World Cup 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Souness made a good point about Portugal. For a small country with a population of about 10 mill they punch above their weight by consistently producing top players and regularly qualifying for the major tournaments.

Is it me or are these current crop of players one of the worst as far as global football talent and quality goes?

Very underwhelmed by the quality of this World Cup. Haven’t seen so many aging stars still start games in a WC.

Last edited:
I don’t want Ghana to win because Partey.
I don’t want Portugal to win because of Bruno.

This sucks.
I wanted Ghana to win when I saw that Chrissie Houghton is a technical adviser and that they're underdogs. Then realised that Partey played for them - talk about being caught between the devil and the deep blue sea!

I wasn't going to bother watching any games live, and just happy to catch up on the highlights. But a really bad dose of food poisoning and jet lag has made me bed-ridden today, so watching what's on. I was probably going to watch the SK - Uruguay game anyway, for obvious reasons, but that wasn't anything to write home about, apart from Hot Rod's contribution.
Hoping that Portugal game gets a bit more exciting in second half, to stop me dozing off.

I wasn't going to bother watching any games live, and just happy to catch up on the highlights. But a really bad dose of food poisoning and jet lag has made me bed-ridden today, so watching what's on. I was probably going to watch the SK - Uruguay game anyway, for obvious reasons, but that wasn't anything to write home about, apart from Hot Rod's contribution.
Hoping that Portugal game gets a bit more exciting in second half, to stop me dozing off.
Get well soon mate

Back
Top Bottom