World Cup 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feel like we need a seperate thread from the other one which is more about the controversy surrounding it. Two months out from the start today.

Who's everyone got to win it? Where will England come? Are Australia going to knock out France in the group?

I'm going

Winner: Brazil
Runners Up: Portugal
Underdog Story: Denmark make the Semis and Qatar make Quarters
Early Heavyweight Exit: France and England both knocked out my Argentina and Nethlerands respectively after finishing 2nd in their group
POTT: Vinicius

Winner: Argentina
Runners Up: Holland
Underdog Story: Denmark
Early Heavyweight Exit: Italy :) ..........and Spain.
POTT: Messi
Golden Boot : Bergjwin

Feel like we need a seperate thread from the other one which is more about the controversy surrounding it. Two months out from the start today.

Who's everyone got to win it? Where will England come? Are Australia going to knock out France in the group?

I'm going

Runners Up: Portugal
Underdog Story: Denmark make the Semis and Qatar make Quarters
Early Heavyweight Exit: France and England both knocked out my Argentina and Nethlerands respectively after finishing 2nd in their group
Think the other thread is fine and I will post in it henceforth. This kind of legitimises the crazy as fuck original corrupt decision

Think the other thread is fine and I will post in it henceforth. This kind of legitimises the crazy as fuck original corrupt decision
Exactly why we need two threads, closer we get to the tournament a lot of us will want to be discussing the actual WC itself. Going to be frustrating for people trying to ignore the tournament seeing it talked about in a thread has been the hub for the atrocity surrounding the selection process. Hardly think the thing that legitimises it is some dude on the fighting cock forums making a thread.

Exactly why we need two threads, closer we get to the tournament a lot of us will want to be discussing the actual WC itself. Going to be frustrating for people trying to ignore the tournament seeing it talked about in a thread has been the hub for the atrocity surrounding the selection process. Hardly think the thing that legitimises it is some dude on the fighting cock forums making a thread.
Agree

Runners Up: Uruguay
Underdog Story: Das Wunder von Bern
Early Heavyweight Exit: Brazil and Uruguay
POTT: Maguire

Runners Up: Spain
Underdog Story: South Korea
Early Heavyweight Exit: England
POTT: Neymar
Golden Boot: Richie Lad

QFs
Netherlands v Denmark (who will knock out Argentina having finished second in their group)
Spain V Brazil
England v France
Croatia v Switzerland

SFs
Denmark v Brazil
France v Croatia

Final
France v Brazil

Winners France.

Early exits: Germany and Argentina in the 2nd round .
Dark horses: Denmark
POTT: Mbappé
Golden boot: Benzema

No bias here of course. Objective analysis

Germany look almost as ropey as England lately, normally I would say I don't see them going far, but it's Germany, they almost always find a way to do well at major tournaments.

England may get out of their group but I don't see them getting any further than that, Wales I don't think will get out of it though.

In terms of a winner, for me it's a toss up between Brazil & Argentina. Obviously would rather it be Brazil for the likes of our own Richarlison to have a World Cup winners medal.

Europe's "hopes" IMO are France or Belgium, no other European sides look like World Cup winners right now IMO.

Speaking of Belgium, I think this tournament is Last Chance Saloon for Martinez, he needs to win something with that squad otherwise he should be looked at as a total failure.

Last edited:
I’m seriously considering making a bet on Iran beating us in our first game. They beat Uruguay last night by the way.
England will be that early heavyweight exit and everyone will wonder why the FA appointed such an inept coach as Southgate

Poch for England might just work. We’re in an awful state under Gareth, sadly.

Anyhows…

Runners Up: France
Underdog Story: Canada
Early Heavyweight Exit: Argentina … and England if nothing changes.

Back
Top Bottom