World Cup 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

*shrank, Rio - it's 'shrank'. :ap:

lFZmCJ9.png

*shrank, Rio - it's 'shrank'. :ap:

lFZmCJ9.png

I don't see a problem with it tbh unless I am missing a joke. Having looked on google it is apparently an accepted use in 3 out 5 Dictionaries in the UK and even those that say it is not acceptable acknowledge it is widely used informally.

I’m both incredibly proud of the performance today and a little disappointed. I do feel as though we deserved a draw at least! I think Davies is an about 75% and just not quite as electric as he was normally. David had a rough go, and he’ll be better. Ismael Kone came in and did alright. Tajon Buchanan played a great game and gave the defenders fits!

The reality is, we showed we belong. We didn’t get embarrassed like Costa Rica did, and that’s a good showing for Canada. We didn’t win, but we played well overall and didn’t just sit back and soak up the pressure in hopes of a goal. We played a pressing, attacking game and took it to the Belgians. I’m proud of that and hope we can get a lift from this into a result against Croatia and Morocco to make a push to stick around.
I hope you go through tbh. I was very impressed with the way Canada played, apart from in the final third that is, but hopefully you get that sorted.

AFAIAC, you were far better than Belgium and actually deserved better than a draw, but that's what happens when you're profligate in front of goal.

Good luck for the remainder. Carry on playing like that, and get the finishing sorted of course, and I expect to see you guys in the last 16.

I hope you go through tbh. I was very impressed with the way Canada played, apart from in the final third that is, but hopefully you get that sorted.

AFAIAC, you were far better than Belgium and actually deserved better than a draw, but that's what happens when you're profligate in front of goal.

Good luck for the remainder. Carry on playing like that, and get the finishing sorted of course, and I expect to see you guys in the last 16.
Canadia just can't score. They are doomed.

Uruguay could be dark horses in this tournament.. not really to win it outright but could see them having a nice run. Not too impressed by Belgium, Croatia, Netherlands or Denmark. Ugarte, Coates and Cavani are strong bench players.. and apparently some of their younger American/Argentina based players are some of the best in those divisions.

I don't see a problem with it tbh unless I am missing a joke. Having looked on google it is apparently an accepted use in 3 out 5 Dictionaries in the UK and even those that say it is not acceptable acknowledge it is widely used informally.
There's nothing at all wrong with it, if you don't mind poor, incorrect English grammar.

'shrank' is the simple past tense (The players shrank). This is how Ferdinand was using the word - and why he was wrong.

'has shrunk' is the past participle (The players' shorts have shrunk, because they were washed on the wrong cycle) and should be used with the verb 'to have'.

It's just like drink/drank/drunk. He drank is correct, whereas He drunk is poor English - despite the fact that many people say it. You'll find that it's thick people who make this mistake.

Happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom