Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich crawling back from under their rock on the Woolwich mania forum the bunch of deluded fucking pricks!!! Talking about St Totteringhams day and smacking us Saturday. Let’s please not let these fuckers get one up on us again. We have been by far superior for years now and now is not the time to let them crawl back in amongst us again. Demoralising defeats in our last 2, but what can you do ? Only way to rectify it is by giving those Gooner twats the biggest beating ever. I want a full pelt thrashing to make me feel better, although any 3 points will do. They make you feel like this all the time Spurs every fucking season.

Thinking about it now.. I either want a midfield 3 so Winks isn't exposed, or a back 5 with KWP at rwb.

Lloris
KWP - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Dier/Wanyama - Winks
Eriksen - Son
Kane

or

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
KWP - Winks - Sissoko - Rose
Eriksen - Son
Kane​

Play the side that beat Dortmund with one change, Rose for Foyth.

-------------------Lloris--------------------
--------Toby---Sanchez---Jan---------
Aurier-------------------------------Rose
-----------Sissoko----Winks------------
------------------Eriksen------------------
------------Son-----------Lucas---------

I'm a non league manager myself, and for 9 mil a year, some poch decisions I can't get my head around, need to go back to basics. This squad is geared for 4-2-3-1, I lose bit heart every time we play a diamond, there is far too much running involved for midfielders. Had a really good think about Eriksen. I reckon his form is down to such a narrow system in the diamond. Players on top of each other. We need to get back to playing with width, stretching the game to create more space in midfield. Most games this season you could throw a blanket over our team. We need a recognised def mid back in. I'd go 4-2-3-1
Lloris, KWP, Sanchez verts rose, dier winks/sissoko Eriksen, son kane Moura

Really stretch the pitch with pace. I feel for Moura, no run of games at all, played back to goal. Could even go 4-3-3 with winks sissoko either side of dier. Eriksen from the right front 3.

Play the side that beat Dortmund with one change, Rose for Foyth.

-------------------Lloris--------------------
--------Toby---Sanchez---Jan---------
Aurier-------------------------------Rose
-----------Sissoko----Winks------------
------------------Eriksen------------------
------------Son-----------Lucas---------
I would start Kane instead of Lucas/Son and rest him against Dortmund. But agree with the lineup and 3 at the back.

For weeks, maybe even months Woolwich’s fixture list was as much interest to me as sending Mike Dean a birthday card. But I had a little peek there, and by fuck it’s pretty much plain sailing after us and Man Utd, ours on the other hand is not...
Luckily Chelsea have a few tricky ones dotted in there, and as for Utd if they keep up their current run they should have enough to be in the top 4....
Hard to believe less than a week ago we were looking at where Liverpool & City could slip up, now it’s where Woolwich & Chelsea can slip up......Football is such a bitch at times!!
Saturday is certainly bigger than we thought it would be, more to the point it’s probably bigger than it should have been.....COYS

Win Saturday and top 4 is ours. I personally already think we will finish in the top 4, but this would be a major boost both confidence and point wise.

The team owe a big performance, and I think we'll get it.

For weeks, maybe even months Woolwich’s fixture list was as much interest to me as sending Mike Dean a birthday card. But I had a little peek there, and by fuck it’s pretty much plain sailing after us and Man Utd, ours on the other hand is not...
Luckily Chelsea have a few tricky ones dotted in there, and as for Utd if they keep up their current run they should have enough to be in the top 4....
Hard to believe less than a week ago we were looking at where Liverpool & City could slip up, now it’s where Woolwich & Chelsea can slip up......Football is such a bitch at times!!
Saturday is certainly bigger than we thought it would be, more to the point it’s probably bigger than it should have been.....COYS
I now get why Poch said Burnley was such a massive game - winning that game would have given us that extra buffer from those below us, now 2 losses in a row we are looking down not up in the table with 3 teams breathing down our neck.

But what better game to put things right than Saturday. There can be no better motivation to get us back on the rails than a NLD.

COYS!!!

If we don't win this game I think there is a huge risk that Woolwich finish above us and we finish out of the top 4.

The team looks and feels demoralized and fatigued and this is one of the most important games for years imo. Absolute must win.

Woolwich have looked really good recently too, after having like 2 months of really poor performances they get into form just on time to play us..

If we don't win this game I think there is a huge risk that Woolwich finish above us and we finish out of the top 4.

The team looks and feels demoralized and fatigued and this is one of the most important games for years imo. Absolute must win.

Woolwich have looked really good recently too, after having like 2 months of really poor performances they get into form just on time to play us..

I wouldn't read into the Bournemouth result too much, they're awful.

They have looked good, but they were playing well before we played them in the cup. All form goes out the window in a derby.

Back
Top Bottom