have a right to be here, but I'm not watching this shit".

A walkout lasts for a couple of minutes, but turning the back can last for the entire game.

So turn your back for all of three or four minutes then turn back around to watch the game - which is what we both know will happen.

Nope, a walkout is a much better idea.
Yup seeing an exodus would definitely have an affect

Thing is , with Spurs , weā€™d probably score in the 23 min

Awww who Iā€™m kidding , we wonā€™t

Turning the back is far better than any walkout. It says "I'm a fan and I have a right to be here, but I'm not watching this shit".

A walkout lasts for a couple of minutes, but turning the back can last for the entire game.

Walking out on 23 minutes last for the rest of the game.

Turn your backs: "Ooooh, Poznan!" :levyeyes:

But it's just a game. Were I in Levy's shoes I'd just shrug my shoulders, because you know it'll blow over.

If you want to exert pressure, it has to be sustained, it has to gather momentum. Do it once and it's forgotten once the tabloids have finished writing about it, so probably less than a week.

But do it at every game, vary it from turning your back to walking out. Boycott the food, the drink, the merchandise. Lobby other fans, but you do it in such a way that you make them think for themselves. None of this "ENIC apologist" or "enemy within" bollocks, all that does is divide the fanbase when you're looking to unite them to a common cause.

You have to make sacrifices if you're serious about wanting the change, whether that be by boycotting the games and not selling your ticket, so the seat remains empty, to taking out large amounts of your own personal time to lobby, organise or just turn up if someone else puts that time and effort in.

The alternative is to be just another internet blowhard who demands change but can't be arsed to put in the hard yards to effect that change.

What Iā€™ve seen quite effectively at a stadium before is a walk in. People stay in the concourse, TV shows an empty ground, and then at e.g. 10 mins thereā€™s a big entrance to the stands, with the fans making lots of noise both for the team and against the ownership. Team gets type backing it needs. Very visible protest. Noisy criticism of owners throughout. Way more effective than a poorly followed quiet moaning exit.

Why is it that every time a poster posts something that doesn't meet with what you people design as the "correct response," you pounce on them like a fat kid on a birthday cake?

He's not interested, he gave his reasons. Who the fuck are you to label him as anything other than a Spurs supporter just because he doesn't share your view?

See, this is the real issue.

I didn't label him as anything, that's what your bias is seeing in my post because you so adamantly want to jump in to defend against the "ENIC out mob!" and act like this is an "us against them" issue, hence the "you people" rhetoric.

I am no "people" I can acknowledge what ENIC have done right (infrastructure, making us a stable European club etc) but I can also acknowledge that they have no plan and have run into a brick wall and need to go for the sake of the club now (IMO.)

The football club is what I care about, not this petty fucking dick swinging contest about who is right or wrong.

All I said to the poster was what I believe other supporters mock us for. Other supporters never want ENIC or Levy to leave our club, what does that tell you?

Like I said in the other thread get this going for the city game so we don't have to watch us get thumped again :mourthumb:

This Is Fine GIF
Didn't respond to my post in thr other thread for some reason, strange

A walk out is embarrassing - Levy won't care, you've paid for your ticket and just choosing to leave early.

The better way of doing it is not buying a ticket at all, or just getting a large number of fans to not turn up at all, and have it empty from kick off.
Disagree. Everyone walking out for 1 / 2 minutes in an internationally broadcast game will have a massive impact on Levyā€™s credibility in the game. And up tick media interest in whatā€™s actually been going on here.

And boycotting all sales inside the stadium in addition would be good. But cannot see that happening either.

Very coordinated booing and signage could also cut through. But this cannot be about the ā€œteamā€ itā€™s about pressure on change or exit from the owners. So unfortunately the team, at the moment will have to be disrupted too.

Last edited:
Lol. Youā€™ve still paid your money.

i am proud of the fact that for the last 3 years ive not spent a penny to Levy.

its not been as tough as you'd think.

im lucky my local has a dodgy stick to watch the football too. So not even my pints money goes to sky which goes to levy.

Love my local team. Nearly more than spurs. In fact itā€™s probably equal.

Disagree. Everyone walking out for 1 / 2 minutes in an internationally broadcast game will have a massive impact on Levyā€™s credibility in the game. And up tick media interest in whatā€™s actually been going on here.

And boycotting all sales inside the stadium in addition would be good. But cannot see that happening either

That's not a "walk out"; that's a piss-break.

Seriously; for all the on-line anger; people aren't exactly prepared to throw down for real are they....?

But do it at every game, vary it from turning your back to walking out. Boycott the food, the drink, the merchandise. Lobby other fans, but you do it in such a way that you make them think for themselves. None of this "ENIC apologist" or "enemy within" bollocks, all that does is divide the fanbase when you're looking to unite them to a common cause
Best post on the ownership situation, Iā€™ve read.

During my (short) absence on this site, Iā€™ve moved from neutral to ENIC out based on a number of additional data points. I think the wages / revenue figures really peeā€™d me off.

Having said that, I wouldnā€™t give half of the posters on this site the satisfaction of doing anything that they were involved in to bring about change, not least because of all the personal stuff.

So, yup, Iā€™ve no doubt that the family will be renewing their seasons again and Iā€™ll be using them when I visit and buying plenty of food, drink and merchandise to bring home.

I think everyone involved should bring a whistle and a white hanky. From the first minute blow the whistle and wave your hanky.

Just cause absolute mayhem. Media, players everyone will wonder what the hell is going on.

The stewards canā€™t throw out everyone if you have 5-10k people plus doing this.

Be like the 90s. Maybe drop a pill while youā€™re all at it.

Whistle posse!!!

I'm doing a one man boycott. Unfortunately I have already bought a WHU ticket but that is definitely it for the season unless something changes quickly.

From 20 years of 20-25 games a season to 6 this one. Tragic

Back
Top Bottom