World Cup 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah grabbing a body bag and sticking ‘Mbappe’ on it is totally fine. I’m sure they’d do the same thing if it was a white player.

They have been obsessively hateful of him since the final, despite WINNING.

Lovely bunch.

They would do that if he was a white player, beige player, brown player, or any player. They would have done even worse things if it was actually Ronaldo instead.

The race thing in Latin America is very different from the UK / US / EU. There is still racism, but interpreting actions and words through a U.S. / UK / EU lens is wrong.

For example, I am the darkest in my family. Everyone calls me “El Negrito”. It is not a racist statement at all. In fact, it is affectionate.

Woolwich has, recently, had 2 despicable people as their keepers: Wojciech Szczęsny & Emi Martinez.
It's fine to "moderately" mock the opposition during the heat of the game but what Martinez is doing here is totally infantile and disgusting.
Karma can be a bitch, though...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20822763/martinez-taunts-mbappe-baby-doll-argentina-world-cup-celebrations/

Emiliano Martinez held a toy baby with Kylian Mbappe's face on it

Emiliano Martinez held a toy baby with Kylian Mbappe's face on it

David Beckham was sent off against Argentina in the 1998 World Cup Round of 16, a match England lost on penalties. He was vilified afterwards in this country .
From Wikipedia : "Many supporters and journalists blamed him for England's elimination and he became the target of criticism and abuse, including the hanging of an effigy outside a London pub, and the Daily Mirror printing a dartboard with a picture of him centred on the bullseye. Beckham also received death threats after the World Cup."

He’s a child. Good luck talking to him.

Will probably deny this happened. Or it wouldn’t happen now.

The fact English fans literally stormed into Wembley and caused absolute mayhem before a European final is probably lost on him.

Had to deal with casual racism all my life - my mum was literally spat on when she walked my cousins as babies.
There’s levels to it. People don’t actually realise what they are saying / doing.

Have learnt to ignore the people on here who argue shit they know nothing about. And post on here enough to tell me their actual life experiences are next to nothing.

Has she been found?
ON THE RUN

Topless Argentina fan says she’s fled to Europe as she posts new Insta updates after cheeky Qatar World Cup stunt​

• Published: 10:21, 22 Dec 2022
THE Argentina fan who risked jail by going topless at the World Cup final has revealed she has safely fled to Europe.
Noemi Gomez sparked fears for her safety after she was spotted on live TV stripping off to celebrate Argentina's dramatic penalty shootout win over France.

ON THE RUN

Topless Argentina fan says she’s fled to Europe as she posts new Insta updates after cheeky Qatar World Cup stunt​

THE Argentina fan who risked jail by going topless at the World Cup final has revealed she has safely fled to Europe.
Noemi Gomez sparked fears for her safety after she was spotted on live TV stripping off to celebrate Argentina's dramatic penalty shootout win over France.

Why flee to Europe instead of back to Argentina? :gallashmm:

Couple of twats looking for instagram clout tbh. No sympathy.

He’s a child. Good luck talking to him.

Will probably deny this happened. Or it wouldn’t happen now.

The fact English fans literally stormed into Wembley and caused absolute mayhem before a European final is probably lost on him.

Had to deal with casual racism all my life - my mum was literally spat on when she walked my cousins as babies.
There’s levels to it. People don’t actually realise what they are saying / doing.

Have learnt to ignore the people on here who argue shit they know nothing about. And post on here enough to tell me their actual life experiences are next to nothing.

LMAO why have we turned this in to an England fans are great argument? Stop shifting the goalposts. We have cunt fans but they get called out. Fans of some South American countries don’t.

You are a racist. You don’t care about what the South American fans are saying/doing with concerns to Mbappe, just whataboutism. Straight to accusing me of racism for pointing it out rather than looking at what was posted.

And what a surprise with who likes the comments. The England is the centre of evil/everyone else is fine types. It’s ok to call out bad English fans but not bad fans from South America? Fuck that.

The GOAT.

Interesting stat. I’m a bit skeptical as that’s a huge over performance and you basically have to avoid any high xG opportunities to reach that level of over performance. One thing to note is that the shots Messi takes are a bit unusual compared to other players. And xG is basically a comparison to other players but only counts the shots that are taken.

To have such huge deviation from the xG, he definitely primarily took extremely low probability (distance) shots which are not as low probability for him. Any high xG shot would mean he couldn’t outperform xG to that level so there can’t have been many.

Similar to how sonny outperforms xG by taking lots of distance shots and being an excellent distance shooter but not taking shots from close in.

Back
Top Bottom