World Cup 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Midfield looks pretty weak to me. I should add that I know bugger all about other clubs’ players though so maybe some talent is hiding away in there?!

Midfield looks pretty weak to me. I should add that I know bugger all about other clubs’ players though so maybe some talent is hiding away in there?!

It's weak. No balance. I like Bellingham & Rice but they need someone to knit things together and we just don't have it, hence bringing Phillips despite him being a broken man.

Very weak in CM, LB & CB. Not great in terms of keepers. Our strikers/wingers#10's/right backs are all strong.

Quarter finals at best you'd think. Our squad for the Euros was better with a lot more players who were coming in to the tournament in good form. Nobody game changing has really emerged since either.

Luke Shaw and Maguire really are lucky to get in that squad. Nothing at club level justifies them playing at a World Cup. If they weren't Man U players they wouldn't get in the squad.
Tbf left back options are pretty dire, I'm stunned that in a 26 man squad you'd only take one left back. Don't rate Trippier there.

Most baffling squad decision of the day is France only taking 25, you'd be pretty offended if you're a player on the periphery and you've been dropped for an empty seat.

Find it weird Southgate hasn't integrated Tomori into the starting line before the world cup, guy is actually playing for one of the top European clubs but can't make it into the England squad

Maddison is going to get the Grealish treatment. Southgate reluctant to give him any time because he's basically been pressured in to selecting him, the fans treating him like the missing ingredient/saviour/answer to all our shit performances.

Really good player, but can see that drama coming a mile off.

So telling to me that players like Maddison, Foden & Grealish get classified as FWDs.

.....As if attacking midfielders are an oxymoron for the farty England hierarchy.

Foden & Grealish have been playing at RW/LW. Think it's fair to classify them as forwards.

Maddison has, to the best of my knowledge, been playing mostly as a #10, so probably should be classified as a midfielder.

Maddison is going to get the Grealish treatment. Southgate reluctant to give him any time because he's basically been pressured in to selecting him, the fans treating him like the missing ingredient/saviour/answer to all our shit performances.

Really good player, but can see that drama coming a mile off.

He'll be stuck on the wing fighting with Mason Mount & Saka for gametime.

We're not gonna see 3412.... Gary's never coached that and won't start this late in the process.....

It'll be 343 or a flat 352..... Maybe 433 if we're chasing a 2-0 deficit.

Last edited:
He'll be stuck on the wing fighting off Mason Mount & Saka for gametime.

We're not gonna see 3412.... Gary's never coached that and won't start this late in the process.....

It'll be 343 or a flat 352..... Maybe 433 if we're chasing a 2-0 deficit.

Boy Do I Feel Depressed Sesame Street GIF

Foden & Grealish have been playing at RW/LW. Think it's fair to classify them as forwards.

I know it's semantics; but neither are really wingers in the mold of Saka / Sterling (which I think Gary likes)...... Yes, in Pep-ball they're both more of a wide-FWD, but look how Gary struggles to get anything out of Foden.

Personally.... I've never seen Grealish as a wide-player of any kind.

Gallagher a blatant waste of a shirt.........

Why would you (Gary) ever play him ahead of Mount, Maddison, Foden, Grealish or Henderson, Bellingham, Phillips?

Gallagher a blatant waste of a shirt.........

Why would you (Gary) ever play him ahead of Mount, Maddison, Foden, Grealish or Henderson, Bellingham, Phillips?

Totally pointless to bring him. Take another LB option just in case ffs, or Tomori.

I'd even rather Ruben Loftus Cheek got in, at least he provides something 'different'.

Back
Top Bottom