Would you support a walk out ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you support a walk out on the 23rd minute

• Total voters
Our fanbase has lost the fucking plot
This Is Fine GIF

Nah, not fair on the players.

Mobilize the crowd to wear bald skull caps for the first 14 minutes of every home game, to represent the 14 years we've gone without a trophy.
That would only have to happen once before they started appearing in the Spurs shop for double the price. No way Levy misses out on a revenue-generating idea like that, even if the joke's at his expense.

Not that bad? Our biggest rivals are looking like they are going to win a title while we haven't won a significant pot since 1990/91 when we had Gazza and Gary fucking Lineker playing..
Our best player is running his contract down and our second best player has forgotten how to play football, we are slipping further off top 4 and have gone something like 876 games since we last even bothered to play a first half.

I get some people are glass half full and others half empty but fuck me this is about as bad as it gets
Considering his response to me, it seems like some of our "supporters" are just trolls that want to get a rise out of people who care about the club. They would rather just double down on their positions for the sake of argument or trolling rather than look at the reality of the situation.

No, because it hurts the team and emboldens the opposition fans.
You know what really emboldens them? Having a new manager every 12 months, being known as failures because the owners care more about the NFL and events than they do about the actual football club and the fact that our supporters still believe we are doing things "the right way" and worship ENIC like it's a cult.

That's what makes them really laugh at us.

You know what really emboldens them? Having a new manager every 12 months, being known as failures because the owners care more about the NFL and events than they do about the actual football club and the fact that our supporters still believe we are doing things "the right way" and worship ENIC like it's a cult.

Of course; I get it. And it’s not that I’m ‘against’ it.

But I’d prefer to see half empty stadiums as opposed to an actual demonstration mid-game.

Of course; I get it. And it’s not that I’m ‘against’ it.

But I’d prefer to see half empty stadiums as opposed to an actual demonstration mid-game.
I think the point is though, mid-game, the cameras and broadcasters will really focus on it, it will have an impact and get them talking about how fans are walking out in disgust because of the owners etc.

It seems a pretty effective method to me, at least to get the narrative and pressure on ENIC and Levy.

Do I think it will make them change? Probably not because I don't think they give a fuck tbh but at this point it's about driving them out whatever way we can and maybe with a constant pressure at every game they may look to sell.

The problem is right now, our fanbase seems apathetic because we have a section of the support who feel they are indebted to ENIC for some strange bizzare reason.

23rd minute? but, but, but, but we don't start playing until the 46th, if you're lucky. How depressing to travel all that way, then come straight back home again.

My alternative suggestion is that the entire crowd turns 180 degrees and faces away from the pitch for the entire 1st half. This has advantages:
1. You wouldn't miss anything you'd want to see.
2. You wouldn't be able to see Lloris play volleyball into his net.
3. You could still annoy people by squeezing past them on the 40 minute mark.
4. You might find yourself looking straight at a fit young lady's arse.
5. You could still sneakily watch the game out of the corner of your eye, on a jumbo screen, if you're a masochist.
6. Sometimes we score in the 2nd half.

Edit: and if you get tired you could sit on the back of the seat in front of you, which would be behind you, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I remember the fans organised a similar thing at Valencia. On some symbolic minute (relatively near half time, say the 37th minute) the entire stand, upper and lower tiers, behind the goal walked out, and I mean everybody. The Spanish commentators, who studiously avoid any mention of protests or controversy in general, had to explain it as the once full stand was left completely empty. I can't remember what they were protesting about, but it was damned impressive.

Somewhat less impressive was seeing 95% back in their places after the break.

:contefacepalm2:

Last edited:
I remember the fans organised a similar thing a Valencia. On some symbolic minute (relatively near half time, say the 37th minute) the entire stand, upper and lower tiers, behind the goal waked out, and I mean everybody. The Spanish commentators, who studiously avoid any mention of protests or controversy in general, had to explain it as the once full stand was left completely empty. I can't remember what they were protesting about, but it was damned impressive.

Somewhat less impressive was seeing 95% back in their places after the break.

:contefacepalm2:
Sure they didn't just go for a beer?

Why is it that every time a poster posts something that doesn't meet with what you people design as the "correct response," you pounce on them like a fat kid on a birthday cake?

He's not interested, he gave his reasons. Who the fuck are you to label him as anything other than a Spurs supporter just because he doesn't share your view?

As people have said, levy only cares about tickets and sales. Part of the plan though is to have a mildly successful team sniffing around the super league. If we didn't qualify for Europe for a decade he might get worried. I can assure everyone that the current 'success' of the club suits him to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom